No announcement yet.

Why does America dominate soccer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Are the women football players on roids like the Williams Brothers?
    You know the one that gets my goat is tennis. We were easily the best country overall in tennis for decades. Once Pete and Andre left though, our best guy was Roddick. He just couldn't live up. He was a fine player for a few years, but just that's it. I heard there's some black kid from Maryland who's supposed to be the next great american at tennis.

At least we have Serena in womens still.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Another thread where the Europeans talk about how mediocre or subpar the mens soccer team is, not realizing that soccer is in like 7th place here at best.

So then they claim we are only good at sports we play, nevermind that baseball is played all over Latin America and Japan as well, and basketball is one of the most global sports around too. And then we have to bring up how we beat ass in the Olympics too, summer and winter even we're 2nd all time in medals I think.

Blah blah blah.
      US will take over soccer in like 10 yrs.

just watch.

soccer is catching on with kids young.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        US will take over soccer in like 10 yrs.

just watch.

soccer is catching on with kids young.
        Doesn't matter because most boys drop soccer by the time they get to junior high or high school.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Are the women football players on roids like the Williams Brothers?
          those penis packing roiders ruined womens tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by left hook tua View Post
            mens soccer?

Wtf?

I thought it was like men baseball/womens softball.

i thought soccer was womens version of men's rugby/football.
            .................................................. ............

Comment

Women soccer has been more established than men soccer in school especially in colleges and universities.

There is a interest recently in the sport in the states and now there are international pro players and coaches training and playing in the US

Comment

Doesn't matter because most boys drop soccer by the time they get to junior high or high school.
                not no more.

just watch.

soccer on tv is gaining too.

no break 90 minute match > 4 hour baseball game (HALF OF IT PITCHERS SCRATCHING THEIR NUTS ON THE MOUND)

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  not no more.

just watch.

soccer on tv is gaining too.

no break 90 minute match > 4 hour baseball game (HALF OF IT PITCHERS SCRATCHING THEIR NUTS ON THE MOUND)
                  The US will always be great at baseball, there's still loads of kids who play baseball all over this country.

Watching soccer is the worst. I admit watching baseball on tv is meh unless you're invested in the team, but it's still more exciting than soccer where something interesting happens once every 10 minutes at the most.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    Women soccer has been more established than men soccer in school especially in colleges and universities.

There is a interest recently in the sport in the states and now there are international pro players and coaches training and playing in the US
                    20 yrs from now....

kids from london, manchester, barcelona, madrid, munich, milan....

will be dreaming of playing for LA GALAXY in the mls.

Comment

The US will always be great at baseball, there's still loads of kids who play baseball all over this country.

Watching soccer is the worst. I admit watching baseball on tv is meh unless you're invested in the team, but it's still more exciting than soccer where something interesting happens once every 10 minutes at the most.
                      Baseball is awful to watch. Thats not about UK vs US or whatever, I dont mind American Football and Basketball is a great sport, but Baseball is almost unwatchable.

Comment

Working...
                      X