Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anderson is not that great. His opponents are just ******ed (SRS thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stalaggh View Post
    And people actually believe the cracked ribs bit, if he had those cracked ribs he would not have done the things he did in that fight, jumping then kicking Sonnen, the submission attempts before the final one that caught him. Please, thats just an excuse, Hendo dominated the first round in their fight the same way, wrestling and ground control.

And yeah, Okami fought scared, it aint Silva's fault, why Okami traded blows with Silva or tried to, is beyond me, should've tried for a takedown and not the greco-roman attempt that got him a couple of knees to the body.
    Could you not see how bad his ribs was? do you honestly think that was a 100% Anderson silva in there with Chael. i mean at times chael beat him standing especially in the first round were he buckled him. So was his epic reflexes gone for one night? lol, those kicks were due to his huge heart and will to finish the fight. He actually only attempted on triangle LOOOL in the last minute. Other then that He used the sub attempts to get chael of his back in the 3rd round. Also that bowing Anderson always does before the fight. He could barely do them. he made a slight headbow, thats it. And in between rounds not once did he sit down on the stool but stood up and put his arms on the cage. lol typical Anderson hater that can't accept his greatness. That was a display of pure heart.

Comment

I think he gets overrated on this site but is a legit great fighter and one of the best in the world.

Okami had the wrong gameplan, but a lot of his opponents didn't. Despite the knockout, Belfort's approach was the right one, as was Sonnen's (for different reasons, obviously).

Comment

Anderson fought with broken ribs as much as Tito fought with a cracked skull.

I am a Silva fan but c'mon, ive had cracked ribs before and i could hardly breathe let alone punch kick and sub.

Hendo laid the blueprint and Chael rigged the foundation but failed to demolish the foundation.

Silva is a amazing i love how he mentally beats his opponents. Its a true art-from how he says so little but gets so deep in their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          I think he gets overrated on this site but is a legit great fighter and one of the best in the world.

Okami had the wrong gameplan, but a lot of his opponents didn't. Despite the knockout, Belfort's approach was the right one, as was Sonnen's (for different reasons, obviously).
          cuz of one off fight with Chael he is "overrated"? I actually got a better impression of Anderson and rated him even greater for making such a comeback and fighting with so much heart. With a cracked rib. He didn't train for months after that fight due to his ribs. I challenge anyone to name one mma fighter with more heart and Anderson. GSP tapped to strikes against matt serra so don't try pulling him up. Also he ahs never fought through adversity and is to scared to take risks. As I said before it is typical for mma noobs or casual fans to underrate him after the chael fight. I remember how every noob picked Vitor to KO anderson inte first round and talked all that **** about Anderson being lucky and being a bum. **** all y'all b1tch a$$ noobs

Comment

i wanna get some fact straight...silva is the all time best and yes GSP WOULDNT LAST ONE ROUND..THAT NEEDS TO STOP i doubt gsp could even beat okami

anyway silva is just overall to smart and intimidating
            the only fight left around that weight class i see having a good chance is jon jones

silva needs to move up to 205

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
              cuz of one off fight with Chael he is "overrated"?
              Erm, I didn't say that. There are about 5 posters on here who mostly post pro-Silva stuff and don't talk about much else unless it helps to discredit Fedor/GSP/other greats who people compare to Anderson. So like I said, I consider him overrated on this site.

Thanks for proving my point, btw. I said he was overrated on this site and then you come along and start talking about Sonnen, who I didn't mention, start criticising GSP, who I didn't mention, and giving a lengthy speech overrating Silva, and then call those who disagree with you noobs and casual fans. Great stuff.

Kinda unusual for someone disagreeing with me to prove me right though so congrats for that.

Comment

Anderson is the GOAT.

Sometimes when GSP fights i watch mattress commercials and get the same amount of action. After his mma career he could have a solid future showing people how to lay on top of things. Probably a master planker i bet...

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                  c I challenge anyone to name one mma fighter with more heart and Anderson. GSP tapped to strikes against matt serra so don't try pulling him up. Also he ahs never fought through adversity and is to scared to take risks. As I said before it is typical for mma noobs or casual fans to underrate him after the chael fight. I remember how every noob picked Vitor to KO anderson inte first round and talked all that **** about Anderson being lucky and being a bum. **** all y'all b1tch a$$ noobs
                  GSP actually tore his groin in the 3rd round of his fight at UFC 100 and continued fighting. So yeah

What the hell does this thread have to do with GSP, anyway?
                  Last edited by Jack3d; 08-28-2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    Erm, I didn't say that. There are about 5 posters on here who mostly post pro-Silva stuff and don't talk about much else unless it helps to discredit Fedor/GSP/other greats who people compare to Anderson. So like I said, I consider him overrated on this site.

Thanks for proving my point, btw. I said he was overrated on this site and then you come along and start talking about Sonnen, who I didn't mention, start criticising GSP, who I didn't mention, and giving a lengthy speech overrating Silva, and then call those who disagree with you noobs and casual fans. Great stuff.

Kinda unusual for someone disagreeing with me to prove me right though so congrats for that.
                    I aimed it to all mma noobs bro. Not jsut you, I said all Y'all meant to those noobs that picked vitor. Just cause I quoted you the whole thing wasn't aimed to you lool. World don't revolve around you . I brought up the chael thing cuz many new mma fans think Anderson sucks cause of that fight.
                    Last edited by Mohammedini; 08-28-2011, 11:23 AM.

Comment

People picked Vitor because in a way, he presented a high pace pressure style that would give Anderson some problems, but instead he stood at range and basically did nothing and that is the kiss of death against Anderson.

I'm not taking anything away from Anderson, like I said he's beaten some great fighters over the years. But this whole "muhammad ali comparison/otherwordly/unparalleled/lazer accurate nonsense is what I'm disagreeing with. Anderson is good but he's not that good.

Comment

Working...
                      X