Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Blessed Are We To Live Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who you got on your fantasy football team?

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      Being alive in itself is the most incomprehensibly substantial gift.

Imagine from the blob and soup of nothingness, we somehow came to be here at this very moment eternally present within infinite possibility.

We are owed nothing, we are entitled to nothing, yet in the endless recesses of impermeable darkness we exist.

Not a single moment is promised yet here we are rebelling against the darkness and against the chaos.

But...I thought you were death?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Says a "privileged straight white male." Persons of color i.e. POCs, transpersons, women, disabled people, LGBTQs and muslims are systemically structurally and institutionally oppressed and marginalized. Their lives are literally being threatened daily by harmful 'microaggresions' and other acts of violence.

Well...this post explains a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          He puts the honkey in honkey dory

It's hunky dory you git.

Comment

it'd be even better if you had a ten inch dick.

think about it.

Comment

Each generation we gain something and we lose something. What we've gained in technology, social media, medicine, and modern conveniences, we've also lost in our personal relationships (one-on-one/eye-to-eye communication), inactivity and laziness, tolerance of others, privacy (living in a world of video cameras everywhere, drones, cell phone cameras, tracking of internet and phone practices, etc), freedom of speech, and accountability. We have to take the good with the bad, and find ways to appreciate what has been gained while mourning the loss of other comforts, social norms and customs. All about perspective.

Comment

Don't think that people in the past were not content with what they had. Things you have today, simply didn't exist in the past so they never felt like they are missing out. Perhaps they were even happier than we are today because we are bombarded with things we can't have (afford) where in the past that simply wasn't the case, there's was a case of more of what you already have, that's what rich folks had...They drank wine but better wine, they had land but more land....

You think some Ukrainian farmer who had a decent lot of land, some pigs, chickens, cows and a horse and a nice little house with plenty of firewood in the 1700s didn't think "damn I've got it nice" and don't think that this was not common place in old Europe.

What you have today is standard issue for most people, I've visited poor places and people still have tablets and computers, just older ones. You might eat a steak once a week and others once a year, but they are content with what they have until they get a taste for the "better life."

It's all relative...

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  This era that we are growing up in will be looked back as the golden years of humanity. Relatively no significant wars, historically low poverty and starvation, and technological advancements that allow the poor to live better than the kings and queens of the past.

I dwelled on this fact as I sat on my top grain leather sectional, with an IPA Sculpin beer, watching the football game on my big screen TV, while checking my fantasy football score on a smart phone that has near infinite use from music, videos, pictures, calculator, alarm, weather, finance, dictionary etc...

I dwelled on the fact that I have two cars parked outside my garage, that I own a $2500-3000 dog that in the past would only be reserved for nobility or upper class. Dwelled on the fact that I owned a laptop, Ipad, and Iphone, something that would be the utmost luxury going back as early as 1980. And most importantly dwelled on the fact of how lucky and fortunate I am, how lucky and fortunate we all are to live today where you can go into any super market and pick out your cut of beef, pork, fish, lamb, and poultry that your heart desires. Thought about how this is exclusively a modern privilege, because back in the day there would've had to been a holiday or special occasion for a family to slaughter pork or beef for dinner, and it would've only happened a few times a year.
                  Yes but your ****sexual friend has to hide his true desires from you and his other friends.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    it'd be even better if you had a ten inch dick.

think about it.

Why would my life be better with a smaller dick?

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
                      It's hunky dory you git.
                      However you want to spell it, you hunky

Comment

Working...
                      X