No announcement yet.

Juan M. Marquez announces retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good riddance.

All of his crying, ducking and excuse making was getting old.

I think the sport will always remember him for the loser he is.

Also I doubt having juan baby bull Diaz as your best win earns you a trip to the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Doesn't mean much now does it.

I'd rather see him retire than fight a shot to pieces Morales.
      I know, but I still want to see it. It may be irrational, but I don't care.

Comment

Great fighter and one my favorites. Number 2 on my p4p list. Hopefully he goes out with a bang. No need to fight PAC again he already beat him as a majority of fans, boxers, and trainers know.

Comment

Like I said, Pac fights Bradley in June, JMM IV in November and will fight Mayweather next year (as he said he would take the lesser cut) before retiring.

I think Floyd knows that Bob won't have a choice but to accept what Floyd gives them. It's either take Floyd's offer or Pac retires and Bob gets nothing.

Bob wants that money just as bad as Floyd. We will see the fight next year for Pac's swan song!

JMM is a legend. Boxing will lose a great Champion!
          Last edited by WESS; 03-02-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
            It was bound to happen. I'd love to see Marquez close out his career with a defining win against Pacquiao. It would be epic.

Skill wise, he's the best hands down. Resume wise he's up there in the top 10 for sure.
            The guy in my sig was the most skilled mexican fighter of all time, hands down.

Comment

aS MUCH AS ILL MISS HIM IN THE RING .

Happy for him .

No way in damn hell do i wanna see a roy jones scenario with juan .

Ride into the sunset buddy youve already left your mark as a great

Comment

JMM is 38 years old, that is old for any fighter but that is especially old for the lower weights, he has to retire at some point. I dont know why anyone would say its a bad thing for him to retire before 2013. Bob aint gonna give him Pac 4 and he dont have much else left to prove, you might as well retire relatively on top.

Comment

Good on Marquez for being smart enough to not stick around too long. He was one of my favourites but this is just about the right time to make an exit.

I imagine he'll be running for President to spite Manny one last time.

Comment

I will miss watching him fight. It's sad to see him go, but better than the alternative... waiting too long. Pick the right time to exit is tricky, and way too late is so much worse than a little earlier than necessary.

(I don't think it's a sham.)

Comment

The only Mexican fighter i've really liked aside from Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                      X