Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you score Cuadras vs. Gonzalez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

116--112 for Roman is ok, good fight. I don't think he can go above Super Fly.
    Bantam would be a stretch for him, they re hydrate to 130+ thats to much.

Ray

Comment

116-112 Gonzalez. Great fight and Cadres has good offensive skills.

He pity patted some times and getting so much pressure from a smaller guy lost him the fight.

Typical to see who would say that Chocolatito didn't win clearly. Same people that say that he lost to Estrada

Comment

Cuadras got shafted. It should have been a draw at the very least

time to remove chocolatito from the #1 p4p spot and put kovalev there

nobody wants a P4P king midget anyway
        Last edited by lopetego; 09-11-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Competitive fight, not close. Gonzalez slowed down after five but his work was still generally cleaner and more sustained than Cuadras' was..

Didn't enjoy the fight much, either. Nice pace and atmosphere but Cuadras' run and flurry still isn't particularly pleasing to watch.

Comment

I thought it was a fairly clear 8-4 or 7-5 win for Gonzalez. Cuadras had a lot of moments where he shoeshined and then caught a hard shot from Gonzalez, and I feel like people are giving him too much credit for the shoeshining. It ended up fairly close because Cuadras was still strong late and Gonzalez faded.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              116-112 Gonzalez. Great fight and Cadres has good offensive skills.

He pity patted some times and getting so much pressure from a smaller guy lost him the fight.

Typical to see who would say that Chocolatito didn't win clearly. Same people that say that he lost to Estrada
              Just like with the Estrada fight, I don't understand how the hell people have Gonzalez losing this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Gonzalez needlessly pushed the pace early on and didn't have enough in the tank to finish strong. He coulda boxed at a measured pace and still won the rounds and pressed for the ko in the late rounds. I swear hbo hyping him as a ko artist has ruined him. Last 2 fights he relentlessly pressured his opponent looking for a ko. He's at his best when he boxes and steps around his opponent imo...i don't like the wild exchanging version.
                You can see the difference the weight class made because typically Roman wears his opponent down with the beating he dished out early. Cuadras ended up the stronger man down the stretch though, which made the fight close.

Roman needs to be careful about putting so much early effort in at this weight.

Comment

Cuadras had Chocolachino delivering a sermon after the fight as if he just had a near death experience, .

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    I had it a draw. Gonzalez looked good through like the 5th or so, and then Cuadras was picking him apart. Lil dude looked like crap the second half of the fight, tired, face busted up while Cuadras looked fresh.

I had it a draw and thought the scores were too wide for Gonzalez. I'd love to see a rematch but doubt Gonzalez will want it.
                    He'll likely go back down to 112.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      If you look at their faces, it's obvious who landed the harder more effective punches.

Gonzalez was badly bruised and marked up. Cuadras just had the cut from the head butt.
                      Doesn't always tell the story. You can win more rounds and do less damage.

I didn't watch the fight closely enough to score it, I'll have to watch it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X