No announcement yet.

True Detective Season 3 starting Mahershala Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    I agree, Colin Farrell was great on that show. Very interesting character wasted on a ****ty season. Rachel McAdams was great too.

I liked the scene where Farrell beat up his son's bully's dad lol. But the season went downhill after that.
    It was completely without direction and did not flow together at all. Just a bunch of needless brooding for atmospheric purposes I suppose but it failed on every level.

Saying it seemed rushed because of the success of the first season is an understatement. That's what happens when you have more than one writer and neither are on the same page, I don't think they were even in the same ****ing book.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      Not sure about him being the best actor, but he's all right. I know him from House of Cards, he was decent there.
      This is what I was thinking. He did okay in House of cards but it wasn't the greatest role by any means. His other roles mentioned sound promising though. Yahoo was kissing his arse all over the place and I never know what to think of that. Still, if Hawkins says he's that good, I'll have to check him out.

The first season of True Detective was a masterpiece. The second one sucked but it happens. I'm sure they'll do better with this one. Sounds like an interesting plot.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        This is what I was thinking. He did okay in House of cards but it wasn't the greatest role by any means. His other roles mentioned sound promising though. Yahoo was kissing his arse all over the place and I never know what to think of that. Still, if Hawkins says he's that good, I'll have to check him out.

The first season of True Detective was a masterpiece. The second one sucked but it happens. I'm sure they'll do better with this one. Sounds like an interesting plot.
        Check out Moonlight. Not usually my type of film but on a whim got it out of Redbox. Its one of the rare films pushed by Hollywood that wasn't a let down. Also, if you like comic book movies/shows, he played Cottonmouth in the Netflix series Luke Cage. He was the best part of the show in my opinion.

Comment

I didn't know either. I ****ing love True Detective.

Season 1 was awesome. A lot of people didn't like season 2 but I did. Rachel McAdams made it good for me lol.

That's the type of chick I would marry.

Comment

Working...
          X