No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
    Ok cool cause I wanna start reading the books. How long are they? I was wondering if the books go into detail about the mad king, king roberts war and how he got to the throne etc etc. But yeah I wanna start from scratch cause the storyline on GoT really puts on emphasis on prior events.
    Fairly long. Yeah tons and tons of background info so you learn about the history of all the houses etc it really puts things together in the show. The way I did it is I watched season 1, then read the first book which is more or less season one of the show. I then watched season 2, read up to where the show ended and so on, that way everything was new to me on the show more or less (couple plots went a little ahead of the show but nothing too major). Absolutely worth reading. If you want to cut the time in half download the audio books for free too and listen in ur car when u commute or working out, etc, and read when you have time to read. You'd be surprised how much faster you can get through series this way by utilizing all that extra time of listening to the radio/music.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      I believe R+L=J but I don't see why Tyrion has anything to do with that. I think Tyrion is an excellent advisor and that's his role.
      So if Rhagaer Targaryen and Lyanna Stark are Jon's parents then that makes Daenerys* and Jon related? And what about the rumor that the mad king raped or had sex with Joanna Lannister and that's Tyrion's real dad?

Comment

• Next episode it looks like those damn Umbers will betray the Starks and give Ramsey a gift (Rickon Stark).

Jon Snow VS Ramsey "Lord" Bolton: The Battle of the Bastards...9th episode? This is gonna be epic.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          So if Rhagaer Targaryen and Lyanna Stark are Jon's parents then that makes Daenerys* and Jon related? And what about the rumor that the mad king raped or had sex with Joanna Lannister and that's Tyrion's real dad?
          Yeah I sorta believe that theory that Tyrion is a Targaryen now, not sure if I like it very much as it seems that everybody will end up being one (Jon, Tyrion, and Varys).

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Yeah I sorta believe that theory that Tyrion is a Targaryen now, not sure if I like it very much as it seems that everybody will end up being one (Jon, Tyrion, and Varys).
            Where does the theory that Varys is a Targaryen come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
              It came from fans who read the book. I never read the book though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
                Well, there's been a lot of theories about Varys given how little we know about him, but him being a Targaryen has been around for a while for book readers. Not sure this is the thread to post book stuff though. Who knows though, he could just be a huge Targ supporter but I think the show is gonna eventually reveal him as somehow connected to the Targaryens.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Well, there's been a lot of theories about Varys given how little we know about him, but him being a Targaryen has been around for a while for book readers. Not sure this is the thread to post book stuff though. Who knows though, he could just be a huge Targ supporter but I think the show is gonna eventually reveal him as somehow connected to the Targaryens.
                  Lol yeah, reading through the thread all I read was "but the book, "the book", "in the book", it frustrated the hell out of me, I tried to plead to posters in the TWD thread to leave the comics out but everyone still does it. And it's the same here too, I guess everyone just has to always bring in "the book" in these types of threads. If you can't beat them join them

With that said..according to the internet regarding the theory, in the book doe...

(spoilers? in white letters below(not really spoilers as everything is said in the show but I will put what I think is a spoiler in white)

Jon Snow's mother died when she gave birth to him, which is why Ned found her in a pool of blood in the tower of joy. Fans say the promise she asked Ned to do is take care of her son Jon Snow.
                  Of course we all know that Tyrion's mother Joanna died giving birth to him, this is said pretty much throughout the whole 5 seasons so, no spoiler there. We know for a fact also in the show(or not, but def in the book it is said), it's said that Daenyrys mother died soon after she was born, due to complications.

So Jon, Daenyrys, and Tyrion's mothers all died while giving birth to them.

Hmm.
                  Last edited by -Kev-; 05-02-2016, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                    i'm so afraid for the gift the umbers are going to give to ramsey. i ****ing hope it isn't true.
                    Wicked occurrence if true indeed. I'm watching ep2 again now. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
                      Hey Brush I'm gonna hit you up tomorrow but coach me. I'm real but they don't have the "donate" option for my points anymore.
                      Look for the donate button under my name

Comment

Working...
                      X