Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN now 8Million Subs Worldwide, DOUBLES in 6 Months, AJ Ruiz READY!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
    Please read what I said — U.S. market

Dazn may have a great future globally, but it will not in the USA based on boxing. It needs major pro sports leagues and college conference deals or it’s dead.
    You are very naive. Again, DAZN got outbid a couple hundred million to BT for the Champions League. Research how much BT won it for. You think DAZN doesn’t have that type of money next year or the next considering how it continues to grow? You must have missed the part where I wrote they’ll continue buying rights for other sports. That’s how you grow a fan base.

IF you want to watch quality fighters or some considered “the face,” that purchasing app prestige exists in consumerism! It’s as simple as that. Shet nobody worried about NFL or NBA. Those rights will come in time, the focus is boxing.

DAZN will be the premier Boxing platform in the future. The ONLY way to do that is to secure the FACES of boxing on it. There’s no telling what other boxers from different platforms will go after they finish with PBC or ESPN+. Haney and Ryan Garcia are future examples where new gen will want to showcase their talents on the same platform.

DAZN skeptics always like to bring up non boxing sports to somehow prove longevity in the now. Lol. It just barely started... what’s the title of the thread? You can’t be skeptic without optimism if metrics show progression. Let’s not play stupid. Hate goes a long way

Comment

Please read what I said — U.S. market

Dazn may have a great future globally, but it will not in the USA based on boxing. It needs major pro sports leagues and college conference deals or it’s dead.
      You probably don't understand how boxing in the US can become a centre stage for an international audience..like the EPL is.
      When that money comes in, they'll be better placed to buy the rights to other US sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
        You probably don't understand how boxing in the US can become a centre stage for an international audience..like the EPL is.
        When that money comes in, they'll be better placed to buy the rights to other US sports.
        LOL.

They are not making money in the U.S. on their boxing package.

Comment

Not sure it was just me, and I know not many people saw this card as it was going up against the Wilder PPV...but their last card with Cancio on it. The production looked to have taken a step up, the video quality was very good... looked like HBO Boxing. (maybe because no grey ring? ) IDK but it looked better.

The use of that overhead, hovering camera was also more measured, too. I don't like that view for long periods of time
          Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-30-2019, 05:13 PM.

Comment

LOL.

They are not making money in the U.S. on their boxing package.
            you dont even have the right to 'lol' here, you're out of your depth and have a poor understanding of the international market.

"You probably don't understand how boxing in the US can become a centre stage for an international audience..like the EPL is.
            When that money comes in, they'll be better placed to buy the rights to other US sports."

it's like this
            you have the EPL, but England is a relatively small country. 100m views in the UK per season, yet it generates 3.2 billion views globally per season.

/derp

please, don't think like an ignorant american. think bigger.

the epl is just a product.
            england is not the central market, it's the stage.

When people think boxing, they still think of MSG, Vegas. There's so much growth in boxing but it will take time to gradually grow it.

Btw, did you not even know what dazn's parent company/owners perform, only got into boxing when sports betting was legalised?
            you realise, they profit off selling sports data to the betting industry?
            you realise, they are making money you didnt even know existed?

don't make assumptions about what they're making/losing.

i'm a manchester united fan. this club was brought out by the Glazer family in 2005. They're jewish americans. They purchased the club on a mortgage...and 14 yrs on are still going strong. The clubs value was £750m or so...now it's £3billion.
            you're thinking too short term.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
              you dont even have the right to 'lol' here, you're out of your depth and have a poor understanding of the international market.

"You probably don't understand how boxing in the US can become a centre stage for an international audience..like the EPL is.
              When that money comes in, they'll be better placed to buy the rights to other US sports."

it's like this
              you have the EPL, but England is a relatively small country. 100m views in the UK per season, yet it generates 3.2 billion views globally per season.

/derp

please, don't think like an ignorant american. think bigger.

the epl is just a product.
              england is not the central market, it's the stage.

When people think boxing, they still think of MSG, Vegas. There's so much growth in boxing but it will take time to gradually grow it.

Btw, did you not even know what dazn's parent company/owners perform, only got into boxing when sports betting was legalised?
              you realise, they profit off selling sports data to the betting industry?
              you realise, they are making money you didnt even know existed?

don't make assumptions about what they're making/losing.

i'm a manchester united fan. this club was brought out by the Glazer family in 2005. They're jewish americans. They purchased the club on a mortgage...and 14 yrs on are still going strong. The clubs value was £750m or so...now it's £3billion.
              you're thinking too short term.
              What does EPL have to do with DAZN in the USA? I’ll give you a hint: nothing. NBC owns TV and streaming rights in the United States.

Dazn will not make it big in America, and may not make it at all, on boxing. They have to get pro football, basketball, baseball and/or hockey and maybe also major college football and basketball.

I’m not talking about their global plan. I’m talking about the U.S. market, which happens to be the most lucrative.

But until they outbid ESPN and the TV networks for those things, they’re a fringe, niche things for people (like us) who follow boxing and MMA junkies who want to watch the B League (Belator) and maybe the odd expat Brit who wants his darts and lawn bowling.

I don’t know how to take this discussion further because I am talking about Dazn in the USA only. I don’t care how they do in Indonesia or Antarctica or anywhere else.

Comment

What does EPL have to do with DAZN in the USA? I’ll give you a hint: nothing. NBC owns TV and streaming rights in the United States.

Dazn will not make it big in America, and may not make it at all, on boxing. They have to get pro football, basketball, baseball and/or hockey and maybe also major college football and basketball.

I’m not talking about their global plan. I’m talking about the U.S. market, which happens to be the most lucrative.

But until they outbid ESPN and the TV networks for those things, they’re a fringe, niche things for people (like us) who follow boxing and MMA junkies who want to watch the B League (Belator) and maybe the odd expat Brit who wants his darts and lawn bowling.

I don’t know how to take this discussion further because I am talking about Dazn in the USA only. I don’t care how they do in Indonesia or Antarctica or anywhere else.
                The more viewers they get globally the more money they will have to bid on those rights. That's what people are trying to tell you moron.

Comment

Dazn is successful worldwide...haters who predicted it would fail: “but the US market doe”...

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    The more viewers they get globally the more money they will have to bid on those rights. That's what people are trying to tell you moron.
                    They haven’t lacked for money. They also haven’t won any contracts for those rights in the U.S.

They also have to pay for the rights to the various programming to attract those global viewers, and likely will have to overpay to win bids for the things that matter.

So you can speculate that this is their model but their model in the U.S. so far has been boxing, and that’s not going to move the needle.

The theory that they’re going to be able to afford those rights and win those bidding wars is just that — a theory.

And if it’s correct, the en****** that already hold those rights are way ahead of the game because they’ve been reaping those reward, thus have that money to spend it keep them.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Are you missing a sense of humour?
                      No I knew it was a joke just a bad one looooool

Comment

Working...
                      X