No announcement yet.

I Got a Few Game Companies Attention About Making a Boxing Videogame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by War Room View Post
    What is flawed? I'm just going to leave you to your opinion.

Which gaming companies?

Which technology is evolving quickly?

What indie companies are afraid of EA? Quite a few. I'm not posting out of ignorance. My Twitter: @SimBoxing My Instagram: Boxingsim

What research? I actually talk to the EA producers and other gaming companies finding information. I'm not a 9 year old or a teenager. I'm an educated man. You can go to my POETICDRINK2U Twitter and see me and the Big Ant Studios CEO is having an open discussion.

I work in the gaming industry and curious to read your answers to my questions.
    I answered most of your stuff in the quote.
    Oh, and to give you a little background on me. I was a decorated amateur heavyweight boxing champion(3x Golden Gloves 3x Diamond Gloves 3x and State Champion), I was an EA Senior Moderator and Community Leader, I'm the Owner of the Boxing Videogame Wishlist Site and podcast host.

Research....
    Last edited by POETICDRINK2U; 06-04-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
      Your information is somewhat flawed. I have been actively talking to game companies AAA and Indie. They all agree on two things boxing is easier to do than MMA and technology is evolving quickly so things are easier to do.
      The Indie companies have the resources to make a deep boxing videogame without top stars. This could be a good thing especially if the game play is great and they put out a deep Create A Boxer mode.
      Indie companies are afraid EA will sneak in with a game to under cut them.
      My research has shown that the want for a boxing is very high.
      Tell you the truth, I don't think I'd play a boxing game without licensing or at least a create a boxer situation where we could download created boxers.

Career mode was fun because I'd go through a roster of the best fighters of the last 100 years in my career that were on the game and downloaded (and crucially the gameplay was fun)

Comment

Nowadays, it'd be really tough to make a game like this, because there are so many promoters which would lead to each promoter asking for a different fee for their fighter to be in the game and then promoting it would be an issue too. The UFC is a promotional monster and they have 90% of the best fighters in the World in their promotion so it's easy to make a game in that regards.

In terms of playability, Boxing is far more fun. I've played the latest UFC game last year and it was pretty poor especially the grappling.

It's long overdue..

Comment

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
          I answered most of your stuff in the quote.
          Oh, and to give you a little background on me. I was a decorated amateur heavyweight boxing champion(3x Golden Gloves 3x Diamond Gloves 3x and State Champion), I was an EA Senior Moderator and Community Leader, I'm the Owner of the Boxing Videogame Wishlist Site and podcast host.

Research....
          Sorry for the late reply, been really busy.

Thats great you used to Box, me too. So you're a 3x HWGG champ? Which state of you don't mind me asking?

So you were a moderator on their forum? Which forum was that on (they have several)?

Whats an EA community leader? Never heard of it.

So which Indie companies are afraid of EA again? You said quite a few so please narrow that down.

HB Studio's was never afraid of EA when the released The Golf Club which was a direct competitor to their PGA series, Tiger and Rory. EA said they were going to make another Golf IP for years, but they never did and HBS actually are contracted to make a new official PGA Tour IP.

So I'm looking at your Twitter which is pretty small considering you're been on for 5 years and don't even have 2k followers. Not sure why you're using this are credentials?

This is your website correct?
          http://boxinggamewishlist.proboards.com/forum

Not trying to be rude, but what software are you using? Definitely not phpbb or vBulletin. Its great to see your dedication, but your work is really outdated, to the point of it surely will drive people away. Looks like it was made in the late 90's. I'm sorry to be blunt and feel bad saying it, but you're making very lofty claims about the industry.

Your forums have no replies and all of your YouTube content has been removed for copyright infringement.

Which EA producers and other gaming companies are referring to? Do you mean development studios or publishers. If yes to any, which ones?

Sorry man, but I know employee's from EA and they rarely say anything due to breaking NDA and losing their job. I find it unlikely any producer is going to risk a 100k+ salary by breaking NDA for some moderator.

I asked you about which technology that was quickly evolving but you never answered. Can you answer please?

Ok so you talked to Ross Symons at Big Ant Studios. I talk to devs on a daily basis that make highly profitable IP's in the mega millions. Big Ant Studios is a joke and they won't be making a Boxing IP thats not garbage. Thats just the facts. They don't have the money. From what I'm reading Ross Symons isn't, well just look for yourself...

They've already gone through a bankruptcy...

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/fina...le-developers/

He must be hemorrhaging through his own personal money because he's definitely not turning a profit with his IP's.

Last year they had three games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/194439/...league-live-4/
          http://www.vgchartz.com/game/220314/...et/?region=All
          I can't be bothered to find the third.

Look at the sales figures to the right. Alarmingly low. So low, impossible to make a profit. They can barely pay employee's on an irregular basis.

This is their entire company sales here: bit.ly/2tES3G1

Bottom of the barrel low. They can't be turning a profit. With that said, the investments needed to exceed FNC is enormous and they won't be making a Boxing IP thats worth anybodies time. Maybe like some cheap iOS title or something.

Whatever you call research is biased and erroneous. I find it a bit ridiculous that you claim my data is flawed, but doing 10 minutes of web research shows everything you've said is false.
          Last edited by War Room; 06-28-2018, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Thats great you used to Box, me too. So you're a 3x HWGG champ? Which state of you don't mind me asking?

So you were a moderator on their forum? Which forum was that on (they have several)?

So which Indie companies are afraid of EA again? You said quite a few so please narrow that down.

HB Studio's was never afraid of EA when the released The Golf Club which was a direct competitor to their PGA series, Tiger and Rory. EA said they were going to make another Golf IP for years, but they never did and HBS actually are contracted to make a new official PGA Tour IP.

So I'm looking at your Twitter which is pretty small considering you're been on for 5 years and don't even have 2k followers. Not sure why you're using this are credentials?

Not trying to be rude, but what software are you using? Definitely not phpbb or vBulletin. Its great to see your dedication, but your work is really outdated, to the point of it surely will drive people away. Looks like it was made in the late 90's. I'm sorry to be blunt and feel bad saying it, but you're making very lofty claims about the industry.

Your forums have no replies and all of your YouTube content has been removed for copyright infringement.

Which EA producers and other gaming companies are referring to? Do you mean development studios or publishers. If yes to any, which ones?

Sorry man, but I know employee's from EA and they rarely say anything due to breaking NDA and losing their job. I find it unlikely any producer is going to risk a 100k+ salary by breaking NDA for some moderator.

I asked you about which technology that was quickly evolving but you never answered. Can you answer please?

Ok so you talked to Ross Symons at Big Ant Studios. I talk to devs on a daily basis that make highly profitable IP's in the mega millions. Big Ant Studios is a joke and they won't be making a Boxing IP thats not garbage. Thats just the facts. They don't have the money. From what I'm reading Ross Symons isn't, well just look for yourself...

He must be hemorrhaging through his own personal money because he's definitely not turning a profit with his IP's.

Look at the sales figures to the right. Alarmingly low. So low, impossible to make a profit. They can barely pay employee's on an irregular basis.

Bottom of the barrel low. They can't be turning a profit. With that said, the investments needed to exceed FNC is enormous and they won't be making a Boxing IP thats worth anybodies time. Maybe like some cheap iOS title or something.

Whatever you call research is biased and erroneous. I find it a bit ridiculous that you claim my data is flawed, but doing 10 minutes of web research shows everything you've said is false.
            I was an EA senior moderator on the Fight Night forums. I have no reason to lie. I'm just happy the industry finally heard my voice. One thing I don't like doing is lying. I have talked Brian "Brizzo" Hayes (I ask his advice when I need some) many times and you are right about the NDAs. I signed one when I went to EA for Fight Night Round 4.
            My website is not an investment so major time wasn't put into it. However, if it doesn't get post activity it gets many visitors. I even had numerous game developers who visited my site. In the next few days the creators of the upcoming Boxing Videogames Round4Round Boxing is putting my site logo on their site as a sponsor.
            My things isn't to try to be more than what I am by being fake or false. I had a bio on my website. I'm from Newark, NJ.
            If Ross Symons or Big Ant doesn't make a game that's on them I don't have stock in his company. I just reach out to these companies and he sounded interested in making a game. Many companies are running with the idea I gave them so they can afford boxers. EA didn't want listen...that's another story.

And this is my Twitter I frequent the most. Check out Boxing Sim Wishlist���� (@SimBoxing): https://twitter.com/SimBoxing?s=09

I also read alot of book on psychology and see what's going on in your post clearly.
            Last edited by POETICDRINK2U; 06-29-2018, 05:17 AM.

Comment

So, let us know when there's a release date for this game and I'll be sure to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                So, let us know when there's a release date for this game and I'll be sure to check it out.
                Definitely will keep you guys updated.

Comment

I doubt Unreal, Lumberyard, Cryengine, Frostbite, etc would suffice for a boxing game. Boxing is a very unique art so a dev studio is going to need to make their own engine. Gaming engines take 3+ years to develop which costs a lot of money. Once the engine is done, add another 3+ years for development.
                  XD

You don't know what you are talking about.
                  AT ALL......

lolololololololololololol

Comment

Information on the game so far.
                    https://youtu.be/kBoFHtGvOjw?list=PL...QB6FTxoxTNmBjq
                    Last edited by POETICDRINK2U; 07-10-2018, 05:29 AM.

Comment

This is the worst type of person.

Comment

Working...
                      X