Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: I'm Not Overlooking Wilder, This is His Last Chance at Big Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 184guy2 View Post
    Who do you prefer as an W on your resume : Wilder or Dubois , Joyce , Ajagba , Hrgovic ? Who is more relevant ? Even if Wilder loses to Fury again , he still is a big deal . There aren't really any fighter better than that on divsion , excluding Fury and Josh .
    Well seeing as Dubois is an up and coming prospect and Wilder has hit his peak I would say right now Dubois would be the better W but it would depend on the fashion of the win. If and when Wilder loses a 3rd time (officially 2nd) who will want to fight him for peanuts? Wilder will have no draw power and nobody will want to risk fighting him for chump change. When he was champ at least he had a belt people could seek after but now if they beat Wilder everyone can claim that Fury broke him and he never was the same so beating him is no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
      If you are claiming Fury got up on luck I suggest you go watch the interview Reese gave regarding that fight. Fury was never out and was conscience the entire time. There are a number of factors that give it away. Yes Wilder almost won the fight but what did he do in the 2nd fight to almost win? Nothing.
      I didn't say it was 100% luck. I said there was luck involved - another day he wouldn't have got up or his brain would have hit the inside of his skull differently or the ref would have stopped him. Plenty of other fighters in that situation have been stopped

I've seen an interview with Fury where he says "I wasn't thinking about anything. I just knew I either get up or I don't" Trust me if you get knocked down/out like that there isn't a whole lot of thought that goes into it. Fury was lucky he still had his legs when he got up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
        I didn't say it was 100% luck. I said there was luck involved - another day he wouldn't have got up or his brain would have hit the inside of his skull differently or the ref would have stopped him. Plenty of other fighters in that situation have been stopped

I've seen an interview with Fury where he says "I wasn't thinking about anything. I just knew I either get up or I don't" Trust me if you get knocked down/out like that there isn't a whole lot of thought that goes into it. Fury was lucky he still had his legs when he got up too.
        With that rational you could simply say that Wilder got lucky he hit Fury instead of Fury avoiding his punch like he was doing for most of the night. Maybe Fury saw it like you did and realized he did not want to leave the decision in the hands of a ref or judges and that is why he came out in the 2nd fight so aggressive.

I am not sure what you are trying to imply with the Fury interview but again if you go and watch the Jack Reese interview he explains in detail his thought process and why he decided to let the fight continue without just assuming Fury was out like most of the people watching.

Fury was never out, if someone gets knocked out in the manner that most thought he was, you would have seen him lose control of his legs as every person in history has done when getting knocked out in any manner. Fury would not be in control of his eyes either or conscious enough to look directly at Jack and listen to the count, Listen not just hear but listen, and get up at the right time.

If luck was involved then it was on Wilder's side for throwing a straight punch instead of that windmill looping right he always throws. When have you ever seen Wilder throw clean punches?

Comment

Working...
        X