Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia to Face Sergey Lipinets February 10 in San Antonio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by minemax View Post
    You got it all wrong! It was Rigo who wanted to fight Loma initially, not vice versa.
    Loma never wanted to fight Crawford (because of the weight). Loma always said in interviews that Terrance is #1 p4p.

Rigondeaux was desperate (and maybe stupid) to seek a fight with Loma. But Crawford, for example, doesn't seek a fight with GGG, and Loma shouldn't fight at 140 at all! At least now (maybe later at the end of Lomachenko's career).
    We are talking about Garcia not Crawford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      We are talking about Garcia not Crawford.
      I guess that's why you mentioned Lomachenko's name in the first place.

But, ok, let's talk Garcia. Has he fought all the best fighters at 135? No. Did he move up to 140 when Crawford was there? No.

Nevertheless... Maybe indeed he has just moved to 140 because of natural reasons (not able to make weight at LW) or some other objective reasons (promoters, money, TV networks, etc.).

Comment

• Tell that cherry picking Garcia to fight Regis Prograis at 140

I swear I am tired of watching bull**** fights. Garcia stay cherry picking. These are one-dimensional fighters that don't stand much of a chance. Garcia's team have down their research. They know that Lipinets has a small chance. All of these bums at 140 including Broner..Garcia..Viktor Postol or Lomachenko will get destroyed by Regis "Rougarou" Prograis. They duckin this dude left and right. Only true boxing enthusiasts know about Prograis...but all the boxers including Garcia know who he is. After Garcia beat a gun-shy Broner....a report asked him would he be willing to fight Regis Prograis. Garcia started stuttering and turned white. LOL. Then his team said "well that's not the direction we are going at this time" What kinda of ***** moves are that. Prograis has called out EVERYBODY. No one is seeing this dude at 140. Sharp as ****...crafty southpaw that has that attitude of a young Mike Tyson. He wants to tear dudes heads off. Plus he has one of the best jabs I have ever seen. For those who haven't heard the Rougarou is coming. A fight between him and Viktor Postol has been ordered and they are working out the details. I am taking ALL bets on Prograis against ANYBODY at 140pds.

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
          You got your facts wrong.There WAS NO DEAL for future fights.And BOTH Mikey and his brother said it was a good deal.GB asked for future fights when they offered him Cotto but NOT Linares.And are you sayin Lip is bigger name then Linares?Mikey is cherry picking titles there is no other way to spin this sry.It also ended any chance for Loma fight.IF Mikey wanted to win title at 140 he could have had a shot at them all right after broner fight with Crawford.Its a duck and defending it just makes it all thay much easier for next guy.Btw I like Mikey but the truth is the truth.If this is the way he is gonna run the rest of his career I don't care to see him anymore.
          GB wanted 50/50. Linares barely makes 250k a fight and did 2k at the Forum for his last fight. GB has him travel to the UK for fights. That says a lot about his worth, but yet GB is asking for a 50/50 split instead of options on Mikey. You think it's that easy to make fights, Arum isn't going to make no fights with Mikey just over night, not going to happen. As for Loma, you have a problem with Mikey supposedly cherry picking titles, Loma has yet to beat one true champ. He won a vacant title against an unproven Russell and a title against the weakest champ in Martinez. And I guarantee you that he will fight Beltran for the WBO title in a few fights. It your choice who you want to see, but its easy to go by what you hear from the media instead of what really is going on to negotiate the fight.

Comment

• Wow I thought Garcia was going to stay at 135. This will be a grueling fight.

I still want to see him fight Easter. He's probly on his way to 140 too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
              Loma called Mikey out directly and Mikey said on Esnews he would fight him in the fall after they each have a fight in the spring, and now Mikey is fighting for the belt at 140? This guy is a fraud, you can believe his bs all you want that just makes you a fool. When Pacquiao was getting old and towards the end of his career and fighting Rios, Algieri, Bradley 3, Vargas, Jeff Horn you guys ripped Pacquiao apart and now heres prime Mikey Garcia who is supposedly p4p and is supposedly the best fighter and hes talking real tough saying he wants Linares and Cotto and Easter Jr. And even Crawford and Loma and instead hes fighting Zlaticanin and Lipinets and you guys support it and make excuses for him, it boggles my mind people can blindly follow whatever their favorite fighters say instead of objectively looking at everything and making your own mind up based on the facts and the fighters actions. Mikey Garcia is the biggest fraud in boxing
              Loma said he would fight Mikey after his first fight this year. Mikey said if he wants the fight than he should move up and take on other 135 pounders to acclimate to the weight and to see if he's serious. Loma could have moved up and fought Beltran or some other fighter but he didn't, he chose to fight fighters from a lower division for his last two fights. Loma himself has said that he won't fight Mikey as his first 135 fight. You actually believe that its easy to make a fight. Mikey isn't going to sign over options or take less money from a promoter just to make a fight knowing his worth. Lets see, GB wanted options for the Cotto Linares fights. Mikey says no, then GB says no options but wants a 50/50 split with Linares. Linares is no draw to be asking for 50/50. As for Easter, he wanted more money than was offered to fight Mikey. Arum is going to ask for a lot to make Mikey/Loma as well. Mikey would have fought Linares on Showtime but GB was a problem. GB has no problem letting Linares fight on shows not promoted by them and having to fight overseas, because they know Linares brings in no money for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by minemax View Post
                I guess that's why you mentioned Lomachenko's name in the first place.

But, ok, let's talk Garcia. Has he fought all the best fighters at 135? No. Did he move up to 140 when Crawford was there? No.

Nevertheless... Maybe indeed he has just moved to 140 because of natural reasons (not able to make weight at LW) or some other objective reasons (promoters, money, TV networks, etc.).
                You sure do cry a lot... And you don't even know what your talking about. You sound like a chick who has no clue talking about Boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  Loma said he would fight Mikey after his first fight this year. Mikey said if he wants the fight than he should move up and take on other 135 pounders to acclimate to the weight and to see if he's serious. Loma could have moved up and fought Beltran or some other fighter but he didn't, he chose to fight fighters from a lower division for his last two fights. Loma himself has said that he won't fight Mikey as his first 135 fight. You actually believe that its easy to make a fight. Mikey isn't going to sign over options or take less money from a promoter just to make a fight knowing his worth. Lets see, GB wanted options for the Cotto Linares fights. Mikey says no, then GB says no options but wants a 50/50 split with Linares. Linares is no draw to be asking for 50/50. As for Easter, he wanted more money than was offered to fight Mikey. Arum is going to ask for a lot to make Mikey/Loma as well. Mikey would have fought Linares on Showtime but GB was a problem. GB has no problem letting Linares fight on shows not promoted by them and having to fight overseas, because they know Linares brings in no money for them.
                  Don't forget Bob Arum just paid Rig. $400K and ALWAYS low balls the other boxer. And sometimes his OWN boxers.

Rig. $400K
                  Loma $1.2

Made Walters sit until he BEGGED for crumbs.

Comment

• When did Linares become this big BADASS??? The dudes been KTFO in Round 1 and Round 2 by BUMS!!!
                    Antonio DeMarco also KHTFO and Broner Knocked DeMarco OUT!!!

I still think there is a good chance Linares and Mikey fight later down the line. Even Oscar said the same think

Any RTARDS thinks he will beat Mikey come see me 1st! I can use the EASY $$$$$ FKN DUMMIES.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                      Quit lying out your ass! A little over 7,000 seats were sold for Linares last fight at the forum. Still not very good but way more than 2,000
                      Shut the hell up. I was there in attendance and guess what. I didn't pay for my ticket as my cousin got free tickets thanks to GB giving them away.

Comment

Working...
                      X