Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Wilder answered all questions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He came back from trouble and won. I respect his heart, but still, this guy is getting too much damage in every fight.

Comment

Joshua did the same thing against a more accomplished fighter

Comment

Bar none, I have to say yes; Just based off the performance he gave last night. Now we see why Anthony Joshua avoided The real "King Kong". He did it for a reason. The man is a very dangerous fighter who can also punch.

Comment

He answered exactly the same questions Joshua answered against Klitschko... which for me puts them at level pegging.

Beyond that nobody can honestly answer if he's the best in the world until him and Joshua face off, which has to happen next!

Comment

There are different questions of wilder but I think overall he did no harm with this fight. Certainly proved he can take a few punches when he stood up to Ortiz. Those style attacks are more like Joshua hits (rather than single big hits), I do think Joshua would have been quicker and more effective on the inside.

The odd thing for me was wilders big stance and yet seemingly ineffetctive jab. With the reach advantage you would have thought he would have controlled the fight but he struggled in a boxing match

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
              Wilder is an athlete who is tall and fast. However he's not a true boxer in terms of the way he moves and punches. At 40 pro fights, he lacks severe skills. Yeah he has power, but in reality the technique is telegraphed and easily to counter. People like Lennox would have toyed with this dude.

This shows how bad the heavyweight scene is right now in terms of skills because aj lacks it too.

He's tough but remember who has he faced? What punishment has he taken? Stirvene is an absolute nobody. Ortiz is decent but could he beat even someone like Ray Mercer?

Spilka showed me where wilder is at in terms of boxing iq. It's very low but he's got that get out of jail card.
              Wilder reminds me of Michael Grant, just a better version of Grant.

Comment

Working...
              X