Collapse
No announcement yet.

For 6 months, Kelly Pavlik was great.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kelly pavlik is never coming back he's finished. his demons got the best of him.too bad we never got that pavlik vs paul williams fight that was supposed to happen that would have been awesome.

Comment

Pavlik was the top dog at MW when he took down Taylor. Had impressive power.

Hopkins convincingly beat him in their non title fight. Wasn't even close. Certainly hurt his career, although he was still considered the champ.

Sergio Martinez is the one who took his thrown. bloodied him up bad.

In the end, the dude's an alcoholic. He has at least one DUI on his record, maybe more. His career's done and has been done since he lost to Martinez.

He had his 15 seconds of fame in boxing.

He'll be best known for taking down Taylor. His best win.

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR KOVALEV!! View Post
        Pavlik was great for boxing, I miss his fights. Too bad he couldnt shake his daemons.
        This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Comment

I don't want to see him come back. No reason for him to. If he wants to make a comeback, make a comeback as a trainer. He's pretty well known in his hometown. I bet he could run a pretty successful boxing gym.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
            kelly pavlik is never coming back he's finished. his demons got the best of him.too bad we never got that pavlik vs paul williams fight that was supposed to happen that would have been awesome.
            That would've been a brutal fight. Real exciting too.

I think it was officially made at one point and was set to happen, but Pavlik got a staph infection I think and had to cancel.

After that, it was over.

Comment

Pavlik was really good at Middleweight.

Shame we never got that Pavlik-Paul Williams fight. That was really anticipated and sadly fell through twice.

Back in the 2009-2010 that was one of the biggest fights in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
                The brutal stoppage of Edison Miranda followed by the equally as brutal stoppage of Jermain Taylor to win the lineal Middleweight title. That really was something.

What has happened to this man and will he ever return? I recall talk of him being an alcoholic and involved in crime? He's still only 34 years old.
                Pavlik had a weird career after winning the mw crown. He had that odd, catchweight rematch with Taylor and then fought Lockett and then jumped up at another catch weight to fight Hopkins. After the fight Pavlik complained that he had suffered from pneumonia (I think it was) which led to his training camp being disrupted.

When Pavlik finally came back to mw, seemed to be off the alcohol and drugs for a while, he was starting to look his old self. Then along came the true great mw of his gen, Martinez and Pavlik was essentially taken apart.

Comment

Working...
                X