Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2019, 03:33 AM #31
Young Bidness Young Bidness is online now
PBC on LEAN!
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 10,272
Quoted: 5727 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness Young Bidness
Points: 343,075.62
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 343,075.62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintpat View Post
Please read what I said ó U.S. market

Dazn may have a great future globally, but it will not in the USA based on boxing. It needs major pro sports leagues and college conference deals or itís dead.
You are very naive. Again, DAZN got outbid a couple hundred million to BT for the Champions League. Research how much BT won it for. You think DAZN doesnít have that type of money next year or the next considering how it continues to grow? You must have missed the part where I wrote theyíll continue buying rights for other sports. Thatís how you grow a fan base.

IF you want to watch quality fighters or some considered ďthe face,Ē that purchasing app prestige exists in consumerism! Itís as simple as that. Shet nobody worried about NFL or NBA. Those rights will come in time, the focus is boxing.

DAZN will be the premier Boxing platform in the future. The ONLY way to do that is to secure the FACES of boxing on it. Thereís no telling what other boxers from different platforms will go after they finish with PBC or ESPN+. Haney and Ryan Garcia are future examples where new gen will want to showcase their talents on the same platform.

DAZN skeptics always like to bring up non boxing sports to somehow prove longevity in the now. Lol. It just barely started... whatís the title of the thread? You canít be skeptic without optimism if metrics show progression. Letís not play stupid. Hate goes a long way
Young Bidness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:33 PM #32
Inspired Inspired is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 499
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1
Inspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to all
Points: 13,376.89
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,376.89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintpat View Post
Please read what I said ó U.S. market

Dazn may have a great future globally, but it will not in the USA based on boxing. It needs major pro sports leagues and college conference deals or itís dead.
You probably don't understand how boxing in the US can become a centre stage for an international audience..like the EPL is.
When that money comes in, they'll be better placed to buy the rights to other US sports.
Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:48 PM #33
saintpat saintpat is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,240
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
saintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,872.81
Bank: 6,754.63
Total Points: 25,627.44
excellent poster - ^lll 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
You probably don't understand how boxing in the US can become a centre stage for an international audience..like the EPL is.
When that money comes in, they'll be better placed to buy the rights to other US sports.
LOL.

They are not making money in the U.S. on their boxing package.
saintpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:10 PM #34
LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,660
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Rep Power: 26
LA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 23,015.81
Bank: 1,520.37
Total Points: 24,536.18
I wish I could just get up off the couch and go 12. - Just Now Hit Me Wash that oven-fresh gooey cookie down with a piping hot cup of joe. - Just Now Hit Me 
Default

Not sure it was just me, and I know not many people saw this card as it was going up against the Wilder PPV...but their last card with Cancio on it. The production looked to have taken a step up, the video quality was very good... looked like HBO Boxing. (maybe because no grey ring? ) IDK but it looked better.

The use of that overhead, hovering camera was also more measured, too. I don't like that view for long periods of time

Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-30-2019 at 06:13 PM.
LA_2_Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:27 PM #35
Inspired Inspired is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 499
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Rep Power: 1
Inspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to all
Points: 13,376.89
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,376.89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintpat View Post
LOL.

They are not making money in the U.S. on their boxing package.
you dont even have the right to 'lol' here, you're out of your depth and have a poor understanding of the international market.

"You probably don't understand how boxing in the US can become a centre stage for an international audience..like the EPL is.
When that money comes in, they'll be better placed to buy the rights to other US sports."

it's like this
you have the EPL, but England is a relatively small country. 100m views in the UK per season, yet it generates 3.2 billion views globally per season.

/derp

please, don't think like an ignorant american. think bigger.

the epl is just a product.
england is not the central market, it's the stage.

When people think boxing, they still think of MSG, Vegas. There's so much growth in boxing but it will take time to gradually grow it.



Btw, did you not even know what dazn's parent company/owners perform, only got into boxing when sports betting was legalised?
you realise, they profit off selling sports data to the betting industry?
you realise, they are making money you didnt even know existed?

don't make assumptions about what they're making/losing.

i'm a manchester united fan. this club was brought out by the Glazer family in 2005. They're jewish americans. They purchased the club on a mortgage...and 14 yrs on are still going strong. The clubs value was £750m or so...now it's £3billion.
you're thinking too short term.
Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:46 AM #36
saintpat saintpat is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,240
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
saintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,872.81
Bank: 6,754.63
Total Points: 25,627.44
excellent poster - ^lll 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
you dont even have the right to 'lol' here, you're out of your depth and have a poor understanding of the international market.

"You probably don't understand how boxing in the US can become a centre stage for an international audience..like the EPL is.
When that money comes in, they'll be better placed to buy the rights to other US sports."

it's like this
you have the EPL, but England is a relatively small country. 100m views in the UK per season, yet it generates 3.2 billion views globally per season.

/derp

please, don't think like an ignorant american. think bigger.

the epl is just a product.
england is not the central market, it's the stage.

When people think boxing, they still think of MSG, Vegas. There's so much growth in boxing but it will take time to gradually grow it.



Btw, did you not even know what dazn's parent company/owners perform, only got into boxing when sports betting was legalised?
you realise, they profit off selling sports data to the betting industry?
you realise, they are making money you didnt even know existed?

don't make assumptions about what they're making/losing.

i'm a manchester united fan. this club was brought out by the Glazer family in 2005. They're jewish americans. They purchased the club on a mortgage...and 14 yrs on are still going strong. The clubs value was £750m or so...now it's £3billion.
you're thinking too short term.
What does EPL have to do with DAZN in the USA? Iíll give you a hint: nothing. NBC owns TV and streaming rights in the United States.

Dazn will not make it big in America, and may not make it at all, on boxing. They have to get pro football, basketball, baseball and/or hockey and maybe also major college football and basketball.

Iím not talking about their global plan. Iím talking about the U.S. market, which happens to be the most lucrative.

But until they outbid ESPN and the TV networks for those things, theyíre a fringe, niche things for people (like us) who follow boxing and MMA junkies who want to watch the B League (Belator) and maybe the odd expat Brit who wants his darts and lawn bowling.

I donít know how to take this discussion further because I am talking about Dazn in the USA only. I donít care how they do in Indonesia or Antarctica or anywhere else.
saintpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:49 AM #37
Robbie Barrett Robbie Barrett is offline
Boxing
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 33,753
Quoted: 24499 Post(s)
Rep Power: 77
Robbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 51,771.15
Bank: 353,621.11
Total Points: 405,392.26
Good poster - Have a drink - arraamis Keep owning these trolls! - JK1700 Great point, man - Tony Trick-Pony 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintpat View Post
What does EPL have to do with DAZN in the USA? Iíll give you a hint: nothing. NBC owns TV and streaming rights in the United States.

Dazn will not make it big in America, and may not make it at all, on boxing. They have to get pro football, basketball, baseball and/or hockey and maybe also major college football and basketball.

Iím not talking about their global plan. Iím talking about the U.S. market, which happens to be the most lucrative.

But until they outbid ESPN and the TV networks for those things, theyíre a fringe, niche things for people (like us) who follow boxing and MMA junkies who want to watch the B League (Belator) and maybe the odd expat Brit who wants his darts and lawn bowling.

I donít know how to take this discussion further because I am talking about Dazn in the USA only. I donít care how they do in Indonesia or Antarctica or anywhere else.
The more viewers they get globally the more money they will have to bid on those rights. That's what people are trying to tell you moron.
Robbie Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:08 AM #38
Real King Kong Real King Kong is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,113
Quoted: 5488 Post(s)
Rep Power: 31
Real King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 65,754.32
Bank: 1,497.79
Total Points: 67,252.11
No Message - Tha_Greatest So true... - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder Consistently great posting. - Boy Jones Jr. 
Default

Dazn is successful worldwide...haters who predicted it would fail: ďbut the US market doeĒ...
Real King Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:41 AM #39
saintpat saintpat is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,240
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
saintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond reputesaintpat has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,872.81
Bank: 6,754.63
Total Points: 25,627.44
excellent poster - ^lll 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
The more viewers they get globally the more money they will have to bid on those rights. That's what people are trying to tell you moron.
They havenít lacked for money. They also havenít won any contracts for those rights in the U.S.

They also have to pay for the rights to the various programming to attract those global viewers, and likely will have to overpay to win bids for the things that matter.

So you can speculate that this is their model but their model in the U.S. so far has been boxing, and thatís not going to move the needle.

The theory that theyíre going to be able to afford those rights and win those bidding wars is just that ó a theory.

And if itís correct, the en****** that already hold those rights are way ahead of the game because theyíve been reaping those reward, thus have that money to spend it keep them.
saintpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:20 AM #40
muslimer12 muslimer12 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,056
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
muslimer12 has a reputation beyond reputemuslimer12 has a reputation beyond reputemuslimer12 has a reputation beyond reputemuslimer12 has a reputation beyond reputemuslimer12 has a reputation beyond reputemuslimer12 has a reputation beyond reputemuslimer12 has a reputation beyond reputemuslimer12 has a reputation beyond reputemuslimer12 has a reputation beyond reputemuslimer12 has a reputation beyond reputemuslimer12 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 13,235.34
Bank: 1,497.57
Total Points: 14,732.91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafkod View Post
Are you missing a sense of humour?
No I knew it was a joke just a bad one looooool
muslimer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.