Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ten Most Popular Sports in the USA. Guess what's missing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    this sport is just a joke. look at all these networks fighting each other. look at all these "champs" not fighting each other. look at all the confirmed drug cheats getting praised and called #1 instead of being banned. UFC made boxing look like a chump recently. the world laughs at boxing. no surprise. boxing is a pseudo quasi niche sport right now.
    This.

What’s worse is fans are even supporting it lmao.
    You here guys say “we good here at pbc... boohooo you don’t have anyone else to fight in your stable”
    Fans celebrating the network wars and downfalls...
    Many are even happy hbo was gone lol when they were the best story tellers and star creators

Boxing really has so much potential... it’s really beautiful sad it turned out this way

In the 90s when there was no social media to promote fights better they even make million ppvs..

Comment

The NHL is not the 4th most popular sport in the US not even close. College football and Basketball blow it away. Tennis, Golf, Motor Sports (hell just Nascar) all do much better ratings. Soccer as a whole is more popular (MLS not as popular but throw in Premier league, World Cup, National Team).

And I will even say Boxing is about level if not more popular. Random PBC on Fox or ESPN card will do bigger ratings than random regular-season NHL games. Mega fights will do around the same viewers as Stanely Cup Finals with much more in revenue. And at this point the collective TV contracts of PBC, Top Rank, GBP is bigger than the NHL NBC deal.

Comment

This list is based on how many people actually play the sport. Of course nobody is going to play boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
          In the 90s when there was no social media to promote fights better they even make million ppvs..
          Crazy isn't it?

Comment

what metrics are they even going by to determine this? Viewership ratings? merch sales? live gates?

because I'm pretty sure Mayweather/pac/mcgregor is still the event with the highest buys/viewership to date not withstanding super bowl or world cup...

Comment

Yeah, I was with them until they said badminton.

That sport doesn't even come on deep cable channels, yet it's more popular than boxing?

I'd probably put boxing in the lower half of the top 10, which is why I'm always telling people talking about American's "hyping" a fighter is non-existent.

Other than Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo, & maybe now Wilder, most Americans don't even know who's boxing anymore. It's not even a thing the way the NFL/NBA/MLB are.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                Even badminton made the list!

This sport needs to get its **** together...

https://sportsshow.net/most-popular-sports-in-america/

Mayweather ruined it with his facade of “50-0”.

Serafim whooped his arse anyways.

Comment

Working...
                X