Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC up for sale & Showtime about to pull the plug on boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    You do know you have contradicted yourself.

Being biased means you support someone, for none boxing reasons.

Supporting someone who is "hot" means you support them because of boxing reason and they are on a good run.

Either way, they care about the events, pay the money and enjoy the nights out.

It seems at America venues it just for the rich to show they are there.

Floyd not only beat boxing, he ruined it in America.

HBO gone,
    Showtime and PBC going.

What does that leave you with, ESPN?

What is more I said this would happen years ago.

Hopefully Europe and the rest of the world steps up and puts on some good shows.

Boxing is not only alive and well in the rest of the world, it is growing in popularity and attracting new fans.
    He didn't ruin it he kept it alive & hbo didn't want to pay him so look at where they ended up by not keeping the biggest attraction the sport ever had. espn is garbage, they are hbo's twin. PBC/Fox/Sho is on top of the game, dazn is 2nd & espn is last of the pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      He didn't ruin it he kept it alive & hbo didn't want to pay him so look at where they ended up by not keeping the biggest attraction the sport ever had. espn is garbage, they are hbo's twin. PBC/Fox/Sho is on top of the game, dazn is 2nd & espn is last of the pack.

Keep believing that

Enjoy your MMA

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Premier Boxing Champions For Sale

As noted on Friday (5.18), the prevailing thought amongst boxing insiders is that it was Al Haymon who invested at least $10M into last night’s Wilder-Breazeale fight to keep Deontay on his side of the street. The belief is that Premier Boxing Champions is for sale (or that Haymon is raising capital) and that he needs the heavyweight champion to pull down the highest multiple. There’s been speculation that Endeavor would have interest in PBC, but that seems unlikely. As one boxing insider told us “Haymon’s fighters may not fight often, but he’s paid them through the roof; Endeavor is not going to buy something with a model diametrically opposed to their MMA business.” FYI:Nearly half (41%) of the UFC’s +/- 500 fighters earn less than $45,000/year.

Showtime Boxing On The Ropes

HBO’s decision to exit the boxing business left Showtime as the sole premium cable channel invested in the sport, but whispers that they too are on bought time are getting louder and as one industry insider told us “at some point somebody above Stephen Espinoza is going to pull the plug because it doesn’t make sense to be spending $30 million, $40 million, $50 million/year on a sport and sit third on the totem pole (behind ESPN & DAZN). I don’t believe a lot of subscribers would turn off Showtime if they stopped doing boxing.”

The ratings from last night’s (5.18) Wilder-Breazeale fight (not yet released at time of print) could go a long way towards making that decision for the network. As reported in Friday’s (5.17) newsletter, Showtime is paying a record licensing fee to broadcast the bout. The network needs to draw 1 million viewers for the show to be considered a success; “if it does just 700,000 or 800,000 homes, it’s going to be embarrassing from a business standpoint.”

https://johnwallstreet.com/showtime-...-on-the-ropes/
        Don't flatter yourselves just yet. If any promotional company is going under then it's definitely won't be the PBC; At least not in the foreseeable future. What you British guys should keep your focus on is whether or not Matchroom Boxing USA and Eddie Hearn can stay afloat.

Eddie Hearn was given an 8 year $1 bil contract to produce boxing content on DAZN with only a two year minimum; While the other six are optional. You know that he was only given a two year window to make this boxing content on DAZN work and that window is closing.

Therefore by the end of September of next year and there is still no Wilder vs Joshua deal, a large number of subs or if he hasn't signed a substantial amount of new American talent then he is out.

So just think about that for a minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlackeryShamone View Post
          Floyd Mayweather won the IBF welterweight title against Judah in 2006. He then vacated as there was no way he was going to fight Cintron. He then he fought Baldomir later that year to win the WBC.

He was campaigning at welterweight for pretty much all of the time excluding the time off 'retired' between 2008 and 2009. The dominant welterweights around that time were Cotto, Margarito and Williams.

He came back out of retirement when Margarito was out of action, Cintron and Williams had moved up and Pacquiao and Cotto were fighting each other.

You keep talking about lineal which shows how dumb you are as Pacquiao has more lineal champions on his list and at their best weight. He beat Marquez, Barrera and Morales at super feather. He also beat Bradley and Cotto at welter and when they were at their peak.

When you look at Floyd's record, it's more a case of who he didn't fight during certain time periods that show how much of a paper champion he was.
          You just tried with cintron….LOL....T.B.E. also tried to get cotto (before margarito cheated cotto with the plaster in his wraps) after the Gatti fight. Paul was told to keep winning that he will get a shot at T.B.E.....T.B.E. came back to fight the man who beat pacquiao (in ALL of their fights). Pacquiao also lost to Bradley in his 1st fight (while jim got you believing Manny won) & he fought cotto at a catchweight where cotto couldn't make the weight anymore (while Manny was on PEDS..)

T.B.E. beat EVERYBODY & it has you suckers mad....LMMFAO!

Comment

And you are the reason why Boxing is falling down the rankings in America.

You reap what you sow
            I'm in the uk now so wtf are you talking bout? The amreicans are kicking our ass. I got to get out of here....LMMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.365 View Post
              Or at least the GolovTards. Their hype & failed PPV numbers for David Lemieux & Jacobs helped make HBO Boxing go bankrupt 😂
              Your right, its them g-tards that got me not liking golovkin….LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                I'm in the uk now so wtf are you talking bout? The amreicans are kicking our ass. I got to get out of here....LMMFAO!

OK, ignore the facts.

Comment

• There's not much I watch on Showtime these days besides boxing. If Showtime stopped showing boxing, I'd probably cancel. I kept HBO for Real Time and Last Week Tonight, but don't think I'd keep Showtime without boxing. I like The Circus, but not enough to pay $9 a month.

Comment

Keep believing that

Enjoy your MMA
                    Keep denying it.

I don't watch mma.

Comment

OK, ignore the facts.
                      Stop lying, your like the kid with the evidence all over you talking about you didn't do it....LOL

http://s15858.pcdn.co/wp-content/upl...ids-16_opt.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X