Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey RWK, Chris never proved himself "Simply The Best"!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey RWK, Chris never proved himself "Simply The Best"!

"I know the craft full-circle. I consider myself to be a highly-skilled, puncher boxer. I can execute every shot in the book with textbook technique and I've honed my ring intelligence, I know how to use the ring as well as anyone. Some of my fighting mechanisms are so well-oiled that all I need to do is streamline and apply philosophy to progress." - October 1989

"I'm quite simply the best." - November 1989

"There's not a thing any trainer in the world can teach me." - January 1991

"There's nobody more scientific, nobody understands the art form like I do. I challenge you to find anybody to challenge me." - July 1991

"I'm the grandmaster of the craft." - 1992

What a phoney.

And some people insisted that he was going to 'put it right' and prove himself 'the best' that time around. I wasn't taken in by it. I wanted to believe it, I wanted to believe he could perform like he did against Henry Wharton (when he DID look like simply the best) every time out. But I wasn't taken in and neither were most others.

"That (second fight with Carl Thompson) was a boxing 101. I was slipping almost all of his right hands before the eye shut, and he couldn't touch me with the jab. I was catching most of his uppercuts, the uppercuts I wasn't catching I was rolling with. I was punching him correctly, all my weight behind the blows, picture-perfect right uppercuts, picture-perfect three-punch combinations, beautiful left uppercuts, beautiful right hooks. That was a boxing 101 in every sense of the word." - 1999

**** off.

Comment

Well, well.

It's our little charachter Geoff, the Haye'd one.

I got my eye on you, bwoy. Don't **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by GEOFFHAYES View Post

"I know the craft full-circle. I consider myself to be a highly-skilled, puncher boxer. I can execute every shot in the book with textbook technique and I've honed my ring intelligence, I know how to use the ring as well as anyone. Some of my fighting mechanisms are so well-oiled that all I need to do is streamline and apply philosophy to progress." - October 1989

"I'm quite simply the best." - November 1989

"There's not a thing any trainer in the world can teach me." - January 1991

"There's nobody more scientific, nobody understands the art form like I do. I challenge you to find anybody to challenge me." - July 1991

"I'm the grandmaster of the craft." - 1992

What a phoney.

And some people insisted that he was going to 'put it right' and prove himself 'the best' that time around. I wasn't taken in by it. I wanted to believe it, I wanted to believe he could perform like he did against Henry Wharton (when he DID look like simply the best) every time out. But I wasn't taken in and neither were most others.
        I've missed all this. ****in welcome back!

Comment

I call you when I need you, my heart's on fire..

Comment

Originally posted by Kaynan View Post
            Well, well.

It's our little charachter Geoff, the Haye'd one.

I got my eye on you, bwoy. Don't **** up.
            Yeah really quite a few people were excited that Eubank was going to 'put it right' (fight the best and beat them), then the Calzaghe fight came up. But the rest of us knew better, the majority of us, we'd heard it all before son and been let down by Eubank time and again and knew it could never be better by then.

Comment

Originally posted by GEOFFHAYES View Post
              Yeah really quite a few people were excited that Eubank was going to 'put it right' (fight the best and beat them), then the Calzaghe fight came up. But the rest of us knew better, the majority of us, we'd heard it all before son and been let down by Eubank time and again and knew it could never be better by then.
              Who exposed Bank prior to this?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvEimXq8YrE

Comment

Eubank could have sucked Oprah Winfrey up them nostrils.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaynan View Post
                    Who exposed Bank prior to this?
                    Nigel Benn, Dan Sherry, Gary Stretch, Michael Watson, Sugarboy Malinga, Ron Essett, Tony Thornton, Ray Close, Mauricio Amaral, Dan Schommer and Steve Collins.

Christophson just did not perform to his potential in any of those fights, only flashes of his excellence here and there.

Comment

Working...
                    X