Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: This Bud's For You, Crawford's Stock Continues To Rise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not understanding how the guy was a bum?????? what has happened to boxing fans? everybody is a bum these days if they don't have big names.... are any professional fighters actually good or decent fighters these days? its the usual suspects. I can see if you all were complaining about the knee but a bum???? dude wasn't a bum

Comment

Originally posted by Zodogg View Post
      Bunch of haters guys who don't know **** boxing on this site they think every fight is going to be so easy for a top rated guy..Crawford was methodical and showed a lot of skill in breaking down his opponent who was rough rugged and tough. Nobody goes in and just blows out top 10 guys
      To start, Jose Benavidez is not and was not a top 10 guy. Wasn’t even top 20 or 30. Secondly, it was many of his fans who said this would be an easy knockout win for Crawford. It wasnt an easy win. It took 11 and a half rounds to stop him. I think your criticism is directed at the wrong group. Might want to tell that to Crawfords supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
        im not understanding how the guy was a bum?????? what has happened to boxing fans? everybody is a bum these days if they don't have big names.... are any professional fighters actually good or decent fighters these days? its the usual suspects. I can see if you all were complaining about the knee but a bum???? dude wasn't a bum
        Sad thing is, a few years ago a lot of people here knew who Benevidez was and spoke highly of him as a rising talent. FF to 2018 and the majority of members here are cheer squad bytches who have no interest in the sport itself, they're just here to root for their favorite fighter, favorite color of fighter, or favorite country.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          Come on Redd, let's keep it a buck. That guy was a bum being undefeated doesn't mean anything. Now we giving credit just cause of a 0? Crawford is getting paid to beat up on sub par talent. I ain't hating on the brother get your money, however I ain't going to sit back and give him probs for beating up WBO made up ranked bums. Let's run back the last few names that Hispanic guy, Horn , the African guy , Diaz who lost to Peterson, and John Molina Jr. So this makes this guy P4P? Really doe! Come on this is sick. He thinks we stupid. Him signing with Bob was smart he will never fight a real threat until he's old then hes going to stay nahh man I wasn't in my prime back in the day I would had him. Smdh.
          Undefeated doesnt make sense when its against a guy they dont like. Dominic Wade was undefeated and Golovkin got trashed for fighting him. But when its a fighter a person does like, the opponent being undefeated is the bees knees. I like Crawford. But that doesnt mean hes exempt from criticism.

Comment

Another Crawford thread, more people trying to convince rational fans that he beat some top fighter. One poster went as far as to call Jose a top 10 guy lol

Just another Monday smh

Why is it so hard for people to like a fighter but also acknowledge his comp/execution raises questions. It's not that hard.

Is Crawford a top fighter? Yes
            Is his comp questionable? Absolutely (moreso than any top 5 WW)

Most of my praise for him is based on an eye test, but I've never seen him do something that made me say "wow he's elite". We don't know how special he is by any stretch. He's just a damn good fighter. The same goes for Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              Another Crawford thread, more people trying to convince rational fans that he beat some top fighter. One poster went as far as to call Jose a top 10 guy lol

Just another Monday smh

Why is it so hard for people to like a fighter but also acknowledge his comp/execution raises questions. It's not that hard.

Most of my praise for him is based on an eye test, but I've never seen him do something that made me say "wow he's elite". We don't know how special he is by any stretch. He's just a damn good fighter. The same goes for Spence.
              Great post. All the way through. Not sure why people are afraid to be critical of the fighters they do like. Every single one has flaws.

Comment

Just another Monday smh

great post ^^^^ you dont become elite by winning fantasy match ups

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                  hes a trash opponent for a so called p4p level fighter, i dont understand how you guys can think fighting someone out of the top 30 who hasnt beaten a fighter in the top 300 in two years, is acceptable and a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    hes a trash opponent for a so called p4p level fighter, i dont understand how you guys can think fighting someone out of the top 30 who hasnt beaten a fighter in the top 300 in two years, is acceptable and a good win.
                    Funny thing is I remember when Garcia fought Rod Salka. I think he was ranked about 70ish or so. People went crazy calling him a cherry lol Funny thing is Jose beat a similar cast of characters as Salka before he fought Crawford. Despite his past, he's far from that kid with all that promise years ago.

Comment

Funny thing is I remember when Garcia fought Rod Salka. I think he was ranked about 70ish or so. People went crazy calling him a cherry lol Funny thing is Jose beat a similar cast of characters as Salka before he fought Crawford. Despite his past, he's far from that kid with all that promise years ago.
                      its ridiculous, he got shot in the ****ing leg and people are still saying 'oh but when he was 17 he was a good prospect' as if thats relevant. him looking like dog**** against herrera and not beating anyone else is more relevant. and logic would dictate hes probably worse now than he was against herrera considering hes got a knee that doesnt work

Comment

Working...
                      X