Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather never had a Marquee opponent!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
    Nope a no patience for BS answer, your history of back peddling fantasy and double standards have grown so old.

You were like this on Hatton and you were singing all your BS back then about Hatton and then Floyd stopped him and you began hating Floyd.

I have no respect for you because you straight up talk so much made up BS, when youre wrong man up I cannot respect anyone that will bald face lie to try and win something, there is nothing wrong with being wrong but to deny the truth and turn it into your own lie , fck that.
    Well put ZERO respect for these clowns outchea!

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
      In boxing most fighters are associated with other fighters that define each other’s career. One name mention and instantly another name gets attached to that one particular fighter. However, Floyd Mayweather seems to be the only fighter in the world that seems not to be in this situation. Not understanding what I mean? Let’s break it down.

When we think of Ali , Frazier’s name should jump straight in your mind and to a lesser stent Foremen.

Pacquiao- Marquez
      Forrest - Mosley
      Mosley - Delahoya
      Tarver - Jones Jr
      Bradley - Pacquiao
      Froch - Ward
      Taylor - Hopkins
      Pavlik - Taylor
      GGG - Canelo
      Leonard - Duran
      Hearns - Leonard
      Hagler - Leonard
      Morales - Berrea
      Holyfield- Tyson
      Gatti - Ward

Even in UFC you can see to Ones peanut butter there’s a jelly.

Ortiz - Lidell
      McGregor - Diaz and Khabib
      And etc.

There’s no fighter that really was matched with Floyd besides manny. However they only fought one. Floyd was the favorite and it really wasn’t competitive. Maidana And Castillo are the only two fighters you can honestly say made Floyd “Work” for his win. Let’s be honest 9/10 times Floyd out boxes and land slide beats both boxers. The fact that Floyd had two off nights in his career proves how good he was to still win.

Yes, manny is a P4P great due to the fact he was a smaller fighter that was able to move up Multiple Weight classes but Still manages to have a lot more road bumps in his career.

When we think of Floyd. We honestly can’t really find a clear opponent to say, yes that was Floyd’s Ken to his Ryu.

Floyd will go down and be remembered for three things in boxing.

1.the greatest defensive fighter ever.

2. Being Undefeated. (Point Blank)

3. The Roy Jones Measuring sticks curse.

Now 3 three is an important part of this discussion. Roy just like Floyd were levels ahead of their opponents. Just like Roy to a lesser point very less. Never fought anybody on their level while at their prime facing a prime opponent. Roy did was janes toney. Ok fine bit outside of that. Roy’s prime was amazing against sub par fighters out side Griffith ok. When Roy got to a live body in Traver things started to look different. Yes I know Roy was older and just got back from heavyweight. But before that he had no measuring stick. However Roy was Travors Marquee Opponent in his career and vice verse. It’s hard not to think about Roy and not Travor.

Now Floyd is a special case. Hatton and others were in their prime but Floyd was so good it just didn’t matter but once again There’s no justifiable name that comes to mind that we can honest match up with Floyd in his career.

Floyd is was so good he just didn’t have one and it wasn’t his fault. Yes manny will go down more popular but not necessarily better.

TMT.
      Floyd/Pac was the highest grossing prize fight of all time. Must have been something to it.

Comment

Floyd was levels above anyone and everyone in his career. There’s never been a fighter that beat more world champions and he only had 1 close fight his whole career to me. Castillo 1 was close but Floyd still won despite being injured and completely dominated the rematch. He was so dominant that whenever a guy won more than 3 rounds (Maidana, Castillo, arguably De La Hoya) people went crazy and said he nearly lost. It got to a point where Floyd just had to get stunned in a fight and people went CRAZY (Mosley). Other top fighters get rocked like that every fight. With Floyd people were SHOCKED lol. “He almost got KO’d!!!”.

Plain and simple there’s never been a fighter more skilled in boxing history. You guys can come at me with all these different names and who you “like” more and they may be more popular and therefore have a better “legacy” than Floyd. For instance Muhammad Ali he’s bigger than boxing. I’m just talking skills though. Floyd is the smartest and most skilled fighter ever and that makes him TBE. Not the most popular, not the most exciting but all around the board there has never been anyone better. He’s the best ever.

Haters can/will nitpick his resume but he beat a who’s who of great champions and fought all the greats over almost a 20 year career. People fall in love with nostalgia and don’t like Floyd so it’s hard for them to admit it but we will never see another fighter as good. In the 5 years since he retired you can’t even say who’s the best in the sport and Floyd is still the number one trending topic on this forum despite being almost 45. That says it all. It’s a shame that some people are only starting to see it now but that’s the way it goes. It was the same with Ali people hated his guts while he was fighting and now they love him. The same thing is happening with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          Floyd was levels above anyone and everyone in his career. There’s never been a fighter that beat more world champions and he only had 1 close fight his whole career to me. Castillo 1 was close but Floyd still won despite being injured and completely dominated the rematch. He was so dominant that whenever a guy won more than 3 rounds (Maidana, Castillo, arguably De La Hoya) people went crazy and said he nearly lost. It got to a point where Floyd just had to get stunned in a fight and people went CRAZY (Mosley). Other top fighters get rocked like that every fight. With Floyd people were SHOCKED lol. “He almost got KO’d!!!”.

Plain and simple there’s never been a fighter more skilled in boxing history. You guys can come at me with all these different names and who you “like” more and they may be more popular and therefore have a better “legacy” than Floyd. For instance Muhammad Ali he’s bigger than boxing. I’m just talking skills though. Floyd is the smartest and most skilled fighter ever and that makes him TBE. Not the most popular, not the most exciting but all around the board there has never been anyone better. He’s the best ever.

Haters can/will nitpick his resume but he beat a who’s who of great champions and fought all the greats over almost a 20 year career. People fall in love with nostalgia and don’t like Floyd so it’s hard for them to admit it but we will never see another fighter as good. In the 5 years since he retired you can’t even say who’s the best in the sport and Floyd is still the number one trending topic on this forum despite being almost 45. That says it all. It’s a shame that some people are only starting to see it now but that’s the way it goes. It was the same with Ali people hated his guts while he was fighting and now they love him. The same thing is happening with Floyd.
          Can't even say he wasn't the most exciting. Men lie women Lie, numbers don't. When Floyd fought he generated the most revenue. People who are boring do not generate that type of revenue and viewership regardless of skill. Lil g was hyped up to no ends boy every media outlet in the world and looked unstoppable fighting all them bums he went after- still didn't generate high viewership or revenue. He needed Canelo.
          Floyd may not have been the most exciting- but thats a hard stretch. He was definitely ONE of the most exciting fighters ever.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
            wtf is wrong with this forum?? floyd threads over and freaking over again...Floyd was just better then everyone else....get over it damn
            TMT security checking in...

Comment

Originally posted by Ritz Kola View Post
              Can't even say he wasn't the most exciting. Men lie women Lie, numbers don't. When Floyd fought he generated the most revenue. People who are boring do not generate that type of revenue and viewership regardless of skill. Lil g was hyped up to no ends boy every media outlet in the world and looked unstoppable fighting all them bums he went after- still didn't generate high viewership or revenue. He needed Canelo.
              Floyd may not have been the most exciting- but thats a hard stretch. He was definitely ONE of the most exciting fighters ever.
              The way I look at it is there was 3 stages to Floyd’s career. Pretty Boy Floyd (1996-2006), Money Mayweather (2007 to 2012) and TBE (2013-2015). I was more alluding to the fact that a lot of casuals/new fans have only seen the last two. I would agree with you that for most of his career he was very exciting especially those early fights before he had real hand problems. Especially Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jesus Chavez, Phillip Ndou, Demarcus Corley etc. I also thought a lot of his fights after that were exciting. I thoroughly enjoyed the Hatton and Mosley fights. I especially enjoyed watching him beat down Mosley after Shane ducked Floyd his whole career then tried to act like it was the other way around when he needed the money. Lol. Floyd really punished him for that and deservedly so.

Casual fans nowadays will put Pacquiao and others above Floyd because they like them more and because they think those guys fought better opponents just because they took losses and Floyd didn’t. This isn’t called slugging, fighting to the death or war it’s called boxing and there’s never been anyone better at that than Floyd. They just let their personal feelings (not liking him, racism etc) get in the way of that but deep down they know he’s the best ever. They just won’t admit it.

Comment

Mayweather had both Pacquiao and De La Hoya as marquee opponents.

Although they only fought once the May-Pac saga lasted years, it was definitely a huge part of both of their careers.

Comment

I really do not get the loser mentality of, if you didnt have to fight a guy 5 times then you were not great

If you didnt have to struggle with many people you arent great

wtf is that???

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
                    why rematch a person you easily beat?
                    Look we know it wasn't easy. But floyd really tried to make fights boring so people wouldn't want to see rematch.
                    I'm sure there has been many rematches in history when opponents win convincing decisions so stop with excuses. People want to see how floyd does in rematches against biggest rival's. Floyd didn't want to answer question! He didn't want to do what 100 years of the greatest boxers the world's seen did.

If floyd fans didn't want to see rematch as it was easy why didn't you want floyd to take a risky fight like against Sergio or ggg, or why condone floyd draining Nelo at 152? Exactly you want it as easy as possible
                    Floyd fans always got excuses just like floyddid
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 05-25-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      TMT security checking in...
                      what do i need to secure other then the sanity of the real posters here?? damn how much spam do we need? might aswell just make a damn "I HATE FLOYD" master thread

Comment

Working...
                      X