No announcement yet.

Malik Scott: Wilder is the hardest hitter, and I sparred Wladimir, Lennox

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    I don't see that being possible with this current crop of punchers, I think they'd seriously risk death. 6'0 197 is like Bellew's size minus 3" in height and that's when he was a cruiser.

I mean after seeing what Wilder did to 6'4 230lb Szpilka, that was pretty scary, same with guys like 6'4 240lb Liakhovich where he started convulsing, I seriously don't see a guy that small taking their punches. More weight usually means more durability, at the very least you'd need some sort of power to keep them off you and Peralta didn't even have that.
    how much did Dempsey weigh? 187 right??? beat the hell out of a man who was 245
    Last edited by Larry the boss; 09-02-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      how much did Dempsey weigh? 187 right??? beat the hell out of a man who was 245

That's a completely different era though, I'm talking about this current crop of heavies, I do not see a man that small being able to trouble Wilder, Joshua, Pedvetkin, Ortiz etc.

There are a lot of big guys but not all of them have been as skilled as what you see in this era. If you were big back than you pretty much made it into boxing by default, nowadays there are so many big men you have to actually be good and separate yourself from that crop.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        With all these considered, let's assume finkel had a master plan. How many Mando has wilder fought in three years?
        Not sure why you're asking questions everyone knows the answer to. Wilder has made one mandatory defense. Povetkin failing multiple drug tests caused numerous delays of Wilder's mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Not sure why you're asking questions everyone knows the answer to. Wilder has made one mandatory defense. Povetkin failing multiple drug tests caused numerous delays of Wilder's mandatory.
          And you still think finkel had a master plan?

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
            And you still think finkel had a master plan?
            I know for a fact that's what the plan was. Klitsckho-Glazkov would have been Klitschko's first fight of 2016 and the final fight HBO had an option on. Wilder-Povetkin would have been Wilder's first fight of 2016. Klitschko-Wilder would have been each fighter's second fight of 2016.

Had Povetkin still failed his tests and the WBC mandatory situation gone down the same as it did, it wouldn't have interfered with Finkel's plan at all as the WBC mandatory didn't end up taking place until late 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              I know for a fact that's what the plan was. Klitsckho-Glazkov would have been Klitschko's first fight of 2016 and the final fight HBO had an option on. Wilder-Povetkin would have been Wilder's first fight of 2016. Klitschko-Wilder would have been each fighter's second fight of 2016.

Had Povetkin still failed his tests and the WBC mandatory situation gone down the same as it did, it wouldn't have interfered with Finkel's plan at all as the WBC mandatory didn't end up taking place until late 2017.
              Podvetkin was later cleared of roid and wilder seems not interested in the fight any longer.
              It's nobody's fault that he is in such a situation, it took him and finkel so much time from stepping up from fighting retired players and cab drivers.
              It is what it is, let's see what happens next.

Comment

Working...
              X