Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather- FIGHTER OF THE DECADE? Yes or No?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally wouldn't give it to anyone. Don't think anyone deserves it really compared to former decades . Mayweather probably the front runner and he only fought for half the decade lol.

Comment

Ward won the super six then destroyed Dawson and took out the KO king Kovalev.

He's going to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
        Ward won the super six then destroyed Dawson and took out the KO king Kovalev.

He's going to win it.
        Controversial stoppage. If you view the replay, the shot the fight was stopped on was a blatant low blow.

Floyd beat Canelo, who was at the time extremely underrated

The second best fighter in the world, top 30 ATG, 5 lineal championship 8 division champion, Pacquiao.

And past prime but still dangerous shane mosley.

On top of two wins over a very dangerous Maidana

Pacquiao win > Kovalev
        Canelo win > Dawson

Comment

I think they'll give it to Canelo based on how 2019 pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
            Controversial stoppage. If you view the replay, the shot the fight was stopped on was a blatant low blow.

Floyd beat Canelo, who was at the time extremely underrated

The second best fighter in the world, top 30 ATG, 5 lineal championship 8 division champion, Pacquiao.

And past prime but still dangerous shane mosley.

Pacquiao win > Kovalev
            Canelo win > Dawson
            His best win was Mosley coming off the destruction of Margarito.

The Pac and Canelo fights are meh, one was green and drained while the other had already been Ko'd by Marquez.

Dawson was also drained(like Canelo) but the Supersix win was pretty damn great and regardless of how fast they stopped the Kovalev fight he was beating his ass and came on strong after being dropped in the first fight.

Dawson (drained but prime) > Canelo (Drained and green)

Regardless they might give it to Floyd but I would pick Ward.

Edit*** No way Pac was #2 P4P before the Mayweather fight.

Comment

His best win was Mosley coming off the destruction of Margarito.

The Pac and Canelo fights are meh, one was green and drained while the other had already been Ko'd by Marquez.

Dawson was also drained(like Canelo) but the Supersix win was pretty damn great and regardless of how fast they stopped the Kovalev fight he was beating his ass and came on strong after being dropped in the first fight.

Dawson (drained but prime) > Canelo (Drained and green)

Regardless they might give it to Floyd but I would pick Ward.

Edit*** No way Pac was #2 P4P before the Mayweather fight.
              The Canelo win was tremendous. Canelo was not green. He had what 40 something fights?

Canelo was always underrated. I'm guulty of underrating him myself. It's only now i'm starting to realize what a great fighter he is.

Comment

The Canelo win was tremendous. Canelo was not green. He had what 40 something fights?

So he was prime?

Comment

So he was prime?
                  Canelo was always underrated. I'm guulty of underrating him myself. It's only now i'm starting to realize what a great fighter he is.

When Floyd fought him all the canelo strengths were there. His explosiveness, his speed, his power, his strength, his heart and his boxing ability and intelligence.

Floyd was just smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                    There is still a year and a bit to go, and AJ could wrap it up. If he closes out 2019 unifying all the titles and leaving no challengers... add in his Olympic gold, all the sold out stadiums and broken records... yea I'd say AJ could be a possibility.
                    I got no faith in AJ, he's already shown weakness.

In boxing once you show an ounce of weakness your credibility goes out the window.

The people want a champion with balls of stone. AJ has already shown he's soft.

Comment

When Floyd fought him all the canelo strengths were there. His explosiveness, his speed, his power, his strength, his heart and his boxing ability and intelligence.

Floyd was just smarter.
                      He's a completely different fighter from that time, he learned a lot from that fight and it showed in the Lara fight where after 3 rounds he started going for broke with body shots. He wasn't going to make the same mistake.

I give Floyd credit for being smart, he did end up draining him, he didn't drain Cotto or Mcgregor at 154 but he knew that even a green Canelo is a hard puncher.

You can call it a good win because Canelo has improved and has now become a top fighter but there's no way imo that you can say he wasn't green or he's the same prime fighter he is now 5 years later.

Comment

Working...
                      X