No announcement yet.

Mayweather would also beat A Prime Roberto Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Don't think so. He would compete but Duran was an absolute monster at his best. The higher the weight class the fight takes place, the better chance Floyd has but he probably still falls short. At 135? Forget about it. 147? Possibly, but Duran may just out hustle him.

I don't count the 3rd SRL fight as both were completely done, but in the rematch it was still very competitive before Duran quit. Floyd would have a better chance vs Duran than SRL or Hearns though.

Floyd was better at 135 as well. He has real power down there.

Duran takes that ass beating at any weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
      I have said it like 10 million times here. Duran was in the Dominican R doing shows on tv with a Salsa band and doing girls and not training for that fight. HE was there a few weeks before that fight.

Stop talking out of your a s s e s

Ahhh, how do I know, because I was there.

And whose fault is that but Durans?

So duran blows up between fights and doesnt come prepared, ok, so whats the guarantee he comes 100% for Floyd if he didnt even bother for Thomas Hearns?

Floyd always comes 100%.

Duran takes the L.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
        No Floyd would not. Duran would crowd him like Maidana and he was a better techinician than Maidana. Floyd didnt throw enough punches to keep him off.

Floyd was 37 years old. Maidana had almost 20 lbs on him. And Floyd still won. Twice.

Is Floyd fighting a 37 year old Duran here? Do you have any idea how bad that ass beating would be? How about 37 year old Floyd vs 37 year old SRL, do you know how bad that ass whooping would be?

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
          No Floyd would not. Duran would crowd him like Maidana and he was a better techinician than Maidana. Floyd didnt throw enough punches to keep him off.
          Floyd was 37 when he fought Maidana man

Comment

Here's the thing about Duran especially after his lightweight years. He ran hot and cold.Beats Palomino. Beats Leonard. Quits against Leonard. Loses to Benitez. Loses to Lang. Moves up to Jr Middleweight and dominates Moore. Gets squashed against Hearns. Beats Barkley for the middleweight title.
            At 147, I say it depends on what Duran shows up. If it's the hungry, fiery, not having to shed over 50 lbs Duran in training camp, I would pick him. At 135 it's Duran all the way IMO. He was a beast in that division with the exception of the hiccup in the 1st DeJesus fight. DeJesus was a very good fighter though and Duran avenged that loss pretty clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Bull crap. Duran never got started in that fight. Stamina wasn't an issue at all. I have no axe to grind. Duran is my favorite fighter followed closely by Tommy.
              It was, I think he was still drunk at the time.

Dude, he was wasted in the DR at all times.

Comment

I ain't sure at all who would win but I'd dearly love to see this one. Hard to find two better exemplars of their particular styles.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-27-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  Floyd was better at 135 as well. He has real power down there.

Duran takes that ass beating at any weight class.
                  No, Floyd absolutely wasn't better at 135. At 130? He was a flat out MONSTER. At 135 he went through a stage in his career where he was thinking he was a rapper or some crap and got distracted. My first fight I attended was his against Sosa at Selland Arena in Fresno. He had some rough performances at LW. But then starting with the N'dou performance? He got very aggressive and was in some exciting fights. At 140 I thought Floyd was at his best minus 130 days. He got touched up by Corley, but he was going after him and after the first few rounds he proceeded to beat the crap out of him. His performance against Gatti was masterful. I wish he had faced better competition at 140 as then he would have received more respect for his performances. Bruce Trampler said he was set to face Kosta if he had beaten Hatton and if Floyd beat Gatti, but obviously Hatton ruined those plans. And then Hatton turned down Floyd multiple times at 140 and Cotto wanted no part of him so it made sense to move up.

So yeah, at 135 Duran beats Floyd pretty clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE JOE View Post
                    Good observation.The ultra defensive mode didn't work too well for Benitez in his fight with Hearns but it beats getting KO'd.
                    Benitez had some moments but fought too defensive. No way was he going to win that way, but that may be your only chance at surviving at 147 or 154 against that monster. SRL is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad man who risked it all to take him out.

Comment

Floyds father wouldn't say Floyd would beat Duran when asked. Floyd would be a huge challenge because of his movement. I don't believe he could hold off Duran. Duran was an incredible fighter when he prepared properly. Duran takes this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X