No announcement yet.

CANELO: "SO WHAT if my FIGHT NIGHT WEIGHT is 180-190.. WHO gives a F***!!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
    And Canelo may very well do that. Nothing is set in stone. In might turn out Nelo fights ggg at 60. He might drop the belt all together.
    If GGG wants the paycheck though I believe he will play ball with Nelo and Oscar. After all he's the A side.
    i think GGG will likely be left on the outside looking in if he doesn't negotiate to weigh under 160lb at the weigh in. After all, money talks. and sanctioning fees generated from a canelo fight >>>>> ggg fights.

add to that, WBC is run by Mexicans and I don't think they will strip their countryman and high revenue generator.

its almost shaping up to be a "Dare to be great" issue...and lets say if ggg went down to caneloweight and loses, his excuse is built in.

if I was ggg in this specific case, I wouldn't even put up my WBA/IBF/IBO belts, just fight for the WBC strap since its at the caneloweight

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
      what really surprised me is canelo could not really hurt or KO cotto
      I wasn't surprised in the slightest. Cotto has a respectable chin and Canelo's power has been overrated for years. his last KOs were a severely blown up Josesito Lopez and the most chinny of super welter contenders within the last couple of years in James Kirkland. Don't drink the Kool-Aid bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
        I wasn't surprised in the slightest. Cotto has a respectable chin and Canelo's power has been overrated for years. his last KOs were a severely blown up Josesito Lopez and the most chinny of super welter contenders within the last couple of years in James Kirkland. Don't drink the Kool-Aid bruh.
        well I remember a blown up bantamweight Manny bludgeoning cotto into a gargoyle so a LH like canelo should have KO'd him if he hit cotto with the same punches he KO'd Kirkland with

Comment

McAlvarez is saying that he'll make 155 for the weigh-in, then rehydrate to his true weight of damn near 180lbs & smash Khan's chin into dust.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
            what really surprised me is canelo could not really hurt or KO cotto
            Canelo absolutely hurt Cotto. His face looked like it had been hit by a sack of potatoes & I bet he pissed blood from those body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              A-Side boxing ladies and gentlemen! Get ready for Canelo vs Bradley for the middleweight lineal title in September!
              Sad thing is, I feel Bradley schools Canelo over 10 rounds.

Comment

Working...
              X