No announcement yet.

new FN4 info on career & online mode

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Sliders in the game. Screenshots were posted, but i'm to lazy right now.

Good to hear Sliders are finally in the game. Good info here, taken from ea forum
    there's are a TON of sliders in this game. most importantly, there are GLOBAL sliders that effect the overall gameplay. so if you want to increase the speed of the game, it's in there as a slider. if you want the ref to be more sensitive to damage or illegal blows, it's in there as a global slider. if you want more power to the punches overall, it's in there as a slider. if you want damage to happen less, it's in there as a slider. also, there are sliders for increasing the AI's offensive and defensive awareness which should make for some challenging sparring offline. there's even a slider for the CPU's punch output.

after tweaking the speed, power, and damage sliders this game is teh FU**ING *!! being able to fight as heavyweight with speed was AWESOME! Tyson in his prime was a superb inside fighter and had speed with uppercuts/body shots, and by tweaking the sliders to the max speed I really feld this game did a fantastic job of representing that. I believe EA set the Pac-man vs. Hatton demo to the default (50% speed) to satisfy the masses, but for those of you that have been playing for a while, being able to tweak the speed settings will make for a really authentic experience. To, re-answer Countryboy's question, when the speed is turned up, you really feel a better sense of the jabs and crosses hitting with force. i really hope you are able to adjust sliders for online play (there was no online option available on the version i was playing, so I couldn't test it).

In create-a-boxer you have waaaay more options than in the previous versions of the game. When you begin, you have 78 different "heads" to choose between. you also have a TON of customization features for gloves, trunks, shoes, robes, ring entrance (dry ice/smoke, lasers, style of entrance - confident, serious, etc..). You can choose custom colors for gear too which was really nice.

Brizzo also said that they may be adding MORE sliders between now and when the game is released. Which ones, I don't know. But yeah, take a look at the pics on my flickr page to get an idea of what you can tweak. The create a boxer mode is quite impressive. there is so much more to tweak that i can seriously see the re-creation of pretty much anyone in this game with enough work.

as for fights, big george foreman is a monster in this game. he is really heavy handed and it shows. my james toney was no match for him today.

however, when I fought as james toney I got to see some new animations with a really short inside left hook followed by an overhand straight that had some nice power behind it and snapped his head back. again i was playing with the speed set to max and I was having a freaking ball.

almost forgot, CAMERA's. there are 4 to choose from. the default is "High" which is the one we've all seen in the demo. the other settings are "Close" which looks like FNR3, "Wide" which kind of looks like ESPN / HBO's side view angle, getting most of the ring in view, and "Referee" which is the ref cam from round 3. there is no "swing" camera this year, and I do not know how online will be for choosing sides.

Other items to note:

there is a 'download boxers' option in the main menu that I am assuming will allow you to download other people's boxers.

there are no unlockables in the game (at least no unlockables that they would tell me about)

unfortunately, fights that go to decision will be similar to the demo, with reactions by the fighters and the announcement of the winner only versus the announcer reading of the judges scorecards one by one.

again, i did not see a single ring entrance

totally forgot to fight as hatton or pac-man to compare the demo, but again the speed slider is great if you're worried about the proper snap on your jab

Lastly, i talked to a guy from the team and it sounds like there will be an official tournament this year (kind of like the madden challenge). not sure exactly how it will work (offline or online) but he told me that there would be a tournament of some sort by EA or Sony for fight night this year.
    lame..................and while sliders are sometimes good too much freedom can be bad some times....i mean its not a problem for me since i barely play online, but people who play online, if theres a default setting for online, everyone will have problems adjusting.......and if they let you choose, the match maker will have an advantage picking the settings he likes(if the sliders affect both players).....if both pick their own settings, everyone is gonna max out their settings to not be on disadvantage, so what the **** is the use.....and if both have to agree to a setting, well theres times that people dont get along........

Comment

awesome hehe

Comment

Some more good stuff. It's mostly a summary of some things we already know, but the best part to me is when you start legacy mode, you can include up to 12 of your own CAB's to be included into the CPU fighters. So think about it you're playing legacy mode and you can have mayweather, paul williams, margarito, etc etc etc to compete against.

Legacy Mode Features

-There will be LEGACY RATINGS to achieve from "Bum", "Prospect", "Club Fighter", "Contender", "Champion", "Superstar", "Hall of Famer", "Ring Legend" and "Greatest of All Time"

-These Legacy Ratings will have several achievements that each fighter will have to satisfy to move to the next like: win percentage, popularity level, rank, number of fights, televised/PPV events, winning titles, defending titles

-These achievements can be changed/tweaked by the user in Legacy Setup.

-Quick KOs will earn you more popularity. Longer 12-round wars will help you more in stats and can be rewarded with rematch request.

-There are ESPN Pay-Per-Views that fighters can fight on undercards or for main events.

-There are eight weight classes to fight in. Flyweight, bantumweight, featheweight, lightweight, welterweight, middle weight, light heavyweight, heavyweight.

-Each weight class will have 3 separate belts to win. One of which is called the EABF. It's logical to assume the other two are called the EABA and the EABC(or EABO).

-User fighters can move up weight classes. AI fighters will also move up and down weightclasses as well.

-Rivalries in Legacy Mode are more fluid and sensible than in Round 3's career mode. In other words, if you and a AI fighter fought at welterweight in a 12-round battle, then it is likely there could be a rematch(or rubbermatch) in the middleweight division.

-There are rankings for each individual weight class as well as an overall pound-for-pound ranking.

-12 User CABs(Create-A-Boxer) can be supplemented into Legacy Mode at set up.

-"Legacy Central"(Legacy Mode main screen) will allow users to schedule their next fight, view their last fight(not watch), get advice from their trainer, view their popularity, rank and pound-for-pound rank.

-When fights are scheduled, it's done on a "Fight Calendar". Each fight, when scheduled will feature several days proceeding the bout for training camp.

-There are six training games to choose from: "Open Sparring", "Stay on Your Feet", "Heavy Bag Combos", "Heavy Bag Push", "Double End Bag" and "Maize Bag"

-Each career in Legacy Mode begins with amateur bouts, which can be skipped.

-You can be called out by rivals or you can be pick or select lesser skilled fighters(ie tune-up/"Rocky" events)

-You can create your own fighter or use a fighter from the roster in Legacy Mode.

"Your Legacy Meter is made up of two things, your Popularity and your Pound for Pound rating. Your Popularity is based on how exciting your boxer is to watch: Does he knock people out, does he have 12 round wars? Your popularity can go up even if you lose, as long as you’re exciting. Your Pound for Pound rating is entirely different. It measures your technical proficiency. Do you waste punches? How’s your accuracy? Can you counter effectively? That 12 round slugfest you lost probably did wonders for your Popularity, but it won’t be helping your Pound for Pound rating, and you need both to become the greatest.

You’ll also be fighting against father time. Many boxers are way past their prime once they hit their late 30’s and the game will reflect that. As your fighter ages, doing the training exercises that once improved your stats will only sustain them, and eventually will only manage their decline. The good thing about Legacy mode is that what you must do to become the Greatest of All Time will be fairly clear. For example, at the end of your career you’ll be able to see that if you beat two more top contenders, you will be known as the greatest, but it won’t be easy because those fighters are deadly and if you lose to them you could be knocked out into retirement and obscurity."
        Last edited by ИATAS; 06-06-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

sounds fucking awsome!!

Comment

sounds great!

but do u know if your fighter gets bigger when he moves up in weight? will u see that hes put on muscle or will it be like in round3 were u are way smaller than all your oponents once u move up in weight?

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              sounds great!

but do u know if your fighter gets bigger when he moves up in weight? will u see that hes put on muscle or will it be like in round3 were u are way smaller than all your oponents once u move up in weight?
              I'd imagine so. I also know your stats take a hit everytime you move up/down just like in rn 2

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                I'd imagine so. I also know your stats take a hit everytime you move up/down just like in rn 2
                Is it possible to hold belts in multiple weight classes at once for example holding the middleweight and light heavyweight titles at onece?

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  Is it possible to hold belts in multiple weight classes at once for example holding the middleweight and light heavyweight titles at onece?
                  Good question, I don't know. I think you could do that in round 2 right? You would have a certain amount of time/fights to defend one of your titles before they strip you if I recall correctly. I hope they have something like that again.

But it would be nice if you had to make some tough decisions. Like you have a mandatory against some no name or you'll be stripped but you have the chance to fight a big name for lots of money. You decide whats worth it to you. **** like that would really add to it.

Comment

I'm guessing that in the Career Mode there is not going to be real boxers e.g. Cotto be in the welterweight division in your Career Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Eaz105 View Post
                      I'm guessing that in the Career Mode there is not going to be real boxers e.g. Cotto be in the welterweight division in your Career Mode
                      yes there will.. if u choose to that is. u can take 12 real fighters, or fighters made by u and out in there. or u can choose not to..

Comment

Working...
                      X