Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you see Shakur Stevenson's development?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you see Shakur Stevenson's development?

Is he progressing nicely?

Does he impress you or does he need more work?

I was very high on him as an amateur but he needs to start showing more as pro, especially offensively. There just doesn't seem to be any bite to his work or any killer instinct. I think he should move on to 10-rounders now against some more ambitious opponents, and maybe when he's facing guys who are actually trying to hurt him it'll give him some urgency and create more openings to do work. Looking a bit lacklustre right now though, almost Verdejo-esque

Comment

Hard to tell until he faces solid comp

Comment

He looks pretty weak in strength and punching power. He looks like he's sitting down on his punches more now however. Hopefully it gets better when he steps up.

Comment

I know he's only 8-0 but he's levels way above these bums. Hopefully they match him up a little tougher next time out.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
            He looks pretty weak in strength and punching power. He looks like he's sitting down on his punches more now however. Hopefully it gets better when he steps up.

I think that will come with time. I remember feeling the same about JoJo Diaz early in his pro career.

Comment

Spends too much time worrying about his social media. Would like to see him in a fight where he doesn't get everything his own way. See him have to work through a few problems to get the win. At the minute he's done everything asked of him.

Comment

Punching power is the big question for me. He doesn't seem able to hurt opponents and take them out, at least not consistently.

Comment

not been hugely impressed with him

Comment

He's a younger version of Jo Jo Diaz jr. He's got no power but solid fundamentals.

Comment

Working...
                    X