No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pirog vs Ishida Bout in The Works For May 1 in Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pirog vs Ishida Bout in The Works For May 1 in Russia

According to promoter Kirill Pchelnikov, Nobuhiro Ishida (24-7-2, 9KOs) is a candidate to face WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (19-0, 15KOs) on May 1 in Moscow, Russia. There were rumors of an offer being made to Marco Antonio Rubio, but Rubio is ranked at number 12, while Ishida is ranked at number 9 in the WBO's top ten. Pirog was close to a deal to face Darren Barker, how suffered an injury and was forced to withdraw.

[Click Here To Read More]

oh man
    10 chars

Comment

How is Ishida even ranked at MW? So ridiculous. As long Pirog fights Geale next, I can put up with another tune up from him.

Comment

I wasn't expecting much with such short notice. I guess it's ok.

Comment

Ishida doesn't deserve a title shot but he's a solid opponent. If Pirog can stop him that would put him on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            How is Ishida even ranked at MW? So ridiculous. As long Pirog fights Geale next, I can put up with another tune up from him.
            Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Ishida doesn't deserve a title shot but he's a solid opponent. If Pirog can stop him that would put him on the map.
            I think he is ranked by the WBO at MW is because he is undefeated at MW with a win over Kirkland.

As long as he fights Geale right after this is OK.

Comment

I'm not impressed with this choice of opponent. Ishida is coming off a one-sided loss to a faded Paul Williams.

Comment

Ishida beats Kirkland and now everybody wants to fight this dude...

Comment

WAAR ISHIDA

I like this fight. I don't think beating Ishida really says much, but I have a soft spot for him.

Anyway, looking at the WBO rankings, Ishida isn't ranked anywhere (160 or 154). How the hell is he suddenly #9? He just lost in a one sided fight against Williams.

Comment

it's funny how Ishida wasn't on the WBO rankings at 160 for March 2012 but somehow he's now #9

this is BS on Pirog's part and the corrupt WBO

I guess the avaliable ranked oppoenets weren't weak enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X