Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Dariusz Michalczewsi have lasted the distance against Roy Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
    Roy stated in hid interview with journalist Martin T Roll that Dariusz Michalczewsi was the best and he was the second best. I loved the honesty from Roy. He admitted to running from the main man. Wise move.
    You can't be serious.

That link is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Roy for sure didn't like pressure fighters (see Glen Johnson) and DM was so much better than Johnson. Of course Jones was probably somewhat past prime for Johnson, but the blueprint is clear.

I think a lot would depend upon location as I'm sure there's no way the visiting fighter takes a close decision. It would probably go 12 rounds, but there is a strong possibility of Tiger stopping his man.
      Roy looked like a zombie against Glen Johnson.

Nobody believes that Glen would have beaten a pre-HW version of Roy.

Why would they have been a strong possibility of Dariusz winning via KO?

Based on what?

The only way it could gave happened is if the ref was like the one who was in charge for Reid-Ottke.

Dariusz was slow, he liked to go forward, and he marked up easy due to lots of scar tissue.

He'd have had no answer to Roy's speed.

The fight had a Roy UD written all over it unless there'd have been any foul play.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        Why wouldnt you think he lasts out, since he was never stopped when prime?
        Roch stopped him:

https://youtu.be/W9_Dxs51QvI

Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Roy for sure didn't like pressure fighters (see Glen Johnson) and DM was so much better than Johnson. Of course Jones was probably somewhat past prime for Johnson, but the blueprint is clear.

I think a lot would depend upon location as I'm sure there's no way the visiting fighter takes a close decision. It would probably go 12 rounds, but there is a strong possibility of Tiger stopping his man.
          You really think there is a strong possibility that Michalczewski would have stopped Roy?

Comment

No, I don't see it.

Comment

People bringing up Glen Johnson are idiots.

The Roy Jones that ko’d hill would’ve destroyed any version of DM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                You really think there is a strong possibility that Michalczewski would have stopped Roy?
                He's dreaming.

Comment

I think he would because Roy had a tendency of carrying his opponents. In addition, at 175 Dariusz Michalczewski was also a natural bigger man who was tough and who could also punch.

Comment

Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                    You can't be serious.

That link is hilarious.
                    Nah man. I write the Martin T Roll interviews and surprisingly a few people have taken them very seriously. RJJ would have won a tough but clear decision in my view on the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
                      People bringing up Glen Johnson are idiots.

The Roy Jones that ko’d hill would’ve destroyed any version of DM.
                      Yet that same version couldn't destroy David Telesco, Lou Del Valle, or Julio Gonzalez.

Comment

Working...
                      X