Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather be Poor & Happy or Rich & Depressed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's no general handbook or a demarcation line on what makes someone happy or depressed... richness or poorness be damned...

some can be happy being serial killers or inflicting pain on others...

everything is relative...

sorry TS, i find your question meaningless...

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
      Rich! Trust me, I wouldn't be depressed for long.
      Then I suggest you move out of Denmark chap.

I would imagine that you have enough higher skills/education to get paid a pretty penny at market value. That is if the Govt. didn't tax you at 60%.

Speaking of Depression. The whole "Denmark is the happiest place in the world" is starting to be refuted through some anecdotal evidence. Supposedly that country has one of the top suicide rates in the world. I can imagine why.

Maybe because your destiny & financial future has already been cut, caped and decided for you... and the Doctor is not much better off tehn the Garbage man.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Tycoon View Post
        Then I suggest you move out of Denmark chap.

I would imagine that you have enough higher skills/education to get paid a pretty penny at market value. That is if the Govt. didn't tax you at 60%.

Speaking of Depression. The whole "Denmark is the happiest place in the world" is starting to be refuted through some anecdotal evidence. Supposedly that country has one of the top suicide rates in the world. I can imagine why.

Maybe because your destiny & financial future has already been cut, caped and decided for you... and the Doctor is not much better off tehn the Garbage man.

What a boring non-contributor to a boxing-based website.

Comment

Im pretty close to them same with or without dough. I refuse to be poor though. I hustle up money however.

Comment

give me the money. ill take my chances with depression.

i can buy drugs to not be depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Enchanted View Post
              Somewhere between being homeless & being below average money-wise.
              Few people in this category are happy for that reason alone.

Comment

poor and happy of course. what's the point of being rich if it doesn't make you happy?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I have 24 years living poor and miserable, gone through depression.

I think I can handle the "terrible" life of being rich and depressed.
                  ^the most legitimate response for choosing that option in here.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    people who have never lived in a third world country don't even understand what poor is.

Lol @ being poor and having the internet. . .
                    I guess i'm poor then.

I've lived/was born in a 3rd world country and I have no internet.

Anyway, that is a flawed logic of a criteria to be considered poor.

You do not have to live in a small wooden home next to a river to be considered poor.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                      Rich and Depressed any day of the week .....

I can hire a gorgeous 5th Avenue Psychologist to help me through the depression when I'm on the east coast and a gorgeous Hollywood Blvd. Psychologist to work on me when I'm on the west coast.

When you got crazy paper, you can get any kind of help you need ....

Happy and poor is a contridiction of terms. IMHO
                      True.

I rather be depressed in a Rolls Royce than happy in a bus.

Comment

Working...
                      X