No announcement yet.

Please Explain How Canelo Is More Skilled Than GGG? LMAO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post

You see movement, handspeed and counterpunching like that from GGG? Slipping shots and simultaneously landing blazing counters?
    Against much better competition.

Comment

neither does canelo he baits you with different speeds and where they come from how you think he knocked out Khan. Broke him to body and then set him up with a fake slow punch downstairs to force Khan to freeze/drop his hands then lightning fast right to the face no time to react. Canelo mixes it up he's just better and faster at it then GGG. GGG just hits harder but he's not as sharp, skilled or fast.

no actually Canelo does throw all his punches at the same speed. he's predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Against much better competition.
        wrong.

cotto. trout would all get mopped up by Lemiuex, Murray, and Jacobs.

Comment

GGG's footwork and jab is going to eat canelo up and trap him, hes going to make him uncomfortable but unable to escape because of his slow feet. Canelo can also move his head all he wants the body is still there to be hit once hes cornered against the ropes. And he will get cornered all night because his footwork is inferior to GGG. he probably will land some nice shots on GGG throughout the fight but not enough to keep him off.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
            I honestly dont think that most canelo fans realize how skilled GGG really is. To the untrained eye he can seem basic but he is very skilled.
            Like I said on my previous post. GGG is very clever setting up his hard shots. Like the video you posted he's a hunter that sets up clever traps.

However you see Canelo has the skills to sharp shoot but doesn't have the power to hurt guys like GGG does. When we compare them skill by skill Canelo has a good offensive and defensive repertoire and GGG lacks on the defensive part. We've seen him block punches with his face in order to get his in.

Comment

Golovkin has a brilliant jab. Canelo will struggle with it.

And Canelo has some good skills, but he just doesn't have meaningful power. And his feet are incredibly slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
                Like I said on my previous post. GGG is very clever setting up his hard shots. Like the video you posted he's a hunter that sets up clever traps.

However you see Canelo has the skills to sharp shoot but doesn't have the power to hurt guys like GGG does. When we compare them skill by skill Canelo has a good offensive and defensive repertoire and GGG lacks on the defensive part. We've seen him block punches with his face in order to get his in.

unmarked by a much better offense,

Jacobs.

Jacobs brought a 90% KO ratio at the championship level into the fight with Golovkin and couldn't put a mark on him or sit him down.

When GGG cares, his defense = elite

Same with lemiuex.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post

GGG can slip shots when he needs to and can use footwork to evade. His chin is just so good he knows he can take shots coming in so its like he doesnt even bother to slip or evade sometimes. Kind of dangerous but pretty badass to be honest. I dont think he will be that reckless though in a fight like this.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                    GGG's footwork and jab is going to eat canelo up and trap him, hes going to make him uncomfortable but unable to escape because of his slow feet. Canelo can also move his head all he wants the body is still there to be hit once hes cornered against the ropes. And he will get cornered all night because his footwork is inferior to GGG. he probably will land some nice shots on GGG throughout the fight but not enough to keep him off.
                    I had an argument with someone yesterday who said Canelo has shown problems against the jab and GGG will beat him with the Jab because it. which i laughed because Canelo is great at defending/slipping jabs not ok, not just good, he's great at it as you can see from the gifs but I wanted to look up the actual numbers. I'll just repost from yesterday

Cotto's entire gameplan was to get on his bike and jab all night long. Canelo took that punch away by slipping and blocking it and countering. Cotto threw almost 400 jabs but landed only 14% because Canelo's defense and countering ability. He is very good at slipping jabs.

Cotto vs Canelo
                    374 Total jabs thrown
                    54 Total jabs connected
                    14% Percentage landed
                    Through 6 rounds Khan was on pace to land just 40 jabs the ENTIRE fight at just 22% connect rate

Khan vs Canelo
                    88 Total jabs thrown
                    20 Total jabs connected
                    22% Percentage landed

Smith vs Canelo
                    195 Total jabs thrown
                    47 Total jabs connected
                    24% Percentage landed

Lara vs Canelo
                    246 Total jabs thrown
                    55 Total jabs connected
                    22% Percentage landed

Trout vs Canelo
                    416 Total jabs thrown
                    59 Total jabs connected
                    14% Percentage landed

Where is this Canelo has trouble with the jab nonsense you speak of? His defense is WAYYYYY better then you giving him credit for especially his ability to slip and counter the jab which is why fighters are having career worse production and connect rate landing this punch against him. These numbers are what you see defensive wizards like Floyd doing to fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                      Golovkin has a brilliant jab. Canelo will struggle with it.

And Canelo has some good skills, but he just doesn't have meaningful power. And his feet are incredibly slow.

correct. not only the better, harder, longer and higher jab.

GGG also has the quicker feet.

What does this mean?

That means Canelo's pullcounter is completely useless. he wont' be able to reach GGG with the counter

Comment

Working...
                      X