No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Former Ratings Chairman Sues IBF, Claims Corruption

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Former Ratings Chairman Sues IBF, Claims Corruption

Cries of corruption have long plagued the collective reputation of boxing sanctioning bodies, whose mea culpas (if offered at all) do little to disabuse the fight press and public of their suspicions that unethical practices do indeed prevail.

Consider the case of William James, former Ratings Chairman of the International Boxing Federation.

James, employed by the IBF from June 7, 2010, until June 2, 2012, has sued the sanctioning body in New Jersey’s Union County Court. [Click Here To Read More]

And the IBF is the "best" belt organization.

Everybody knows corruption goes on, i mean how is Khan ranked #2 WBC (I think) at 147 even tho he never fought there?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      And the IBF is the "best" belt organization.

Everybody knows corruption goes on, i mean how is Khan ranked #2 WBC (I think) at 147 even tho he never fought there?
      Clearly the WBO is the best out there. Is the one that is consistent with its own rules. The wrongdoings that the WBO had made were not because of corruption.

WBA has multiple belts in one division just to collect fees.

WBC doesn't follow their own rules. Mayweather and Canelo should have been stripped of their belts long ago.

I am not fond at all with the Sanctioning Bodies, but among the main ones the WBO is the best one. So is the case that Japan is finally allowing their fighters fight for WBO championships...

Comment

Originally posted by OBLIVION View Post
        Clearly the WBO is the best out there. Is the one that is consistent with its own rules. The wrongdoings that the WBO had made were not because of corruption.

WBC doesn't follow their own rules. Mayweather and Canelo should have been stripped of their belts long ago.

I am not fond at all with the Sanctioning Bodies, but among the main ones the WBO is the best one. So is the case that Japan is finally allowing their fighters fight for WBO championships...
        The only bad thing that I have seen about the WBO. They tend to rank Puerto Rican fighter in their top 10(I'm Puerto Rican)

Comment

WBC must be good at shutting people up

Comment

Originally posted by OBLIVION View Post

They're all corrupt, WBO is run by puerto ricans for puerto ricans, they don't even try to hide it. The reason why they're not doing what the WBC and the WBA are doing is because WBO is the newest of the big 4 so they're still trying to appear legitimate. Once they're old enough they'll do that same type of stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X