Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Cain Velasquez deserve a title shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velasquez is undeniably a superior wrestler in comparison to Carwin.

Carwin's wrestling credentials:
    2-time Division II national runner-up (1996-1997)
    NCAA Division II National Champion (1998)

Velasquez's wrestling credentials
    2-time Division 1 All-American
    Finished 5th at 2005 NCAA Division I Championships
    2005 Pac-10 Conference Wrestler of the Year

A great, borderline elite Division I wrestler is superior to an elite Division II wrestler.

Also, Shane Carwin was put on his back by Gabriel Gonzaga with a single leg takedown from the clinch.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
      You are wrong.
      Just because Shane is a stronger wrestler doesn't make him a better one. Cain has better technique, he sets it up better, and he transitions better. Shane's a beassssst, but I do believe Cain will beat Shane when they fight for the HW title.

Comment

Originally posted by TPhenom01 View Post

A great, borderline elite Division I wrestler is superior to an elite Division II wrestler.

Also, Shane Carwin was put on his back by Gabriel Gonzaga with a single leg takedown from the clinch.
        Preach my brother, PREACH!

Comment

On paper, sure. Fights aren't fought on paper though. And if you don't think Carwin could've been a successful Division 1'er you're a fool. Credentials are nice, but they are not the be all end all.

Carwin was buzzed from a punch at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by murmagic View Post
            carwin or lesnar would be cain, cain is so overrated its unreal. JDS would beat him. and i would have loved to see JDS vs Cain

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
            Just because Shane is a stronger wrestler doesn't make him a better one. Cain has better technique, he sets it up better, and he transitions better. Shane's a beassssst, but I do believe Cain will beat Shane when they fight for the HW title.
            Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            On paper, sure. Fights aren't fought on paper though. And if you don't think Carwin could've been a successful Division 1'er you're a fool. Credentials are nice, but they are not the be all end all.

Carwin was buzzed from a punch at the time
            cain is overrated, kongo isn't that great and big nog is shot. those are his best wins, i'd like to see him fight mir, nelson or dos santos, someone who is't past prime or with a padded record ( kongo).
            cain may be a better wrestler, but this isn't a wrestling match. carwin has the intangibles that make a better fighter, big shane was put on his back by manbearpig, but knocked him the **** out 40 seconds later, even though on paper manbearpig's ( and mir's ) skills were better. when they fight, after big shane becomes HW champ, carwin will scramble cain's brains quick.

Comment

of course. he knocked Big Nog the **** out. That's a huge accomplishment even at this point in Big Nog's career.

Kongo & Rothwell are also seasoned veterans and solid wins since their both tough as hell.

Comment

Working...
              X