Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans whom really appreciate boxing enjoy Canelo! Remember GGG memory lane?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    I appreciated Canelo right up until the point where he got popped for PED's.
    right...and Toney and RJJ are just completely dismissed or ''unappreciated''

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Canelo didn't have a single fight at 160 limit when the GGG fight was mandated he was playing around with catchweights so I don't blame the wbc for calling the fight

Canelo didn't take long to take the Golovkin fight so I don't see how he waited for him to get old if anything GGG could've challenged Canelo for his 154 belt
      What 154 belt was that?? The one Floyd lifted? Yeah, well Golovkin wanted that one when it meant something but Floyd had it and wouldn't fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
        First post in this thread is a Canelo fan who said he wants Canelo to face the best 168 fighters, then proceeds to mention Canelo/Plant at 165. Pretty much Canelo's career in a nutshell.
        Actually I am not a Canelo "fan" at all. I do believe that the scoring in the triple GGG fights were suspect and that Canelo has received preferential treatment from the WBC. The 165 remark. That is just an enticement. In the "real world" sometimes negotiations take place. It's not as easy to make fights as some think. Would a guy like Plant step in with the top light heavies at 175 right now? Maybe, maybe not. Canelo's career in a nutshell? Many fans, many haters! Just like most fighters! As for myself I am neither. Just wan't to see the best fights!

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
          right...and Toney and RJJ are just completely dismissed or ''unappreciated''
          No, Toney was punished and it was obvious that he cheated. Jones was popped for a substance that was in an over the counter product at the time.

Canelo however, cannot prove that his contamination came from Mexican beef and nothing happened to him but a delay in his next fight.

BIG DIFFERENCE

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            I enjoy Canelo in the ring

But I don't enjoy the corruption, fanboying and the diva stuff surrounding him
            Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            I’m assuming you’re talking about me

Canelo dropped the strap when he was mandated to fight Golovkin and waited until he aged. So that paragraph of yours is pointless

What future HOFers has Canelo fought ( Mayweather / Moseley / Cotto / Golovkin / Maybe Kovalev ) All we’re over 35 basically a age for almost every boxer in the history of the sport starts declining rapidly from their Prime if their even still active . How many 35+ year old fighters are near the top of their division right now ? You don’t find it a coincidence that every time he fights future HOFers their at a age where they aren’t prime and in many cases their skills have slipped significantly compared to their Prime? Look at the first half of De La Hoyas career it’s almost the same blueprint

So you don’t Canelo receives special treatment and he is treated like every other fighter , How can you explain

- never having even 1 scorecard go against Him in his entire career often given 2-4 more rounds then public opinion , When he goes up against the best Almost always having 1 Judge full out their card before the fight starts
            114-114 Mayweather
            117-113 Lara
            118-112 Golovkin

Getting Multiple Ws he didn’t deserve

- after popping dirty having the President Of a Sanctioning Organization publicly defend him proclaiming his innocence

- out of the blue him receiving a made up special designation strap that can’t be won or lost and has him never having to face a Mando

- getting his first strap at WW ( a vacant ) by fighting the other Hatton who was never more then a c class fighter

Having the President Of a Sanctioning Organization being 1 of 5 people in the sport ( 2 being his promoters ) saying Canelo won the first Golovkin fight

-
            Canelos a G and would fight anyone but his team isn’t going to let him fight anyone. Even with everything slanted in his favour it’s not a good look receiving Fake wins , Yes you can make up your own Weightclass which gives him all the power and gives a Excuse why he isn’t fighting certain guys , make that the reason you’re not fighting Gennady when he was mandated too ( Canelos fights at 155 hes not even a real MW forget that you hold the MW straps ) or Canelos bigger then the straps he doesn’t need to fight Andrade , Andrade has no fans fighting Angulo is a more exciting fight anyways

But none of this matters because I don’t even like the sport I just like watching vicarious Wins from my Ideal ( Whatever the f.uck that means )
            Wasn't really reffering to you specifically, but in general all the people on this site that have amazing theories.

So you are saying: canelo hunts down "future hall of famers who are over 35" huh?

So you're saying: 35 is exactly when future hall of famers begin to decline?

So if he fights a fighter bellow 35, who is obviously going to be a hall of famer (not sure how were supposed to figure that out), at the top of the Division, then he's legitimate or has he just been ruined for you?

Comment

Working...
            X