Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 12-09-2019, 09:03 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 94,829.25
Total Points: 95,019.54
Default Nations Of Annoying Fans

To me, the British empire is most sickeningly biased in the evaluation of its boxers, who are generally scrubs. A plow horse like Hatton can be a superstar in Great Britain, whereas he would be a minor draw stateside and seen for the nag he is.

The Brits go nuts with accolades and superlatives every time they have a decent fighter. They get straight away to the task of turning him into a newspaper ATG, without waiting for evidence.

This is what happened with their oaf Joshua, and he turned out to be a scrub. Now, because he has defeated a porcine Ruiz on the second try by emulating the Klitscho-scared style, they are right back on their high horses, once again proclaiming him to be the heavyweight messiah.

He is sure to be beaten again soon. That prediction has a qualifier, though. They have to let him fight someone dangerous. They probably will try to minimize danger with their opponent selection.

Brits, the world has not forgotten with you that your oaf is a big scrub who was cold ccked by the fattest heavyweight champion ever, it turns out. Joshua would not last three rounds with Wilder, and would likely be out in one.

Is there any nation of boxing fans as sickening as the Brits?
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:21 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Location: The Desert,Peoples republic of Commiefornia,The land where insanity is law
Quoted: 4700 Post(s)
kushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond reputekushking has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 229,566.85
Total Points: 320,523.61
Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old LefHook View Post
To me, the British empire is most sickeningly biased in the evaluation of its boxers, who are generally scrubs. A plow horse like Hatton can be a superstar in Great Britain, whereas he would be a minor draw stateside and seen for the nag he is.

The Brits go nuts with accolades and superlatives every time they have a decent fighter. They get straight away to the task of turning him into a newspaper ATG, without waiting for evidence.

This is what happened with their oaf Joshua, and he turned out to be a scrub. Now, because he has defeated a porcine Ruiz on the second try by emulating the Klitscho-scared style, they are right back on their high horses, once again proclaiming him to be the heavyweight messiah.

He is sure to be beaten again soon. That prediction has a qualifier, though. They have to let him fight someone dangerous. They probably will try to minimize danger with their opponent selection.

Brits, the world has not forgotten with you that your oaf is a big scrub who was cold ccked by the fattest heavyweight champion ever, it turns out. Joshua would not last three rounds with Wilder, and would likely be out in one.

Is there any nation of boxing fans as sickening as the Brits?

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

kushking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:38 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Richard G is a jewel in the roughRichard G is a jewel in the roughRichard G is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 27,821.90

It's more the commentators I think, the classic example is the surprise KO of Khan by a journeyman. Every time I want a LOL........
Richard G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:28 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
chrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,730.88
Total Points: 78,475.21
LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples 
LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples For your mom - desktop 0 For your pops - desktop 0 
For your mouth - desktop 0 For your vagina - desktop 0 For you loose @sshole - desktop 0 Good poster - Chrismart So true... - Tony Trick-Pony 
No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll Why you got so many vibrators? You're gay. - afgbjfgmih 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll 

I think any ethnically biased or nationalistic fanbase in general sucks. Nationalistic is bad (IMO) but makes a bit of sense but the ethnically biased (especially when they hate based on others race or nationality) is the worst kind of scum among the boxing fan base. The sad thing is, it’s the VAST majority on the main page and social media.
chrisJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:48 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1792 Post(s)
The Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond reputeThe Old LefHook has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 94,829.25
Total Points: 95,019.54

I detest those English halfwits singling their little song, and they are not commentators but thousands of everyday fans. I want the limey smashed every time it starts.
The Old LefHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:27 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2984 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,903.15
Total Points: 97,832.28
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 Cheers!!!!! - Outworn No Message - Marchegiano 

Can't stand it either. That's why I loved seeing Hatton get TKO'd by Mayweather in Floyd's 39th fight. They weren't in a Hatton wonderland THAT night.
Anthony342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:44 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 19459 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,050.75
Total Points: 380,222.07
No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx 
Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 
Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony 
Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey No Message - MinuteMaid5 happy holidays - TBear Early birthday BEER! - RoadMan94 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I do not like to hate or dislike a boxer because of his fan base, but I am only human, or so I like to believe.

I hatted Hatton, because I have been to England, and visited Manchester, among other places. I hate it when they start singing walking in a winter wonderland. I enjoyed seeing Hatton get flattened against Floyd and then by Manny too.

I somewhat expected some American to deflate that Calzage fellow, but it never happened.

I will state here, that I do like Mr. Froch a lot. He punches hard, fights hard, gives the fans their money's worth, and goes all in.

I enjoyed seeing Froch whip Groves twice.
Zaroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:32 AM #8
Banned

Quoted: 2418 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 116,482.24

scotland: they have such great fighters, but they don't show them enough love.

Benny Lynch and Ken Buchannan come to mind.

Right after the semi-legendary Jimmy Wilde, those men are the best that the entire U.K. has produced. Some of the absolute best we've ever seen on film at their respective weights.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:44 AM #9
Mod a Phukka

Quoted: 3592 Post(s)
BattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 275,723.91
Total Points: 278,830.48
A man who has superior boxing knowledge & integrity. - Terry A ATG poster on BoxingScene - rorymac Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Have one on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER he was just lucky! - gingeralbino 
Merry Christmas Bat. I hope you and yours have a wonderful one. - deanrw Jeg giver en omgang - The Slaughter No Message - chiguy91 I like your unbiased RBRs! - dan_cov Cuz' I'm an old masochist <3 - Grand Champ 
Happy holidays buddy! - jazluvr "When I'm able to clap, I know she's ready for my dick." lmao - -jose- For being one of the true "boxing guys" in this place. - Cuauhtmoc1520 Merry Christmas BattlingNelson - TBear Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Happy holidays bud! - TBear Thx for the kind words.  Nice that some actually pay attention to what goes on around here. - Redd Foxx in lui of green - jazluvr Queer - denium Queer - denium 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Carnivore Childhood Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - peyk-peyk World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - peyk-peyk Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - nb_out_king 

I love passionate fans, and the brits are among the worlds most passionate. From the outside looking in, I love to see how they adore their fighter when he wins and it’s also quite good to see them when their fighter loses. It’s good to see how they generally applaud if their fighter loses in valiant fashion, and also how they disown him if he loses by quit. True original English sportsmanship.

I have myself been a fan of many danish fighters along with literally millions of others. It’s pretty cool to live in the hype bubble and share to collective sorrow when he loses. What’s not to like? Passionate fans is what makes the sport the greatest in the world.

Note: The above is purely nationalistic. Rooting for a fighter only because of the color of his skin is obviously despicable.
BattlingNelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends