No announcement yet.

Billy "Juice" Saunders to sue over his canceled fight with Demetrius Andrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    It is an interesting one. I checked the MSAC statutes when this broke out - posted some quotes in another thread - and I think Warren and Saunders may have a case.

I'm not a legal expert but the way it looks to me, Andrade had the right to cancel the fight (and possibly to sue Saunders) for breaking the terms of their contract, the WBO have the right to strip Saunders under their rules for acting in a way that caused a title fight to fall through, but MSAC do not have a right to deny Saunders a license under their PED statutes because they expressly state they use WADA protocols, which Saunders has not contravened. If they'd chosen not to license him because he's a **** I don't think Saunders would have had a leg to stand on however.

Will be interesting to see which way this pans out.
    I have exactly the same take. They've not followed their own organisations rules as far as I can tell. Which may put them on shaky ground in defending a lawsuit.

I'd sooner have seen the fight, but the legal battle to come may prove an interesting conflict in its own right...

Comment

He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning that law suit. He is wasting his time and money by suing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        Yep, that's how it looks.

Even the WBO part probably has some sort of grey area too i.e Even if Saunders "acted" in a way that caused the fight to fall through, MSAC have made a mistake in accordance with their rules, therefor, they're the main cause of it falling through, officially. Under their rules, it should be still going ahead, rightly or wrongly. Then again, WBO say he give up the title before being stripped, so that's probably not an issue anymore.

Very strange situation, but he certainly has a case that he would probably win against MSAC, if he hasn't technically broken any of their rules.

Frank Warren is no mug. They know they have a case and Warren's lawyers will have been all over this before putting out the statement.
        It is an area of considerable greyness - here's what the WBO regs have to say about it:

http://www.wboboxing.com/regulations/

SECTION 19:

If a World Champion fails to comply with his contractual obligation to fight in a WBO World Championship bout without justifiable cause, or is determined by a Host Commission, a licensing commission, or otherwise has tested positive for an illegal or any performance enhancing drug, or fails to inform the WBO of any medical condition, impairment or any other circumstance which jeopardizes his participation in a WBO World Championship contest, or if a Champion or any of his team members misleads, attempts to mislead, or petitions a Local Boxing Commission to illegally or incorrectly license said Champion, the Committee may recommend to the WBO President and to the Executive Committee that the fighter be stripped of the title and that the title be declared vacant.
        So here they don't really specify whether it's WADA or VADA protocols they use though the phrase bolded gives them a great deal of latitude to act as they choose. Later in the regs for what is WADA describes as 'in competition testing' (before or during the fight) they have this to say:

SECTION 28

The determination of illegal drug use or performance enhancing drug use or stimulants use under this Section or Section 19 (a) may be made only by the Host Commission for the Contest or the WBO Participant’s Licensing Commission if supported by test results by WADA, VADA or any internationally recognized anti-doping entity.
        Which seems to indicate they're not necessarily tied to one testing protocol, though for all intents and purposes WADA and VADA are identical for 'in-competition' testing anyway, best I can tell.

Make of that what you will.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-11-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          How does he think he has a leg to stand on here? Even the almighty Canelo had to take a 6 month suspension and postpone his rematch with GGG. Lesson to fighters who want to cheat.
          "the test was done by VADA. The substance they found in their test is prohibited by them, but under WADA it is allowed out of competition, which is up until the day before the fight.

Warren and Bill definitely have a strong case to pursue loss of earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            It is an area of considerable greyness - here's what the WBO regs have to say about it:

http://www.wboboxing.com/regulations/

SECTION 19:

So here they don't really specify whether it's WADA or VADA protocols they use though the phrase bolded gives them a great deal of latitude to act as they choose. Later in the regs for what is WADA describes as 'in competition testing' (before or during the fight) they have this to say:

SECTION 28

Which seems to indicate they're not necessarily tied to one testing protocol, though for all intents and purposes WADA and VADA are identical for 'in-competition' testing anyway, best I can tell.

Make of that what you will.
            How can they refer to WADA for the list (which allows it out of competition up until the day before the fight) but deny him a license based on VADA which bans it outright? Seems like a pick n' mix decision just to **** Saunders if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              How can they refer to WADA for the list (which allows it out of competition up until the day before the fight) but deny him a license based on VADA which bans it outright? Seems like a pick n' mix decision just to **** Saunders if you ask me.
              He signed up to Vada testing and failed a Vada test.

The commission have based their decision off of what Saunders signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                He signed up to Vada testing and failed a Vada test.

The commission have based their decision off of what Saunders signed up for.
                The commission have to follow their own rules when making decisions. Their own rules state that WADA is the relevant authority:

https://twitter.com/DannyFlexen/stat...872065/photo/1

Comment

Billy Juice

Comment

First, Billy Ho Flounders should follow this process: Ban himself for life, then hire an attorney to sue himself.

Comment

lol hopefully he wastes a lot of money on a legal case and then has to give BJs for drugs and money like that woman he taunted.

BJS giving BJs to people is just desserts. Blow-Job Saunders coming full circle

Comment

Working...
                      X