Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salvador Sanchez Vs Ruben Castillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without scoring rounds I thought Sanchez won.

Comment

Sanchez was the real deal. One of the greatest fighters in my lifetime. Having a few close bouts is meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
        Sanchez was the real deal. One of the greatest fighters in my lifetime. Having a few close bouts is meaningless.
        I agree but if Sanchez was around on NSB he'd have been "exposed" three times already haha. Fans got so fickle and hateful over time.

Comment

There is nothing not great about Sanchez...

Great boxer
          Excellent puncher
          Quick
          Great footwork
          Great combo puncher
          Completely cool under fire
          Durable
          Will to win
          Killer instinct
          Ability to go 15 tough rounds

Comment

There is nothing not great about Sanchez...

Great boxer
            Excellent puncher
            Quick
            Great footwork
            Great combo puncher

Completely cool under fire
            Durable
            Will to win
            Killer instinct
            Ability to go 15 tough rounds
            I love Sanchez. He's in my 5 favorite fighters of all-time list but the two bold parts I sort of disagree. I think he had fairly slow feet but perhaps you mean the positioning of his feet? I also don't think he was a great combination puncher. I always felt he was good at timing his shots especially when on the move or one at a time but his combinations to me looked more like flurries where he'd throw a lot but there'd be a lot of arm shots in there. He'd often look sloppy but still effective.

He was most everything else you said though. Very calm and in control and confident that he'd come through. A hard man to beat because he was hard to hurt, had endless stamina and was smart.

Comment

Watch the dismantling of Gomez. He throws his combinations effortlessly but with terrific power. Regarding footwork speed to impossible to determine. What you see with Sanchez that he has the ability via footwork alone to get himself out of trouble. Similar to a young Ali....his legs appear to work independently to maneuver himself in and out of positio and set traps.

Comment

Watch the dismantling of Gomez. He throws his combinations effortlessly but with terrific power. Regarding footwork speed to impossible to determine. What you see with Sanchez that he has the ability via footwork alone to get himself out of trouble. Similar to a young Ali....his legs appear to work independently to maneuver himself in and out of positio and set traps.
                Makes me wish we had a modern day Sanchez.

Comment

Working...
                X