Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers in Britain have to sell tickets to their own fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    Hes one of the biggest ticket sellers in the UK, baffling, Leeds fans love their 12 round decisions. Think Hearn got shot because he doesnt believe in himself, he'll always sell out Leeds but thats his limit, tried to build the title fight and he didnt want it.
    The Leeds crowd go absolutely crazy during a Warrington 12 round borefest. Baffling indeed.

Comment

Don't ALL fighters get tickets to their fights that they can move or give away?

I was under the assumption that big name fighters sold seats for extra cash all the way to the top of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Hes one of the biggest ticket sellers in the UK, baffling, Leeds fans love their 12 round decisions. Think Hearn got shot because he doesnt believe in himself, he'll always sell out Leeds but thats his limit, tried to build the title fight and he didnt want it.
        Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        The Leeds crowd go absolutely crazy during a Warrington 12 round borefest. Baffling indeed.
        He's definitely one of the more likeable guys in British boxing at the moment. A bit like Hatton but saner and less quotable

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Don't ALL fighters get tickets to their fights that they can move or give away?

I was under the assumption that big name fighters sold seats for extra cash all the way to the top of the sport.
          In the UK they do

It also assures that they have a loud contingent of home fans supporting them

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Its that football mentality though that America doesnt seem to have "no matter what weve got your back"

Comment

This is pretty normal. Boxers coming up actively want as many eyes on them as possible. Not all shows have super star names on.

Comment

I've never heard of that happening around here.

Except for maybe for youth boxing matches but that's just to help the kids cover the costs of equipment and travel.

Comment

"I've never heard of that happening around here"....

My best guess is that your "PHD in the sweet science" is just a note from the second grade teacher.

When a fighter has a "home turf" building he promotes every other month as most do during their first 25 bouts they can earn double and triple the normal pay per rounds by moving 300 to 500 ringside seats.
                  Now you've learned something on the forum about boxing thats been going on for a 100 years!
                  You see "you can learn" despite what others have said!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    "I've never heard of that happening around here"....

My best guess is that your "PHD in the sweet science" is just a note from the second grade teacher.

When a fighter has a "home turf" building he promotes every other month as most do during their first 25 bouts they can earn double and triple the normal pay per rounds by moving 300 to 500 ringside seats.
                    Now you've learned something on the forum about boxing thats been going on for a 100 years!
                    You see "you can learn" despite what others have said!

Ray
                    I always bow to your knowledge on boxing, Ray. And I'm glad to learn something new.

But consider that things on the East Coast might be different than they are out here in the West. And in my defense I have never heard Bob Arum congratulate one of his fighters on how many tickets he was able to go sell himself!

Comment

They get 10% of the sales.

Comment

Working...
                      X