Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I missing something? Crawford looked great.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
    Didnt you notice the hand speed and counter punching, thats whats make him a good fighter, they all have coming out fights this was his, the guy was a prodigy at 16 if you care to dig deeper.

You guys look at names more than the boxing, do you understand what great talent scouts do, they see quality before others see it.

If you think he is ordinary and not dangerous I dont see it.
    This article literally called Jose the next Mayweather 8 years ago.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jan/15/boxing-prodigy-compared-mayweather-jr-ready-pro-de/

Comment

Your not missing nothing, but a guy who is said to be hard to hit was being caught and countered more than people expect. Then in people mind they think a Spence or a Back in Shape Thurman can land those shots and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
        Crawford is supposed to be P4P top 2, in the prime of his life at 31 years of age. He didn't look it tonight.

For the first 6 rounds benavidez looked like damn pernell Whitaker in there. Bobbing and weaving with his hands down making crawford miss just like at the weigh in. While sometimes getting the better of crawford during exchanges. Let's not forget, benavidez was inactive for almost two years and fighting with one leg.

After 6, when it was obvious benavidez was tired and his knee cap had collapsed on him, only then is when crawford "found his rhythm" and "made adjustments" lmao.

Thurman and Spence blast this kid. And lets face it, an active benavidez with two legs beats him.

Crawford let me down tonight. And this shows he's been fighting nothing but uber drivers. He fought a B level fighter tonight. Can you imagine what happens when he steps up to the A level fighters?

Let's face it. After tonight, Bob arum is keeping him far far away from the PBC guys.
        You a fake boxing fan. You don’t know your looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
          Didnt you notice the hand speed and counter punching, thats whats make him a good fighter, they all have coming out fights this was his, the guy was a prodigy at 16 if you care to dig deeper.

You guys look at names more than the boxing, do you understand what great talent scouts do, they see quality before others see it.

If you think he is ordinary and not dangerous I dont see it.
          Yeah he was a prodigy,then he got shot in the knee.

Comment

he fougth someone whos not had a fight against a top 300 ranked opponent in 2 years. i was expecting to wake up to 'crawford drills benavidez in 2' not him struggling against him and going to 12 this guy is overhyped its as clear as day. i can promise people that benavidez will lose to someone else soon and then the crawford fans will say 'oh he wasnt the same after crawford fought him'

Comment

You are missing his competition. Tonight's tomato can fought the 343rd ranked welterweight his previous fight. The fight before that he fought the 448th ranked welterweight. For an elite to fight someone with such a horrible resume is almost always a mandatory. This wasn't. This was an optional. This guy is on the same level of Ocampo. Spence did to Ocampo what an elite fighter is supposed to do when facing such a tomato can. And to top it all off, this guy Bummed just beat, also happened to be a cripple. The guy has one leg. And his previous two fights were against the 448th and 343rd ranked welterweights.

This cherry is right alongside Rod Salka for worst of all time. Through six rounds, many had it even, 3 rounds apiece. This one-legged hobo shouldn't have made it out of the first round. It doesn't take any top p4p boxer 12 rounds to beat a one-legged man who is used to facing opponents outside the top 340 opponents in that division. First off, fights like this NEVER happen. Because it is so horrible and so obvious. The last two opponents are bad enough, but for the guy to literally be crippled is honestly mind boggling.

343. 448. One legged. That's what you were missing.

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
                Your not missing nothing, but a guy who is said to be hard to hit was being caught and countered more than people expect. Then in people mind they think a Spence or a Back in Shape Thurman can land those shots and then some.
                Who has ever said that?

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  he fougth someone whos not had a fight against a top 300 ranked opponent in 2 years. i was expecting to wake up to 'crawford drills benavidez in 2' not him struggling against him and going to 12 this guy is overhyped its as clear as day. i can promise people that benavidez will lose to someone else soon and then the crawford fans will say 'oh he wasnt the same after crawford fought him'
                  You fellas have no idea, you all think its demolition derby, there are more than one way to look great you just got to understand the boxing.

Crawford has great skill if you cant see it I dont know what to make of that, it reflects badly on your eye.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
                    Yeah he was a prodigy,then he got shot in the knee.
                    And Brook got stabbed, and Crawford was shot in the head.

When your good your good, Benevides is a good fighter his hands werent shot and they were fast and TC is a small WW.
                    It was a very technical and entertaining fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
                      You are missing his competition. Tonight's tomato can fought the 343rd ranked welterweight his previous fight. The fight before that he fought the 448th ranked welterweight. For an elite to fight someone with such a horrible resume is almost always a mandatory. This wasn't. This was an optional. This guy is on the same level of Ocampo. Spence did to Ocampo what an elite fighter is supposed to do when facing such a tomato can. And to top it all off, this guy Bummed just beat, also happened to be a cripple. The guy has one leg. And his previous two fights were against the 448th and 343rd ranked welterweights.

This cherry is right alongside Rod Salka for worst of all time. Through six rounds, many had it even, 3 rounds apiece. This one-legged hobo shouldn't have made it out of the first round. It doesn't take any top p4p boxer 12 rounds to beat a one-legged man who is used to facing opponents outside the top 340 opponents in that division. First off, fights like this NEVER happen. Because it is so horrible and so obvious. The last two opponents are bad enough, but for the guy to literally be crippled is honestly mind boggling.

343. 448. One legged. That's what you were missing.
                      yeah i made a thread about it that on paper its one of the worst mismatches theres been in many years but people seem to choose to ignore it, now they are saying benavidez was better than his ranking based on what exactly loll

Comment

Working...
                      X