Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 12-09-2019, 02:51 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
RayNguyen will become famous soon enough
Bank: 5,579.20
Total Points: 6,012.32
Smile What are the best parts of your body to condition?

I am off actual training that includes punching for a bit. What parts of my body should I focus on while on this short break? What parts do I need to train to prevent future injuries?
RayNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:28 PM #2
Contender

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
GelfSara is a splendid one to beholdGelfSara is a splendid one to beholdGelfSara is a splendid one to beholdGelfSara is a splendid one to beholdGelfSara is a splendid one to beholdGelfSara is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,296.09
Total Points: 13,035.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayNguyen View Post
I am off actual training that includes punching for a bit. What parts of my body should I focus on while on this short break? What parts do I need to train to prevent future injuries?
What weight division do you compete in?
GelfSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:54 PM #3
Amateur

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
taskgoal has a reputation beyond reputetaskgoal has a reputation beyond reputetaskgoal has a reputation beyond reputetaskgoal has a reputation beyond reputetaskgoal has a reputation beyond reputetaskgoal has a reputation beyond reputetaskgoal has a reputation beyond reputetaskgoal has a reputation beyond reputetaskgoal has a reputation beyond reputetaskgoal has a reputation beyond reputetaskgoal has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,387.98

To prevent future injuries, probably your core and alignment because almost all boxing movement involves the core.

For boxing in general, training the heart and lungs are always good (cardiovascular training).
taskgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:28 AM #4
Contender

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
RayNguyen will become famous soon enough
Bank: 5,579.20
Total Points: 6,012.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GelfSara View Post
What weight division do you compete in?
Aiming for USA Boxing Welter Weight
152 lbs 69Kg
RayNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:02 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2188 Post(s)
b morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond reputeb morph has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,497.79
Total Points: 54,742.05
Stick it in your a55 lolololol - Pretty Boy32 Upping them skills.  Good job, man. - anthonydavid11 Keep up the good fight fella - BrometheusBob. You're A OK in my book here. - anthonydavid11 Merry Christmas - TBear 

Always run. If you take just a couple of weeks off of running, you will notice the difference. You will just gas out quicker.

Core is always good. Probably second most important system to develop next to cardiovascular. You probably get enough of a shoulder/back/arm workout from regular training. Itís good to give those muscles a break.

Massage therapy is a good way to recover sore muscles I think. Talk to and develop a relationship with a massage therapist. Tell him/her what muscles bother you, and how you are feeling. This can get expensive though.
b morph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 01:10 PM #6
Contender

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
a.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond reputea.rihn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,302.85

Agreed about core and cardio. But consider working on wrists and forearms, too, to build up some extra meat on those. Same goes for neck and shoulders - keep them strong and limber.
a.rihn is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, conditioning, injury, training, young