No announcement yet.

The best "15 minutes of fame": Douglas, Rahman or Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
    Using your logic, Hagler is a better answer than Spinks.

He basically ‘tucked tail and quit the business, went into hiding for over a decade’ by moving to Italy and doing movies.
    Hagler wasn't blown out in dominant, embarrassing fashion like the others we're talking about.

Comment

Beating Lewis and AJ was nice but neither of them will ever have the rep Tyson had (as unearned as it was).

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!.. View Post
        Ruiz story isnt over yet,,,,, I say before it all said and done he racks out another 10 million out the sport, and possibly gets his hands on the title again unless wilder manages to get them before then.
        Ruiz is done.
        He will pick up another loss before he comes close to another title shot.
        I doubt he makes 1mil in his next fight.

Comment

Buster Douglas made an appearance on the WWF (WWE). So better.

Comment

Buster is the posterboy for the zero to hero back to zero guy. I also think he had the most fun from winning his belt to losing his belt. He was just doing interviews, f#cking hoes & eating for 8 months. I feel like Rahman & Ruiz had much more lackluster levels of attention & debauchery.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              If I recall correctly, Douglas got his own video game after that. Neither Rahman nor Ruiz got nearly the same level of attention. Not even close.
              Haha yeah that was pushed back to the cobwebbed corner of my brain but yeah Buster even got a f#cking video game off of that W which sounds crazy now but that's just how huge that was in that day that beating Mike was so nuts they were like "f#ck it let's make Buster Boxing".

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Hagler wasn't blown out in dominant, embarrassing fashion like the others we're talking about.
                But he was the #1 ranked P4P fighter in the world and a 3-1 betting favorite who lost to a guy coming off a one fight in about 3 years layoff AND one who had never fought at the weight.

By your logic, simply losing under those circumstances, while being ‘embarrassred’ by being shoe shined, bolo punched and ‘styled on’ by the smaller fighter (and then subsequently ‘tucking tail’) makes him the bigger ‘hero to zero’.

Comment

Originally posted by M Bison View Post
                  Ruiz 15 minutes of fame made him tens of millions of dollars, I would say Ruiz wins this one quite easily.
                  Douglas made $24 million for the Holyfield fight... in 1990. What's the equivalent to that in today's dollars.

I think Buster's the ultimate.

He made an absolute fortune, he wasn't given a hope such was Tyson's reputation, and you couldn't possibly put it down to one punch. He was just exceptional that night.

And his eating was on a par with Andy's.

Comment

Ruiz made more money than both. He wins

Comment

Ruiz is a fat, useless bum.

Yet made millions of dollars, appeared on all the big American talk shows, the JR podcast etc.

I think he's done very well considering.

Comment

Working...
                      X