Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin is Asking For More Than He Deserves!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I understand where Loeffler is coming from, if the fight does crazy out if this world numbers, his client gets screwed. And on the flip side, that's money out of Canelos pocket should the fight do astronomical numbers.

But Canelo is a 300k fighter and GGG is a 150k fighter with a no name B side. The likelihood that this fight does Super numbers is small. It's probably a notch below Canelo/Cotto. $15 million flat is a safe bet.
    I get it. I just think it's a massive risk. Maybe I'm selling the fight short, but I just don't see it cracking 1m, making $15m look too attractive to pass on.

Maybe I'm just too risk averse.

Comment

If GGG really turned down $15 million that's a duck. He doesn't want the fight, he's just trying to cash in a lottery ticket.
      The fight will make over 100 million and he is supposed to get 15%? Gtfoh
      Flo mo

Comment

How much money do you think this fight will generate? To put this in perspective, Canelo got $5 million plus 25% of the upside versus Cotto. You think he ended up getting more than $15 million give or take a few?

I think people are delusional on how big this fight will be.
        Cotto-Alvarez ended up generating allegedly $55m on PPV (after paying HBO/cable distributors, the handlers of the event likely walked away with $30m; how that got split between the two camps is their own business, but Alvarez and Golden Boy basically have an 80/20 Alvarez share on any proceeds, with Alvarez keeping the Mexico money for himself).

People will flame me for this, but I doubt Alvarez-Golovkin generates $50m on PPV (~$27m to Golden Boy after paying the outside parties but before paying Golovkin/K2).

Comment

• Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
          If Canelo really wanted the fight they'd offer a percentage. Let the numbers dictate how much Triple g gets paid.
          The percentage offer would likely be 10%-15%, as Oscar insinuated when the fight was even first mentioned.

Does K2 risk Golovkin in a fight for 10% of the take? I don't think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            Flo mo
            Can you break down this $100m figure please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Flo mo
              That's delusional. $100 million/$60 is 1.667 ppv buys. No way in mutha ****ing hell this is a $100 million fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Ask any manager or promoter and they will tell you a flat fee is a bogus offer for a fight of this magnitude. Even Arum and Marquez and others know the offer is bogus and spoke out about it. No PPV with the kind of money involved has one side getting a flat fee. GGG's team countered with a percentage offer last year so if Canelo's team doesnt accept it, they are the ones being a Diva.
                When has Bob Arum ever split an event with anyone, for a fight of any magnitude? Arum is literally the king of paying a guy a flat fee on the front end, with the backside of the deal so high that said fighter never sees any additional check. Heck, he's done that with Marquez himself on countless fights.

The front-end check, offered by Golden Boy a while ago, is to take the fight for $10m-$15m; for Alvarez to end up seeing his own $15m off of the US money, the event would likely have to generate $60m on US PPV (1m PPV buys @$60sd) which is unlikely to even come close to happening.

Alvarez, in essence, has offered up the lion's share of the likely US PPV money to try and make the fight, and K2 has come back asking for an even bigger cashout for their 35 year old middleweight. lol

Comment

That's delusional. $100 million/$60 is 1.667 ppv buys. No way in mutha ****ing hell this is a $100 million fight.
                  Even then, there's only 45% of that to play with. The math screams take the $15m.

Comment

• It's simple, if he wants this fight take the deal and you get the fight...Yes or No. Yes = i really want this fight No= i really dont want this fight. When he's the a-side, he makes deals that are beneficial to him. (dont expect the A-side to do anything other)
                    BUT THE BALL IS IN HIS COURT Canelo made a very good offer.....Canelo can go fight Cotto again, Margarito (family honor/business fight), lemuix, dominic wade, rosado, brook, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      You do realise that if he were to get a split, the $15m goes away, right? He'd be lucky to get a split that'll net him $15m assuming it does indeed do 1m, which is unlikely. Why take that risk?
                      If it's a split then it gets cut in HALF. Or more like $6 million Chavez money. U think K2 would take that???

Comment

Working...
                      X