No announcement yet.

Ellerbe: Team Mayweather Is Not In Negotiations For Pacquiao Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellerbe: Team Mayweather Is Not In Negotiations For Pacquiao Bout

Quick, somebody inform Bob Arum and Team Pacquiao that they’ve dialed the wrong number and are not in negotiations with Team Mayweather after all.

They’ve obviously reached an impostor who has somehow conned them into thinking that they are dealing with Floyd’s representatives. I mean, what else could be the answer? Bob Arum has been releasing succulent insider tidbits about the ongoing negotiations between both camps for the last several weeks. Despite the “gag order” imposed on both parties, we’ve heard about hammered-out blood testing issues and offers from Abu Dhabi worth a camel for Arum and “gazillions” for the right to host the fight.

All of this must come as a surprise to Mayweather adviser and spokesman, Leonard Ellerbe, who has publicly stated that nobody has contacted him or anyone from Team Mayweather to even begin negotiations for a Pacquiao bout.

Speaking to David Mayo of the Grand Rapids Press, Ellerbe went on record as saying that there have been no talks taking place and that Mayweather is enjoying his time off after beating Shane Mosley via one-sided unanimous decision last month.

So, what’s the deal?

This is a “my word” vs. “his word” controversy and you can obviously choose the side you feel is more trustworthy, but take these facts into consideration:

*The first word of Pacquiao-Mayweather negotiations beginning came from Arum’s mouth.

*The “gag order” provision also came from Arum.

Hell, everything we’ve heard about these “negotiations” has come from Arum…

I would be on the fence regarding who to believe if Arum had not established a long history of lying about the progress and status of behind-the-scenes fight negotiations.

As mentioned here: “Let’s Stop Playing the Bob Arum Game ,” this concept of floating false rumors to the media to sabotage future negotiations and influence public opinion is nothing new to Arum’s repertoire.

So, until someone official from Team Mayweather actually acknowledges talks between both sides, I hope you join me in taking all the Arum talk with a huge grain of salt.

Edit - that was out of order.
    Last edited by Shattered Jaw; 06-14-2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Wait so you believe everything Ellerbe says? I wouldn't believe anything you read in the media, including that Oscar leak where he said the fight is almost done.

Comment

This blogger got news that nobody else has got? I think i'll wait for a credible source.

http://insidefights.com/2010/06/14/e...pacquiao-bout/

Comment

arum thinks there is negotiations going on.

delahoya said the other week , it's close to done.

top rank is manny's promoter. golden boy is floyd's.

Comment

Ellerbe also said Floyd has never, ever used Xylocane in a public announcement too

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Ellerbe also said Floyd has never, ever used Xylocane in a public announcement too
              Yes. I remember this.... in direct contradiction to a dedicated HBO segment on the matter!

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                Quick, somebody inform Bob Arum and Team Pacquiao that they’ve dialed the wrong number and are not in negotiations with Team Mayweather after all.

They’ve obviously reached an impostor who has somehow conned them into thinking that they are dealing with Floyd’s representatives. I mean, what else could be the answer? Bob Arum has been releasing succulent insider tidbits about the ongoing negotiations between both camps for the last several weeks. Despite the “gag order” imposed on both parties, we’ve heard about hammered-out blood testing issues and offers from Abu Dhabi worth a camel for Arum and “gazillions” for the right to host the fight.

All of this must come as a surprise to Mayweather adviser and spokesman, Leonard Ellerbe, who has publicly stated that nobody has contacted him or anyone from Team Mayweather to even begin negotiations for a Pacquiao bout.

Speaking to David Mayo of the Grand Rapids Press, Ellerbe went on record as saying that there have been no talks taking place and that Mayweather is enjoying his time off after beating Shane Mosley via one-sided unanimous decision last month.

So, what’s the deal?

This is a “my word” vs. “his word” controversy and you can obviously choose the side you feel is more trustworthy, but take these facts into consideration:

*The first word of Pacquiao-Mayweather negotiations beginning came from Arum’s mouth.

*The “gag order” provision also came from Arum.

Hell, everything we’ve heard about these “negotiations” has come from Arum…

I would be on the fence regarding who to believe if Arum had not established a long history of lying about the progress and status of behind-the-scenes fight negotiations.

As mentioned here: “Let’s Stop Playing the Bob Arum Game ,” this concept of floating false rumors to the media to sabotage future negotiations and influence public opinion is nothing new to Arum’s repertoire.

So, until someone official from Team Mayweather actually acknowledges talks between both sides, I hope you join me in taking all the Arum talk with a huge grain of salt.
                why would anybody contact this f@g...he doesnt do **** except rub mayweathers balls in between rounds.

Comment

so ODLH is lying too

Comment

Arum is full of ****! I always had my suspicions that he was just talking to himself all along so he can say we tried and blame it all on Floyd for the fight not happening and go forward with pac vs. magarito. **** that fat big.

Comment

Working...
                    X