Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 12-08-2019, 07:59 AM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 539 Post(s)
TheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,614.14
Total Points: 21,959.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax teller View Post
He fought the fight that most Wilder fans were saying he couldn't.

AJ's best and most common style is smashing guys on the inside with combos something Wilder can't do and Fury might not be able to avoid.
And i donít know which wilder fan would say he couldnít, heís an Olympic champ and itís an amateur style. He did what he had to but that wonít translate against elites.
TheUptownKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:17 PM #32
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6783 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,644.73
Total Points: 326,376.78
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 
I believe that's a Pabst - CauliflowerEars No Message - Marchegiano 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Wilder moves back in straight lines and throws the same predictable 1 2 all night that's why even the poor competitors win the rounds.

That's why Fury was making him miss pretty much all night

That right hand is just devestatimg and against the short guys he keeps his distance until it lands.

Andy Ruiz gave AJ trouble because when he's hurt he throws a hundred punched all in a second, Wilder just shells up and tries to survive when he's hurt and isn't capable of throwing these combos.

Wilder wins if he pressures AJ, if he waits AJ will get him and finish him.
Wilder is a pure puncher. Its a numbers game in many respects for such a fighter. A great analogy would be Bill Parcels the giants football coach. Parcels would seek to manage the clock compulsively. He wanted to hold the ball a certain amount of time during the game, and knew likely outcomes based on possessing the ball, and any other way of controlling the clock.

With a puncher his game is predicated on throwing a certain amount of punches, within a match. Whether it is Dempsey, Liston, Tyson or Wilder, a puncher knows that if he gets a certain amount of opportunities he will succeed. Wilder is getting smart that way.

For example he understood that WHEN he gets an opportunity does not matter so much as IF. Ortiz could win rounds, but if Wilder got the right amount of cracks at Ortiz, game over. Whether he went back and fourth and hit Ortiz with 5 good shots, or he hit Ortiz with those 5 shots in one round was, in a sense immaterial to Wilder... As long as he got the right amount of opportunities.

Shannon Briggs demonstrated this when he knocked the Eastern Euro fighter out years back...in the last 20 seconds of the fight!

So really for Wilder there is not much pressure. He will not try to counter AJ, will not have to worry about a game of jabs, because he has good reach and a decent jab...Remember also that having a great jab is an asset but sometimes a good jab used intelligently can be better than a great jab that can not be used.

AJ has to worry about avoiding Wilder, while Wilder can just bide his time and find AJ whenever it suites him. AJ could survive but if wilder catches him right AJ does not have the chin to stand in there.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:42 PM #33
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 998 Post(s)
HeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 281,369.79
Total Points: 290,340.02
Actually made me laugh. Thanks for crackin me up - CauliflowerEars Thanks for the kind words - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
Wilder is a pure puncher. Its a numbers game in many respects for such a fighter. A great analogy would be Bill Parcels the giants football coach. Parcels would seek to manage the clock compulsively. He wanted to hold the ball a certain amount of time during the game, and knew likely outcomes based on possessing the ball, and any other way of controlling the clock.

With a puncher his game is predicated on throwing a certain amount of punches, within a match. Whether it is Dempsey, Liston, Tyson or Wilder, a puncher knows that if he gets a certain amount of opportunities he will succeed. Wilder is getting smart that way.

For example he understood that WHEN he gets an opportunity does not matter so much as IF. Ortiz could win rounds, but if Wilder got the right amount of cracks at Ortiz, game over. Whether he went back and fourth and hit Ortiz with 5 good shots, or he hit Ortiz with those 5 shots in one round was, in a sense immaterial to Wilder... As long as he got the right amount of opportunities.

Shannon Briggs demonstrated this when he knocked the Eastern Euro fighter out years back...in the last 20 seconds of the fight!

So really for Wilder there is not much pressure. He will not try to counter AJ, will not have to worry about a game of jabs, because he has good reach and a decent jab...Remember also that having a great jab is an asset but sometimes a good jab used intelligently can be better than a great jab that can not be used.

AJ has to worry about avoiding Wilder, while Wilder can just bide his time and find AJ whenever it suites him. AJ could survive but if wilder catches him right AJ does not have the chin to stand in there.
Nice post, I always enjoy reading what you have to say. I think you're right in that Wilder's power is an equaliser for pretty much anything AJ can bring to the table. I still think it's possible that AJ could formulate and perform a good gameplan to beat Wilder, though I can't visualise what it looks like. I guess I'm banking on the adaptability that AJ has shown in the Ruiz rematch
HeadBodyBodyBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:06 PM #34
The Truth Hurts

Quoted: 5691 Post(s)
sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,553.99
Total Points: 147,995.46
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - CTC JOHNNY CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

DONE with the Speculating and Assuming...Push all of them to fight each other instead of Fans acting like Groupies and being OK with guys not fighting each other and making excuses for them not fighting each other

Make the F#CKING FIGHTS! No reason why AJ shouldn't fight the winner of Wilder vs Fury II I don't care about your conspiracies and what happened previously and who didn't accept what in the past. Comeback to the table and work something out

It is A LOT of Fans who prefer to play things safe and don't want their favorite fighters in any danger so they get on the Internet and they just bash other fighters and talking about everything else besides their favorite fighter putting it all on the Line and fighting the very best

I would much rather SEE these fights instead of going back and forth in threads like this because it is SAFE
sicko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:15 PM #35
Undisputed Champion

billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
Nice post, I always enjoy reading what you have to say. I think you're right in that Wilder's power is an equaliser for pretty much anything AJ can bring to the table. I still think it's possible that AJ could formulate and perform a good gameplan to beat Wilder, though I can't visualise what it looks like. I guess I'm banking on the adaptability that AJ has shown in the Ruiz rematch
Thank You. A lot of what AJ has to do is grow comfortable using different techniques. when he comes in at a proper weight, like he did saturday, he ha decent mobility, his jab has been improving as well. The problem with wilder, is aside from Fury, who did make life uncomfortable for Wilder, nobody has given Wilder any reason not to think that he can fire at will.

I watched the Ortiz fight with no volume and Ortiz may have won the rounds, but he never did anything to Wilder that fight that caused pain to stop Wilder from throwing punches at will. Wilder was banged up by Ortiz the first fight, but in his mind he weathered that and again, it never stopped him from punching.

If I put myself in Wilder's shoes... fighting anyone, not just AJ.... I know that when I punch I will not get caught midpunch by a sharp counter, unless I am fighting Fury, I will not be punished if I stray off balance a bit, or have to reset to punch... So basically, with the exception of Fury, i can eat donuts, eat an occasional blow now and then, and decide when I want to attack. Fury has real skills and can do many things, and Ruiz could be very dangerous to Wilder if he gets his s h i t together and loses weight, because Ruiz can pressure Wilder and cause him to make a mistake.

AJ cannot really counter punch, I have never seen him do so, his jab will not be as effective given Wilder's commensurate reach, he cannot pressure Wilder, and he has to be careful because he is fighting a very confident puncher who does not need to win rounds. I also do not think AJ has the best chin, he has been down in two of his fights.

Now, having said the above, I don't disagree with you, rather, this is the starting point AJ has to have...taking a sober look at what he can and cannot do at the moment. Its quite a bit to overcome! If I were his team I would have him develop more skills, and he would Have to find a way to get Wilder to respect him... I honestly don't know how he could do that yet.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:19 PM #36
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 8193 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 500,057.19
Total Points: 536,140.10
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Ok, so if he fought the way he did last night then he really has a better chance at beating both.

Wilder he can actually outbox doing what he did last night, as long as he doesnít get hit with that monster of a right hand.

With Fury he cannot outbox a boxer, so he would need to push on a bit and try and land his right hand. Depending on where the fight happens, I could see him getting the W just because Fury doesnít really look to stop you like Wilder would.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:23 PM #37
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1592 Post(s)
Jax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,970.54
Total Points: 63,061.98
Brainwashed Eddie Hearn follower - gjku Eddie's sheep, baah, baah lol - gjku 

Quote:

AJs a decent knockout artist as well, ko power in both hands. Wilders got more to worry about with AJ than just being outboxed for 12. If he doesn't counter or pressure AJ, he isn't going to fare well because he'll get smothered with a combo and knocked out. He hasn't got 12 to wait against AJ.

That fight is a race to the KO.
Jax teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 12:55 AM #38
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
AJs a decent knockout artist as well, ko power in both hands. Wilders got more to worry about with AJ than just being outboxed for 12. If he doesn't counter or pressure AJ, he isn't going to fare well because he'll get smothered with a combo and knocked out. He hasn't got 12 to wait against AJ.

That fight is a race to the KO.
Aj has the talent to do so but does he have the psychology to do so? Im not going to go so far as to say he was tentative against Ruiz...if you can beat a man with a jab, why risk engaging? It would be interesting to see AJ go after Wilder.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:03 PM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6817 Post(s)
juggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,622.21
Total Points: 87,401.67
Wlad is going to rip Fury and Fury's ego apart - Krusher P4P #1 For your tears :) - motivational Dunce - denium Dunce - denium Dunce - denium 
Bellend - denium Bellend - denium something to suck and bounce on - HughJass No Message - anthonydavid11 gAy J LOL - ^lll 
Autism - Marchegiano 

Quote:
Thank You. A lot of what AJ has to do is grow comfortable using different techniques. when he comes in at a proper weight, like he did saturday, he ha decent mobility, his jab has been improving as well. The problem with wilder, is aside from Fury, who did make life uncomfortable for Wilder, nobody has given Wilder any reason not to think that he can fire at will.

I watched the Ortiz fight with no volume and Ortiz may have won the rounds, but he never did anything to Wilder that fight that caused pain to stop Wilder from throwing punches at will. Wilder was banged up by Ortiz the first fight, but in his mind he weathered that and again, it never stopped him from punching.

If I put myself in Wilder's shoes... fighting anyone, not just AJ.... I know that when I punch I will not get caught midpunch by a sharp counter, unless I am fighting Fury, I will not be punished if I stray off balance a bit, or have to reset to punch... So basically, with the exception of Fury, i can eat donuts, eat an occasional blow now and then, and decide when I want to attack. Fury has real skills and can do many things, and Ruiz could be very dangerous to Wilder if he gets his s h i t together and loses weight, because Ruiz can pressure Wilder and cause him to make a mistake.

AJ cannot really counter punch, I have never seen him do so, his jab will not be as effective given Wilder's commensurate reach, he cannot pressure Wilder, and he has to be careful because he is fighting a very confident puncher who does not need to win rounds. I also do not think AJ has the best chin, he has been down in two of his fights.

Now, having said the above, I don't disagree with you, rather, this is the starting point AJ has to have...taking a sober look at what he can and cannot do at the moment. Its quite a bit to overcome! If I were his team I would have him develop more skills, and he would Have to find a way to get Wilder to respect him... I honestly don't know how he could do that yet.
Joshua is a catch counter fighter ,he certainly is a counter puncher and a volume puncher usually if his opponents are still there , Wilder cannot trade while being thrown at ,this will make it difficult to survive Joshua ,all it takes is one stumble and Joshua would be all over him and not worry about anything coming back . I said theres no way id pick Ruiz over Joshua ,this is the same here ,its actually an easier fight for Joshua /

1.He fights tall guys better

2.Hes highly intelligent so him losing on one big shot is remote. It takes a lot to stop him and its volume and set ups that would work .Wilder doesn't have this and Joshua would shut him down here.

3. Wilder is not an active jabber and cant jab with jabbers not even against a Washington, he would definatley get pressured by the front foot pressure fighter. Joshua.

4. Not Winning rounds would severly hurt Wilder here, one ...it would force him to actually thropw punches which Joshua could counter even more and two ,it doesn't really come into play ,odds are Joshua lands first and keeps landing which suggests he would win by knockout bf mid rounds and not play the points guy.

5. Joshua unlike fury is the guy landing very hard direct shots that do damage ,and a better fighter always stays in range to hit back while not getting hit.

Theres a reason why 100 million didn't get this fight done and its because im 100% it ends in a Joshua K.O win. I have doubts it ever happens and the Fury vs wilder fight is still 50/50 .

In the end people are ignoring whats coming to Wilder he himself has to worry how he will be hit and trust me he would be. Hes a loss waiting to happen and Fury should be the WBC champion now if we are really using boxing scoring system.
juggernaut666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends