Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson's Promoter Fires Back at DeGuardia Over Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
    well, muchel is lying about some stuff. smith WASTED a guy who went the distance with stevenson and knocked him down, a guy very likely
    to win a rematch at that. he also brutally KOd a guy who went the distance with the real 175 champ, so thats that.

smith is WBC #3 so a mandatory some time soon is possible. prolly his only option.
    fonfara is likely to win the stevenson rematch?? him and wat fuggin army...he got taken lightly stevenson got a bit tired, got knocked down, got up and kick his tail the next 2 rounds and gassed a bit in the 12th..fonfara was never close to winning the fight..

stevenson isnt as chinny as ppl make him out to be..he's faced puncher after puncher and has been on the canvas once and it was more fatigue and bad defense than it was a chin issue

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      The only thing keeping Stevenson relevant is that belt... once he loses that he's finished.

Pascal and Bute are more popular and they haven't been champion in over 4 years.

Stevenson and his promoter know this. Especially at his age, he loses that belt and no one's going to watch him anymore.
      if bute wins vs alvarez..adonis and bute with do 20k...adonis does pretty good numbers each time in canda..likely at least 5k and those have been fihts ppl dont want..he did 10k with cloud so u are lying a bit

Comment

I believe this story simply because Joe Smith knocked out two top guys in the light heavy weight division one being a legend in Bernard Hopkins. So he's probably feeling himself after accomplishing that and wants to be paid accordingly which is no problem because this is prize fighting. Adonis has fought better overall competition than Joe so I wouldn't believe he would be scared to fight the guy. At the end of the day Joe Smith is a high risk low reward fighter and it's hard for guys like that to secure big fights. The only other option Joe has for a belt is Andre Ward and he doesn't know if he's gonna fight or retire. So money wise for Joe his best option is Adonis for the belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          Smith may not be the A side, but he's got a lot more pull now from the Hopkins win, and the fact that he's an average Joe (pun intended) that the working man can relate to, people would pay to see that because they would love to see a guy like smith knock out someone with stevenson's reputation.
          I totally agree with you 100% percent! Excellent post!

Comment

Yawn. Chickenson at his best. Gonna fight 3 more bums then retire.

Comment

Whoever taking the words of POS Deguardia over someone like Michel who always gives the right time and is highly respected in the world of Boxing is full of it... Same goes for Duva & co. btw... I would gladly see the haters here accepting what is basically a laughable partnership offer ...

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                no it's a track record of guys disrespecting lineage! it's a track record of fans being trendy like Michel said...if u went and fact check all o his so called ducks u'd see that it's very possibly and highly likely that HE AINT DUCKED NOBODY!

pascal has the best claim of being ducked...but then again he has his faults in the matter as well
                You one of the underage girls Adonis fücked or what ? Damn you protective. No need to get all sensitive cutie.

Comment

Props to Smith for doing what he had to do so far but take the business out of it for a minute, who really thinks that Smiths beats Stevenson?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    So basically 'Joe Smith is not that good so of course we want to fight him"

That's how I read it, too.

Odd comments from Michel, implicitly pointing out that they ducked Kovalev, because he's actually good.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                      That guy is the belt holder, and with that belt also came the lineal title ( for what it's worth)...

The other guy floored a shot Grandpa (in fashion I'll admit) and got himself out of a very bad situation with a blind Hail Mary against a top 10... That's all he got... Then they want to make him the A side and collect before he goes down in the limbs of the life of the journeyman he is...

Does that makes sense to you ?
                      You actually believe that blind hail mary bull****? Man you must of never watched Duran then because you don't know **** about in fighting.

Comment

Working...
                      X