No announcement yet.

Holm's boxing is pathetic?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holm's boxing is pathetic?

Wtf. She's coming in with the same combination every time, and Randam is just taking step back and throwing hard straight right counter - it has yet to fully land clean on Holly, but Holm looks so amateurish coming in with a 1-2.

So much for her "boxing" being a difference maker...

Whether or not she ends up winning this fight, doesn't matter... She is not the same fighter she was through the Rousey fight.

She was absolutely on the juice up to the Rousey fight. After that fight, it was revealed the link between her and the steroid suppliers, and the infamous "mini dick-clit" pic came out. She had no choice but to stop using them.

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
    Wtf. She's coming in with the same combination every time, and Randam is just taking step back and throwing hard straight right counter - it has yet to fully land clean on Holly, but Holm looks so amateurish coming in with a 1-2.

So much for her "boxing" being a difference maker...

Whether or not she ends up winning this fight, doesn't matter... She is not the same fighter she was through the Rousey fight.

She was absolutely on the juice up to the Rousey fight. After that fight, it was revealed the link between her and the steroid suppliers, and the infamous "mini dick-clit" pic came out. She had no choice but to stop using them.
    Yes, because roids change your actual boxing skills and technique...you ****ing muppet.

Give roids to some couch potato and he can suddenly throw good punches and knows how to throw in combination. Urgh, the spastics around here...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Yes, because roids change your actual boxing skills and technique...you ****ing muppet.

Give roids to some couch potato and he can suddenly throw good punches and knows how to throw in combination. Urgh, the spastics around here...
      No, but they make your strikes more powerful - and increase your endurance

You give roids to an athlete, who had good technique, and it increases the damage one can do with that technique.

Your lack of knowledge just earned a place on my ignore list, now piss off back to a Pac/Mayweather thread you poor little bugger.

Soon enough, after all the non-knowledgeable ***gits are placed on ignore, there'll be nothing but good conversations around this place.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
        No, but they make your strikes more powerful - and increase your endurance

You give roids to an athlete, who had good technique, and it increases the damage one can do with that technique.

Your lack of knowledge just earned a place on my ignore list, now piss off back to a Pac/Mayweather thread you poor little bugger.

Soon enough, after all the non-knowledgeable ***gits are placed on ignore, there'll be nothing but good conversations around this place.

Not in her defense, but I think she was scared to get chin check.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          Not in her defense, but I think she was scared to get chin check.
          Her strikes were just so ineffective? That powerful straight left she used to throw off the pivot? Not effective in the least.

She resorted to literally doing the same thing over, and over for one round - trying to come in at an angle with a 1-2, and sometimes followed by a leg kick. Randamie was just shifting back and waiting for her head in the same spot with a straight right counter. She got her bell rung like this over, and over for all of round 2? I think?

She just doesn't appear to be the same striker she was leading up to the Rousey fight.

I think you're right as well... She just doesn't have the chops for it anymore.

Comment

And then of course there was this...

And this...
            http://nypost.com/2015/11/17/questio...eroid-pushers/

Comment

Holm is a counterstriker by nature and is very effective at that. If she's forced to push the action like she was tonight, she resorts to throwing very predictable combinations. She looks awkward and uncomfortable striking first.

Rousey has terrible defense and was overly aggressive which was tailor made for Holm. Holm hasn't looked good since because her last three opponents fought a smarter game and didn't think they were invincible like Ronda.

I still thought Holm did enough to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                Holm is a counterstriker by nature and is very effective at that. If she's forced to push the action like she was tonight, she resorts to throwing very predictable combinations. She looks awkward and uncomfortable striking first.

Rousey has terrible defense and was overly aggressive which was tailor made for Holm. Holm hasn't looked good since because her last three opponents fought a smarter game and didn't think they were invincible like Ronda.

I still thought Holm did enough to win.
                This.

I suspected De Randamie's aggression would be her undoing, but she did her homework & forced Holm to push the action which is not what Holm does well if you've seen her in MMA or in boxing. I also agree Holm did enough to win as I'm seeing most fans seem to think also. I was a little surprised Holm's name didn't eek this close decision I thought she deserved anyway.

And definitely an ugly fight to watch. I mentioned in the other thread about this fight that it was a battle of Holm's ineffective activity vs De Randamie's effective inactivity (+ a ineffective ref who was well within his rights to take 2pts from De Randamie, but for sure should have taken one between the blatant first hit after the bell &/or it happening a 2nd time in the next round). And for me activity wins over inactivity when the more effective person isn't doing much of anything.

Comment

She got outpointed by two world class muay thai strikers. Actually I thought she won this fight if only there was a more competent ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    And for me activity wins over inactivity when the more effective person isn't doing much of anything.
                    So Porter should have beaten Brook?

Comment

Working...
                    X