No announcement yet.

Leonard-Duran I (1980)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard-Duran I (1980)

I've recently watched the whole 15 rounds of that fight, and to be honest with you, I didn't think Duran dominated Leonard as much as many people are saying that he did. In fact, IMO the fight could have went either way. I actually had Leonard winning the fight by a round! He landed more punches than Duran, and Duran did absolutely nothing in the 15th round. Plus Leonard was the champ and in my eyes Duran didn't "take" the title, especially since he let Leonard win the last round. I had it 144-143 for Leonard. So what do you guys think?

Yeah and the way you talk about this fight and make constant threads about it suggests you probably judged very objectively
    Last edited by kayjay; 09-07-2007, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
      I've recently watched the whole 15 rounds of that fight, and to be honest with you, I didn't think Duran dominated Leonard as much as many people are saying that he did. In fact, IMO the fight could have went either way. I actually had Leonard winning the fight by a round! He landed more punches than Duran, and Duran did absolutely nothing in the 15th round. Plus Leonard was the champ and in my eyes Duran didn't "take" the title, especially since he let Leonard win the last round. I had it 144-143 for Leonard. So what do you guys think?
      It was a close fight, and not enough credit is given to Leonard for fighting on the inside with Duran and doing pretty well. Duran usually destroyed anyone who chose to do that.

But Duran had moved up from lightweight and was fighting a great welterweight in Leonard.
      Also, a fighter doesnt have to 'take' the title away. Boxing is scored fairly on a round-by-round basis. And therefore the old thing about having to do more as a challnger is bull**** and unfair.

Comment

Duran won pretty easily. About 10-12 rounds.

Comment

Butterfly1964:

You seemed to be obsessed with Durán. This is your 2nd thread about him in the same forum. You should get out more...
          Last edited by Panamaniac; 09-08-2007, 12:53 AM.

Comment

This coming from the only guy on earth who thinks Ali beat Frazier the first time. Betterdie 64, you have zero credibility

Comment

LOL

i didnt see this other thread,

this is a case of Sour Grapes that should go on med school books

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
                This coming from the only guy on earth who thinks Ali beat Frazier the first time. Betterdie 64, you have zero credibility
                You've been exposed as a liar! I've never said Ali beat Frazier in the first fight.

Comment

The fight was originally scored a split decision, later the cards were recalculated and changed to a Unanimous decision.
                  Duran won fair and square. No one at 147 could have
                  beat him that night.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
                    You've been exposed as a liar! I've never said Ali beat Frazier in the first fight.
                    Did you say it was a draw then, Frazier drew even with the kd in your eyes?

Comment

Working...
                    X