God, No God, Morals, and Evolution

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rage

Originally posted by Merovingian View Post
    Now that's just plain silly. Think about what you said. Who needs a book to support a truth for that book will only be the thoughts of someone else anyway? That will only tell me that the book would be a shared perception which means the TRUTH will be only to those who share it. If you don't comprehend that concept, I can share many books I have read that share similiar thoughts, but still, how is relevant in determining the truth?
    if thats what you think thats cool, but he did something in me that nobody ever could do bro, and thats something I can not say is fake

Comment

ra

Proverbs 12:16-17

Comment

Originally posted by rageinme View Post
        if thats what you think thats cool, but he did something in me that nobody ever could do bro, and thats something I can not say is fake

How do you know that it was It who did it?

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
          It's just been something that's been on my mind lately. I've been having a heated debate with a devout atheist; and some of the questions he asked really dug in and made me realize my own questions. I held my own with him, to my way of thinking; but what is a man if he doesn't put not only his own beliefs but the beliefs of others under the microscope?

I can readily see how other animals have evolved and to what end, yet, human evolution really doesn't make sense to me. In our society, our emotions get in the way of cold hard logic and the way things seem like they ought to be if everything were geared soley towards the growth and affluence of the species. We have evolved into self-destructive behavior, which can be seen in our disagreements with religious beliefs and philosophies, of course. We don't put the strongest in charge in all cases; and we don't abandon the weak, or the dumb....where in the animal kingdom, those are the ones who die, thus ensuring the best DNA moves forward. In our society, our worst traits keep gettin bred into future generations, which has to be seen as detrimental for our species in the long-run. It appears we are sowing the seeds of our own destruction by evolutionary standards.

According to general evolutionary theory, the most desired traits are bred again and again until it is incorporated into virtually all of the offspring.

Where are we heading? What desired trait are we trying to spread? You know as well as I do that the geeky kids aren't the ones getting laid in school...it's the jocks, who are all too often dumb as a damn rock. Intelligence is supposedly what we are trying to pass on....

You see what I mean?
          I have argued the same thing with similiar enthusiasm. The question even the most stuborn athiest can not answer is this

Even if it can be proved that we are an desendent of the apes. that the apes came from somthing else. That we can trace living organisms to a cingle cell creature. And can even explain what made that creature. Even if you have an argument that will show everything on a timeline tracing back to the "big bang" theory. You can not explain where that came from. Some power some be it being or entitiy started all of it. If not God what would you chose to call it. And if this phenomenon isn't the King of the heaven you reject existing because you came from am ape. Does that mean you shouldn't appreciate what you have been given and respect others who are trying there best to just survive?

I have stumped more than one with that exact paragraph. Somthing else that will catch is the fact that even though you may chose to believe that you are nothing more than a group of cells doing what it must to survive. And that a God does not exsist. Why is spiritual nurturing such a sucess at creating inner peace and harmony? I argued once that we make ourselves believe that is what happiness is because what we are told from childhood on. But in pschycology it is said to be necessary and perscribed to the mentaly ill. Not necessarily Religon, but some sort of spiritual nurturing. Even meditation. Makes you think about the Spirit. Why would the brain need such function?

Comment

Originally posted by kingdosia View Post
            I have argued the same thing with similiar enthusiasm. The question even the most stuborn athiest can not answer is this

Even if it can be proved that we are an desendent of the apes. that the apes came from somthing else. That we can trace living organisms to a cingle cell creature. And can even explain what made that creature. Even if you have an argument that will show everything on a timeline tracing back to the "big bang" theory. You can not explain where that came from. Some power some be it being or entitiy started all of it. If not God what would you chose to call it. And if this phenomenon isn't the King of the heaven you reject existing because you came from am ape. Does that mean you shouldn't appreciate what you have been given and respect others who are trying there best to just survive?

I have stumped more than one with that exact paragraph. Somthing else that will catch is the fact that even though you may chose to believe that you are nothing more than a group of cells doing what it must to survive. And that a God does not exsist. Why is spiritual nurturing such a sucess at creating inner peace and harmony? I argued once that we make ourselves believe that is what happiness is because what we are told from childhood on. But in pschycology it is said to be necessary and perscribed to the mentaly ill. Not necessarily Religon, but some sort of spiritual nurturing. Even meditation. Makes you think about the Spirit. Why would the brain need such function?

Couldn't agree more. Nice post.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdosia View Post

you might stump uneducated atheist with that but go up to someone who knows their **** and they will look at you funny. Because say god created the big bang, then who created god? Many argue that god is outside of time and space but thats just an excuse. If something cant come from nothing were did god come from?...and if you think we came from apes your ******ed...We share a common ancestor but we never evolved from them. You say why is religion so successful at creating peace and harmony for the good it does it does twice the damage...why is religion so successful at starting wars and instigating ****? The religious are ****ing up are school system saying that evolution is not fact and that it should be removed from schools. In science a theory is more than facts it what binds facts together, and if there is a flaw or bad data you can always go back and fix that data...its a never ending learning process....Religion on the other hand says what it says even if its wrong and if there is a mistake they don't go back and say we ****ed up and fix it. It took the catholic church a long ****ing time to except that the earth revolved around the sun not the sun around the earth. It even says in genesis (1:3-5, 14-19) "Let there be light" God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them? They have never fixed that...and its completely wrong!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by SiNCiTY_KiD702 View Post
                you might stump uneducated atheist with that but go up to someone who knows their **** and they will look at you funny. Because say god created the big bang, then who created god? Many argue that god is outside of time and space but thats just an excuse. If something cant come from nothing were did god come from?...and if you think we came from apes your ******ed...We share a common ancestor but we never evolved from them. You say why is religion so successful at creating peace and harmony for the good it does it does twice the damage...why is religion so successful at starting wars and instigating ****? The religious are ****ing up are school system saying that evolution is not fact and that it should be removed from schools. In science a theory is more than facts it what binds facts together, and if there is a flaw or bad data you can always go back and fix that data...its a never ending learning process....Religion on the other hand says what it says even if its wrong and if there is a mistake they don't go back and say we ****ed up and fix it. It took the catholic church a long ****ing time to except that the earth revolved around the sun not the sun around the earth. It even says in genesis (1:3-5, 14-19) "Let there be light" God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them? They have never fixed that...and its completely wrong!!! lol

Just two thoughts.

1. You are confusing religous men with God and religion. Men, who are ignorant and intolerant and grasp onto religion to use it as an ultimatum have only been successful in controlling the weak minded and driving away the strong. God is so much more than they can comprehend, yet they use and have used his/her name to justify ungodly acts. These acts, such as the crusades, were not God inspired, they were man inspired, greed inspired, etc. God never told anyone to invade Jerusalem and cast out the Muslims.....but men who were of high religious rank did and because they "represent God", God is blamed for man's evil deeds....and Christianity is blamed by non-Christians. Unfortunately, bad messangers have tainted the message for quite some time.

2. Just because God, as defined as eternal and omnipresent and beyond time and space is incomprehensible, it does not make it an excuse.....it just is as we see it.
                Last edited by K-DOGG; 12-06-2006, 06:10 PM.

Comment

I was just wondering....if we didn't evolve.... .. then why do men have nipples?? I mean we came before the female counter part...we had no need for them! we weren't gonna breast feed!

Another thing you gotta look at is that we are all decedents from Noah right...because god drowned the rest of the world other than him and his family right... .. .So why are we all different colors?? Bible stories don't add up!

(I'm assuming that a old man could build an ark so big that holds two of each of the worlds animals by himself....and gather them by himself)

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                    Just two thoughts.

1. You are confusing religous men with God and religion. Men, who are ignorant and intolerant and grasp onto religion to use it as an ultimatum have only been successful in controlling the weak minded and driving away the strong. God is so much more than they can comprehend, yet they use and have used his/her name to justify ungodly acts. These acts, such as the crusades, were not God inspired, they were man inspired, greed inspired, etc. God never told anyone to invade Jerusalem and cast out the Muslims.....but men who were of high religious rank did and because they "represent God", God is blamed for man's evil deeds....and Christianity is blamed by non-Christians. Unfortunately, bad messangers have tainted the message for quite some time.

2. Just because God, as defined as eternal and omnipresent and beyond time and space is incomprehensible, it does not make it an excuse.....it just is as we see it.
                    If they were representatives of god and god did infact exist then why didn't he say wooowww woooww hold the hell up! you are not doing this in my name and misrepresenting me! your fired!...He didn't. Did nothing to stop it, and they did it in his name! So that means he is cruel because he knew these people were doing dirty deeds in his name and just sat back and watched it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SiNCiTY_KiD702 View Post
                      I was just wondering....if we didn't evolve.... .. then why do men have nipples?? I mean we came before the female counter part...we had no need for them! we weren't gonna breast feed!

Another thing you gotta look at is that we are all decedents from Noah right...because god drowned the rest of the world other than him and his family right... .. .So why are we all different colors?? Bible stories don't add up!

(I'm assuming that a old man could build an ark so big that holds two of each of the worlds animals by himself....and gather them by himself)
                      Many make the mistake of interpreting the stories of the Old Testament literally without doing research and are afraid to even explore other possible explanations.

Comment

Working...
                      X