Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHY are JACOBS GGG significantly bigger than when they Debut at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post

So here’s the thing. I don’t like bullshįt. GGg clearly said for years 154-168 was easy... no show.

In other words, if I was Lil’G, I would’ve done like Loma and start his career at 154 to be a champ, then 160, and even now at 168 closing his career. GGg could’ve been a 3 division champ by now.
    If GGG had started career in the US under a decent promoter almost certainly he would have kicked off at 154, however in Germany at the time Golovkin debuted MW was potentially a far more lucrative division. A natural progression would have been for him to debut at 154, move to 160 at around age 30 when the cut apparently becomes significantly more difficult to make and move to 168 for individual high profile fights or in the twilight years of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      If GGG had started career in the US under a decent promoter almost certainly he would have kicked off at 154, however in Germany at the time Golovkin debuted MW was potentially a far more lucrative division. A natural progression would have been for him to debut at 154, move to 160 at around age 30 when the cut apparently becomes significantly more difficult to make and move to 168 for individual high profile fights or in the twilight years of his career.
      Stop the bull about IFs. Thats like saying for every Euro would debut or train in the USA they “would do this.” It is what it is.

He got Gold at Middleweight. And then decided to do more amateur fighting afterwards and was taken advantage of as I can’t see why Kazakhstan wouldn’t back up a medalist, maybe they did... but there have many Kazakh greats so it’s not news.

If he “started” at 154 it would’ve been before the Olympics. In those times who were the 154 champs in the pros? GGG’s legacy was to be seasoned at 160 but by 2010 after 6 years at Middleweight that’s where he made the choice to start accepting that his mass was increasing.

Lil’g fans Won’t tell you how much Lil’g Was huffing and puffing in later rounds in the pros...it’s on YouTube, but they complain about Alvarez starting at 140 with “poor stamina.”

Many boxing fans don’t know what the fûck they are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
        Stop the bull about IFs. Thats like saying for every Euro would debut or train in the USA they “would do this.” It is what it is.

He got Gold at Middleweight. And then decided to do more amateur fighting afterwards and was taken advantage of as I can’t see why Kazakhstan wouldn’t back up a medalist, maybe they did... but there have many Kazakh greats so it’s not news.

If he “started” at 154 it would’ve been before the Olympics. In those times who were the 154 champs in the pros? GGG’s legacy was to be seasoned at 160 but by 2010 after 6 years at Middleweight that’s where he made the choice to start accepting that his mass was increasing.

Lil’g fans Won’t tell you how much Lil’g Was huffing and puffing in later rounds in the pros...it’s on YouTube, but they complain about Alvarez starting at 140 with “poor stamina.”

Many boxing fans don’t know what the fûck they are talking about.
        Whatever, man. I'm talking about a pro debut at 24 years old at 154 instead of 160. You know it's perfectly doable since Am MW is 75kg (165lbs) with a same day weigh-in. In fact it's pretty normal for ams to debut in the pro weight class below their amateur weight. Don't know why you think this is some kind of defense of Golovkin... why would I give a fuck what weight class he debuted at? I just thought it'd be a pertinent contribution given the thread title. I ain't got any axe to grind with Canelo or Jacobs and I don't give a fuck whether or not Golovkin ever chooses to move up, so how about you wind your neck in?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Whatever, man. I'm talking about a pro debut at 24 years old at 154 instead of 160. You know it's perfectly doable since Am MW is 75kg (165lbs) with a same day weigh-in. In fact it's pretty normal for ams to debut in the pro weight class below their amateur weight. Don't know why you think this is some kind of defense of Golovkin... why would I give a fuck what weight class he debuted at? I just thought it'd be a pertinent contribution given the thread title. I ain't got any axe to grind with Canelo or Jacobs and I don't give a fuck whether or not Golovkin ever chooses to move up, so how about you wind your neck in?
          IM saying Kazakhstan has prestige in boxing and aren’t new to the sweet science. Kazakhstani are good boxers... perhaps their genetic plays a part too vs their counterparts in the north ala former Russia. I’d say Kazakhstani before represented Russia the way “blacks” represent the USA..

I’d say the best we’ve seen from Russia at Middle as of late was Korobov and Pirog. Korobov for his physique is very fluid, strong, and is a good pressure fighter with combos. Unfortunately with Lee, Andy is just really good with hooks in both arms. Korobov should’ve took that fight all the way...

Pirog, a guy in Super physique form that his flexibility and speed played a huge part to his style like a slick westerner. Pirog was slim and cut.

When you look at Golovkin, his physique is more donkey structure compared to them, which is what has helped him break down his opponents.

But seeing how Golovkin’s physique is more beefy than Pirog suggests he could be at 168 rather easily. Crunch down Pirog to the height of Lil’G and he’ll still weigh lighter.

I always like to bring up Marquez at 147 because it was rare for him to bottle at the limit. What does that suggest about Marquez? Coming in at 142 against PAC where PAC was 147?

If Gennady was great he would be a two division champ by now, beating PERHAPs guys at 168 and coming in lighter like Marquez at about let’s say 165?

The reality is Gennady would make weight at 168 rather easily and not look gaunt as he has had at 160.

You never know, maybe it’s been Abel Sanchez and his ego agendas to milk GGG to say I trained a Middleweight legend when Gennady might perhaps would’ve liked to have moved up by now. Sanchez comes off as a weasel. It’s hard to say how GGg and Abel work together. I think they’re both in on their bullshįt and just wanted Nelo for cash all to avoid Ward and have fans fooled with some ducking narrative

Comment

Working...
          X