Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to counter Floyd Mayweathers pull counter/leaning right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to counter Floyd Mayweathers pull counter/leaning right?

The famous move he is known for. He leans forward and finches back and counters you with the straight right hand.

Honestly, one of my favorite signature moves from Floyd Mayweather, consider him being a defensive technician.

I know in the Mayweather-Maidana II fight, Maidana exposed a little on how to counter it by faking a jab then overcome with an overhand right that gave Mayweather a little buckle. Though, that only worked once considering Mayweather is very versatile and a smart fighter - he won't fall for the same trick twice.

Back in his prime he did it with ease.

What other way do you think would be able to counter it?

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
    The famous move he is known for. He leans forward and finches back and counters you with the straight right hand.

Honestly, one of my favorite signature moves from Floyd Mayweather, consider him being a defensive technician.

I know in the Mayweather-Maidana II fight, Maidana exposed a little on how to counter it by faking a jab then overcome with an overhand right that gave Mayweather a little buckle. Though, that only worked once considering Mayweather is very versatile and a smart fighter - he won't fall for the same trick twice.

Maidana baited mayweatehr pull-counter out more than once.

Comment

Double the jab, not one of those fighters moved forward with their jab, easy pickings

Comment

I'm a south paw. Fake a right jab, he flinches back, go for the counter right, then I slip to my left and counter with my left hook/cross

Comment

Maidana baited an old floyd, there's a reason he never got countered in his prime when he did it, sounds simple in theory, but in actuality it's not.
          It's like saying "All you have to do to stop the 2000 Ravens defense is block the front 4 "
          Sounds simple, but no team is going to be able to pull that off

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post

I don’t think Maidana technically and consciously knew he was countering the counter pull right, it was rather out of in fight instinct that he pulled the ones that he made off.

We get our shots sometimes, that’s part of the game.

In my opinion, there’s no easy and sure way in countering the pull right as it all happens in a split second, though we can break it down technically. What Maidana did was one way of course.

However, the best thing to do is nullify it instead, and minimize Floyd’s usage rate of it. Constant pressure could do the job ala Castillo(proven) or Margarito(possibly). Or a prime pacquiao.(possibly) or Williams. Not saying they’d beat him but their styles would atleast minimize the pull right.

Same reason why Maidana had huge success in their first fight as he didn’t allow it to be a boxing match. Coz if u give floyd enough space and time, he’s gonna land those shots no matter what as he has superior reflexes and speed than all his opponents.

Comment

You just ruined Mayweather. With this new information Pacquiao will knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeBreaker View Post
                I'm a south paw. Fake a right jab, he flinches back, go for the counter right, then I slip to my left and counter with my left hook/cross
                Yeah and still get that a$$ tossed up LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                  Don't throw single jabs without faints.
                  Kind of thing that great fighters in their prime(Ones Floyd never fought) can do - but mistake lesser caliber fighters (Ones that Floyd made his career of beating) constantly fall for.
                  Pull counter is nice "highlight move", but he never had much power behind it and the lower the technical and ring iq of opponent, the better it works.
                  Good luck winning a fight against Duran or Leonard if that's you go-to move.
                  Well considering Floyd is the only one out of the three that's still undefeated. You need to be saying good luck those two mfs Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    You just ruined Mayweather. With this new information Pacquiao will knock him out.
                    That lil big headed midget would get his a$$ spanked again Lmao

Comment

Working...
                    X