No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    I watched GoT for the first time a couple weeks ago when HBO was offering a free weekend. Anyway I enjoyed the show (even though I wasn't up to speed in the story arc/plot) and marveled at the beauty of some of the filming locations. There was a scene where two men on horseback are riding through this mystical landscape - grass covered granite mountains. It looked absolutely magical. I read that they filmed scenes in Northern Ireland; does anyone know the exact spot?
    Do you happen to know which season or episode you watched?

They do a wonderful job on selecting filming locations. Check this out, you can probably find it here (I'm guessing it was in Ireland):

http://www.skyscanner.net/news/38-am...tions-pictures

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Do you happen to know which season or episode you watched?

They do a wonderful job on selecting filming locations. Check this out, you can probably find it here (I'm guessing it was in Ireland):

http://www.skyscanner.net/news/38-am...tions-pictures

if he's talkin about the free preview, he probably saw the premier...the scene where Sir Friendzone was talking to Dany's boytoy while they rode around

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
          I don't get it.
          my bad i misread what you wrote. but yeah, tormund is clearly involved in the big battle in the north as you can see from he trailers. Jon will leave the wall to ser alliser.
          Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 05-02-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
            yeah. I think we've gotten too many feel good moments in these first two episodes; I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
            Which means someone far more sympathetic than fat Walda will die,
            and in very dramatic fashion

^That may mean a Stark.

Arya's due for some movement, but she's isolated in Braavos.
            Bran's also overdue, but isolated north, (not) turning into a tree.
            Jon just came back: killing him again so soon would be farcical.

Sansa or (more likely) Rickon will be sacrificed in dramatic fashion:
            you know, just within arm's reach of reuniting with another Stark
            or something as theatrically-overwrought as that, lol...

Comment

• Very good episode. It's a lot easier to have a good episode with Danerys, and/or the Snake Sisters or whatever they are called.

Setting dogs on a baby is WAAAAY worse than anything Jeoffry ever did.

I was waiting for Melisandre to do a titty f0ck on Jon Snow's dead peepee, but sorrowfully it didn't happen. That would have woke me from the dead.

Everyone is so excited about Jon Snow, but don't forget he's a Stark, and Stark's usually screw up in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by horge View Post
                Which means someone far more sympathetic than fat Walda will die,
                and in very dramatic fashion

^That may mean a Stark.

Arya's due for some movement, but she's isolated in Braavos.
                Bran's also overdue, but isolated north, (not) turning into a tree.
                Jon just came back: killing him again so soon would be farcical.

Sansa or (more likely) Rickon will be sacrificed in dramatic fashion:
                you know, just within arm's reach of reuniting with another Stark
                or something as theatrically-overwrought as that, lol...

i dont mind if they kill off Arya...her storyline has staled

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i dont mind if they kill off Arya...her storyline has staled
                  Whenever the show has focused on Arya or Danaerys, it can drag,
                  and for a reason...

Unfortunately, there's no way to kill Arya in a specially tragic way
                  while she's off in Braavos, which is a sort of suspended animation,
                  which in turn is why her story arc is in flatline.

It's likely Arya's story arc is being dragged out because it's still too
                  early to reintroduce her to Westeros, which in turn implies she will
                  have an important role to play later on... so she probably can't be
                  killed yet.

The same principle may apply to Danaerys: all that mucking about
                  in Essos, only to wind up back with the Dothraki, and the head-fake
                  of finally obtaining a fleet to sail home on (only to have it burn) is
                  a gigantic dragging-out of her silly story-arc, likely because it's
                  still too early to bring her back to Westeros:

There's perhaps too much story to tell in Westeros, as a set-up to
                  some 'big return' of hers, so she has to "loiter" East.

Comment

• Originally posted by horge View Post
                    Whenever the show has focused on Arya or Danaerys, it can drag,
                    and for a reason...

Unfortunately, there's no way to kill Arya in a specially tragic way
                    while she's off in Braavos, which is a sort of suspended animation,
                    which in turn is why her story arc is in flatline.

It's likely Arya's story arc is being dragged out because it's still too
                    early to reintroduce her to Westeros, which in turn implies she will
                    have an important role to play later on... so she probably can't be
                    killed yet.

The same principle may apply to Danaerys: all that mucking about
                    in Essos, only to wind up back with the Dothraki, and the head-fake
                    of finally obtaining a fleet to sail home on (only to have it burn) is
                    a gigantic dragging-out of her silly story-arc, likely because it's
                    still too early to bring her back to Westeros:

There's perhaps too much story to tell in Westeros, as a set-up to
                    some 'big return' of hers, so she has to "loiter" East.

so who dies? there's not really anyone else that can die right now, right?

where's Littlefinger BTW? not a single clue about that guy

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                      my bad i misread what you wrote. but yeah, tormund is clearly involved in the big battle in the north as you can see from he trailers. Jon will leave the wall to ser alliser.
                      Indeed, the Wildlings will follow Jon and Stark loyalists for BastardBowl. Ep9.

I can't wait for the next eppy if the Tower of Joy is shown. Then it will all fall into place nicely. And as you say, the other shoe is dropping, hard according to what I've read.
                      Jon will suffer (maybe not personally) before he overcomes the little s.hit Ramsay, he's been bought up by a wildling, he's fuppin mad. Roose was colder, more calculating, but Ramsay is just an utter bastard.... He will play one more 'game'. And fans won't like it lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X