Best Jab
        Harold Johnson
        Best Body Puncher
        Henry Armstrong
        Best Right Hand
        Tommy Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by GatorMark View Post
          Now, my list is skewed towards fighters from my lifetime. Anyway, please provide your thoughts, feedback, or differing opinion.

Best Boxer
          Sugar Ray Robinson
          P4P Hardest Puncher
          Julian Jackson
          Best Defensive Boxer
          Floyd Mayweather Jr.
          Fastest Boxer
          Roy Jones Jr.
          Best Left Hook
          Joe Frazier/ Sugar Ray Robinson
          Best Chin
          Marvin Hagler
          Best Jab
          Larry Holmes
          Best Body Puncher
          Julio Cesar Chavez
          Best Right Hand
          Joe Louis/Tommy Hearns

best boxer is too broad, so i won't answer it. i'd probalby go with ray leonard simply becaue you already have "best defesnsive boxer" and ithink leonard's boxing skills were more rounded than floyd's in spite of the fact that he wasn't as tough to hit. i think floyd jr is the best defensive fighter ive ever seen and i say that with more confidence than i say about any other fighter with superlative abilities on the list.

here's the rest:

hardest puncher
          julian jackson

best defensive boxer
          floyd mayweather

fastest boxer
          muhammad ali

best left hook
          ray robinson

best chin
          muhammad ali

best jab
          muhammad ali

best body puncher
          joe frazier

best right hand
          joe louis

Comment

7 to 8 of the categories are filled with blacks on almost every list. Of course, no one sees anything significant in that--it is just an environmental factor. Why, of course. What environment is that--running on the savannahs for thousands of years?

It is just a fact. You are a racist if you notice it, however, and a bigger one if you mention it.

Blacks are a bit better engineered for top white man sports. Get over it. Admit it. There is nothing to deny. You do not have to deny it or ignore it out of political correctness. You have a mind and you have seen it. You even write it down. Are you going to deny it even after you have written it down in a list?

The next big argument against a free man like me is to say, "Okay, maybe it's true. What good does it do to bring it up?"

I do not see a big advantage in scholarship in not bringing it up. Rather the opposite. It is an affront to scholarship to deny and ignore sample after sample (list after list) that confirm the same result.

From nearly all the lists, the only apparent superior category of whites is in taking a wallop. Whitey had Marciano, Lamotta and Chuvalo. But of course blackey had Hagler and Vampire Johnson, so it might end up pretty close.

I made an all white list to see if it could be done and pass. When you use the very best white fighters, the list is semi-acceptable.

The same thing would be true of AT football lists. Except for quarterback, all the athletic positions would be filled by blacks. Whites might win a linebacker position or some positions on the line, and the kicking department.

Basketball lists--forget it! You might squeeze a few whites in controversially.

Blacks are not superior across all sports. Besides a different bone structure in the feet, an extra bone in the mouth, more fast twitch fibers, greater bone density, etc., (advantages) they have some physiological disadvantages that show up.

I am betting that extra density means blacks will never domninate swimming, though they may have an occasional star. It would probably be easy to prove, however, that blacks have tradtionally had less access to swimming pools than other races, especially whites. Still, I think their extra density does not bode well for them in swimming.

There are physiological differences connected to race that affect performances in various sports. To deny this is silly. We are supposed to ignore it out of political correctness. I do not ignore it. So lambaste me. But the fact is, it is an interesting subject that is not much explored. The area is considered too sensitive to publish within. It could ruin a career easier than make one.

Some people feel that what I say goes against the American principle that All Men are Created Equal. I do not think the founding fathers meant we all have the same bones in our feet or the same muscle density. What the Founding Fathers were saying in effect was: We do not give a damned about an extra bone in the foot. A man born without a foot is still a man.

If that is the case, why should we be afraid to discuss it in sports?

A human had to be tough, strong and resilient to even make the Atlantic crossing in chains and be alive at the end. Their genes got passed on rather than those of their weaker fellows who died. Jimmy the Greek Snyder was fired form a broadcasting job circa forty years ago for even making the suggestion. Silly political correctness.
            Last edited by The Old LefHook; 02-10-2017, 08:01 PM.

Comment

and someone has to pay them. guess the race.

Comment

Well, this threat took a left turn.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                  7 to 8 of the categories are filled with blacks on almost every list. Of course, no one sees anything significant in that--it is just an environmental factor. Why, of course. What environment is that--running on the savannahs for thousands of years?

It is just a fact. You are a racist if you notice it, however, and a bigger one if you mention it.

Blacks are a bit better engineered for top white man sports. Get over it. Admit it. There is nothing to deny. You do not have to deny it or ignore it out of political correctness. You have a mind and you have seen it. You even write it down. Are you going to deny it even after you have written it down in a list?

The next big argument against a free man like me is to say, "Okay, maybe it's true. What good does it do to bring it up?"

I do not see a big advantage in scholarship in not bringing it up. Rather the opposite. It is an affront to scholarship to deny and ignore sample after sample (list after list) that confirm the same result.

From nearly all the lists, the only apparent superior category of whites is in taking a wallop. Whitey had Marciano, Lamotta and Chuvalo. But of course blackey had Hagler and Vampire Johnson, so it might end up pretty close.

I made an all white list to see if it could be done and pass. When you use the very best white fighters, the list is semi-acceptable.

The same thing would be true of AT football lists. Except for quarterback, all the athletic positions would be filled by blacks. Whites might win a linebacker position or some positions on the line, and the kicking department.

Basketball lists--forget it! You might squeeze a few whites in controversially.

Blacks are not superior across all sports. Besides a different bone structure in the feet, an extra bone in the mouth, more fast twitch fibers, greater bone density, etc., (advantages) they have some physiological disadvantages that show up.

I am betting that extra density means blacks will never domninate swimming, though they may have an occasional star. It would probably be easy to prove, however, that blacks have tradtionally had less access to swimming pools than other races, especially whites. Still, I think their extra density does not bode well for them in swimming.

There are physiological differences connected to race that affect performances in various sports. To deny this is silly. We are supposed to ignore it out of political correctness. I do not ignore it. So lambaste me. But the fact is, it is an interesting subject that is not much explored. The area is considered too sensitive to publish within. It could ruin a career easier than make one.

Some people feel that what I say goes against the American principle that All Men are Created Equal. I do not think the founding fathers meant we all have the same bones in our feet or the same muscle density. What the Founding Fathers were saying in effect was: We do not give a damned about an extra bone in the foot. A man born without a foot is still a man.

If that is the case, why should we be afraid to discuss it in sports?

A human had to be tough, strong and resilient to even make the Atlantic crossing in chains and be alive at the end. Their genes got passed on rather than those of their weaker fellows who died. Jimmy the Greek Snyder was fired form a broadcasting job circa forty years ago for even making the suggestion. Silly political correctness.
                  Lefty Instead of this ridiculous line of inquiry could you look at one of the articles I posted? I would appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                  X